Finally My New Rig's Complete :)

Thanx a lot guys ...

deepak said:
congrats on the rig man....wat was the total damage
3600+ and Asus M2N-MX combo : 7250/-
2x1GB Kingston DDR2 667 : 4700/- (I think now it's down to 4400 odd :( )
Corsair HX620 : 7000/-
EVGA 8800GTS : 12500/- approx from US
Chieftech LBX Cabby : 4000/-

I got around 7k for my old cpu+mobo+ram+400watt powersafe & VIP cabby , and sold my 7600GT for around 6k

Shakensoul said:
What display ??
Still stuck with my Samsung 740N :(

Supra said:
Congrats on completing the rig....btw fit the 8800GTS & post a pic on how tight it is on the board. Also post the nos :p
These pic's were taken at Eazy's place with his card to check if the card would be blocking any of the sata ports (one of the reasons I didn't get the Jetway Board) :p

Udit said:
congrats great buy :D

but m-ATX motherboards look sad & puny :no:

why did you not buy a ATX motherboard? :huh:

I was looking for a atx mobo yaar ... but there was nothin good available within my range, I almost got the M2N-E for 5k odd but then checked online and found it to be a terrible board :( nothing else was available even on the MSI side apart from the 590 Ultra Sli boards which were 7k upwards

Udit said:
btw what is that thing I highlighted in the picture below?
Yup thats my Pixelview TV Tuner card .

ashishkushwaha said:
Now Post some scores :)

Here's the initial 3DMark06 score on Vista using 158.18 Beta Drivers ...

Whats are the 8800 GTS temps ? Idle and load ? Have you run Rivatuner 2.01 for increasing fan speed of GFX card - default is 60% of max RPM.

An excellent gaming rig!! :D

A lil weak on the processor side but heavily compensated for that in the graphics dept!! :p

Btw, wats the brand on the 8800GTS??

You have done one of the most Intelligent Things: On a tight budget you have invested more on GPU rather than on CPU and Motherboard.

awesome choice....M2N-MX rocks :).....even a C2D rig will give a max 10% extra at 1280X 1024 or above res...so very wise choice.

Eazy said:
Whats are the 8800 GTS temps ? Idle and load ? Have you run Rivatuner 2.01 for increasing fan speed of GFX card - default is 60% of max RPM.

Idles at 59 when I start the PC ... an hour or so of oblivion/carbon and get to around 78 even after an hr of rthdribl it's at 76 ... but after that the temperature sticks to 65 for a very long time and settles down to 61/62 .... I'm using the same cooling technique that you initially employed have a 92mm panaflo blowing air onto it and a 80mm std fan suckkin air out of the cabby through the sidepanel ... think the gpu could be further cooled if I add another intake fan ... lets see. btw I've set the fan to 100 through rivatuner and there's no way I could hear it above the panaflo :p

Alias said:
A lil weak on the processor side but heavily compensated for that in the graphics dept!! :p

Btw, wats the brand on the 8800GTS??

I'm running the processor at 2.5ghz i.e X2 4800+ speeds so I dont think it's bottlenecking the gpu too much. The 8800GTS is from eVGA :)

Back