Finally Found the best settings for Bitcomet 0.5*!!

hi members can we resume half downloaded files ,downloaded by other clients i tried what they said in the help section but cannot resume it, any other way of doing it:huh:

hm i have mtnl triband NU... 256 kbps.. 12-8 free... so i do around 650 mB everynight..

when i first started using bit comet on triband(cause BIt tornado never gave me more then 8KB) i never used to get good speeds on bit comet even on the healthiest of torrents... i did a couple of games and some tuts for MX.. .. the thing wasi never got more then 20 KB. and that too was never constant. :( .. i never touched more then 500 mb.. in the first 15 days :((

the reason was i was only connecting to local peers.. and as such never got consistent speeds...

after i did forward my ports.. it was all too evident that i could easily connect to remote peers too and sustain my max 27KB speedd throughout the night..

i still use bit tornado for bigger downloads.. for smaller ones. esp albums. i que em up on bit comet as now i get good enough speeds.. ya ya i can use bit comet for bigger downloads too . its just personal prefrence cause of which i use Tornado..

so the bottom line is. if you using triband. then you really gotta forward ports otherwise you`ll not get good consistent speeds on all torrents... try downloading stuff you think is not so popular here(not many people would download it ) and you would know why port forwarding is vital for torrents on triband..

chow..

oh and the settings i use in comet are default... and port is 6881 (forwarded)..

Just set the max no of simultaneous downloads to a specific value in the preferences tab and the remaining torrents will automatically be queued...

Nope i am getting the same old 30kb/sec on my shared 64 connection. Yes it's not possible but i might be getting higher bandwidth, dunno. I have always gotten 30-35kb/s and never more than that. I am happy.

But i have heard that people can increase there download speed by 4x if they have a cable modem. I am sure most of you have heard about Port forwarding, it really helped my friend increase his speed by quiet a lot. If it is of any help you guys can try http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/25.html this link.

whateve_r

whateve_r said:
Nope i am getting the same old 30kb/sec on my shared 64 connection. Yes it's not possible but i might be getting higher bandwidth, dunno. I have always gotten 30-35kb/s and never more than that. I am happy.

whateve_r

u get just 3 KB/s (30Kb/s) in ur 64 Kbps connection?isnt that very low? or did u mean 30 KB/s? which is very high .:S

Man ok dude i am tired, i know what it means. Cant't beleive someone will really point that out, i mean to say no one has mentioned "kb" so i won;t mean that. Yes i get 30KB/sec. Thats not high, i am on shared hathway connection i think Hathway increased there bandwidth so i guess the good download rates.

akshay:cool2:

chic_magnet said:
hm i have mtnl triband NU... 256 kbps.. 12-8 free... so i do around 650 mB everynight..
when i first started using bit comet on triband(cause BIt tornado never gave me more then 8KB) i never used to get good speeds on bit comet even on the healthiest of torrents... i did a couple of games and some tuts for MX.. .. the thing wasi never got more then 20 KB. and that too was never constant. :( .. i never touched more then 500 mb.. in the first 15 days :((
the reason was i was only connecting to local peers.. and as such never got consistent speeds...
after i did forward my ports.. it was all too evident that i could easily connect to remote peers too and sustain my max 27KB speedd throughout the night..
i still use bit tornado for bigger downloads.. for smaller ones. esp albums. i que em up on bit comet as now i get good enough speeds.. ya ya i can use bit comet for bigger downloads too . its just personal prefrence cause of which i use Tornado..
so the bottom line is. if you using triband. then you really gotta forward ports otherwise you`ll not get good consistent speeds on all torrents... try downloading stuff you think is not so popular here(not many people would download it ) and you would know why port forwarding is vital for torrents on triband..
chow..
oh and the settings i use in comet are default... and port is 6881 (forwarded)..

I also have Mtnl nu but i do not get more than 2o kbps that too variable. Please tell me how do i forward the ports as u have mentioned.

you can go to broadbandforum.in and chk out a couple of threads on port forwarding... from there i got how to forward my dsl 502T router...

i have been doing a 4gb torrent... and i`m uploading at max 22 KB .. and downloading at 26KB.. so i`m maxing my downlaoding speed and i get around 650+ Mb everynight on this torrent which is very good :d . hehe.

Back