Finally Motorola can have my money

shripad, get it to GB before you post a comparison ...it would be only fair to compare with other devices on GB.

the current GB based on leaked chinese rom is a bit buggy. and official release for ATT atrix 4G is slated for this month. :)

Now that is an awesome purchase... Congrats. :clap:

On a side note... Do you hate the AT & T logo on the phone?? I dunno why but I really hate operator branded phones. :(

Also, slated for the next week is the first Custom ROM for Atrix :)

Btw, just as an FYI to Shripad, battery life on the leaked GB guild is horrible though it scores over Froyo in pretty much all other aspects (if you don't use Fingerprint scanner i.e.)

Pat said:

Btw, just as an FYI to Shripad, battery life on the leaked GB guild is horrible though it scores over Froyo in pretty much all other aspects (if you don't use Fingerprint scanner i.e.)
Yeah,

Have gone through 2.3.4 threads over at XDA. Not flashing it just yet. Have a kid running in house at the moment (cousin from US is visiting ), So having finger print lock is perfect :p

Need to play with the phone for couple of days to get the idea about its characteristics for my use. How battery drains at the moment etc. I have only done basic things which were must like CWM, Root, Sideloading, multitouch fix etc.

I missed tinkering with Android phone to this extent. Never really owned phone which was locked / screwed up by carrier this much out of box :p

But hey, not much to complain. Thanks to this $#it we get this phone at such fantastic price and those who are ready to play with it can turn it into a fantastic phone now that Moto is finally waking up.

Waiting for ROMs to start flowing.

Pat said:

that rom is rather an AOSP

imo, the devs are waiting to build rom on official gb for atrix base than to build on a leaked rom which was not meant originally for the atrix.

As for just AOSP, there already exists one from kennethpenn based on 2.3.3 that was leaked to dev phones.

The atrix thread over CM forum is getting more hits everyday and i hope it gets done soon :p :)

battery life sucks on leaked rom for sure but it is still as good as if not better than what one gets on sgs.

hope you have calibrated the battery after flash

Shripad said:
Its CDMA. Havent activated it yet. But talked with reliance and they are ready to activate this on their network. Just getting feel of it for last few days.
confirm again

MEID has to be registered in RIM or Tata

If its already done thats fine

If you got contacts to do it thats better

If MEID registration not required now in RIM

then please post here to update us all

madnav said:
that rom is rather an AOSP

imo, the devs are waiting to build rom on official gb for atrix base than to build on a leaked rom which was not meant originally for the atrix.

As for just AOSP, there already exists one from kennethpenn based on 2.3.3 that was leaked to dev phones.

The ROM you are referring to is again from Motorola (probably their first GB build) and it really sucks as per the leaker :p himself!

Hopefully, the one from Angdroid will be lots better! Oh btw, work on CM7 has also begun so it shouldn't be too long for that either ;)

Ot but which is best gems based droid?

Motorola is launching gems gsm. Atrix but its in china.

which cdma android is best of crop??

Sprint is difficult to unlock.which site you would advice for unlocking??

Thanks madnav.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I was trying to get blackberry style which is still exclusive to sprint, unlocked.

But nobody could unlock it.

My sis was hellbnt on it.

style 9550 or something.

^used cellunlock dot net fr unlocking att atrix 4g and the site has had 100% success rate as per thread in atrix sub forum.

Even mine is unlocked over their only but sprint is not working.I emailed those cellunlock four days ago.lets see if it works out.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT& T

What is current scene of. ROM development. ?

Anything on gingerbread for daily use?

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT& T

^^Oh yes, the leaked AT&T 2.3.4 build is, in most probability, going to be the one that's released officially by Motorola! It is miles ahead of Froyo and battery life on this does not suck as it did in the HKTW 2.3.4 build! Make sure you flash Kennethpenn's ROM based on OTA through CWM and not the official OTA!

Back