FIRE in India. Your thoughts?

I always desired to do business but everything stucks by coming to capital and currently not in that strong capacity to take such risk. Else managing is something i enjoy throughly and is in my roots

Get HR MBA. Get HR job. Profit.

What do people do with their life after retiring early?
Some people have their own goals like managing some business, traveling etc They do that. One guy I know retired to outskirts of town, built a independent house and started growing vegetables in his backyard and now teaches Karate and Judo to children in evenings. Also goes on treks.

My dad after retiring took up coconut farming on our small agriculture land. Another 45 year old canadian I met during my trek teaches English in Japan for 6 months and other 6 months he travels the world. He's not rich or anything, just save some and travel some. Everyone have their goals

Lots of people today prefer freedom of work rather than being a slave to some cos.
I too like to travel and explore and would love to see the world. But only once m done with working enough to save enough to travel anywhere.
And in free time either coach or do free lancing stuff. Thus you get the leaisure on both sides.

today I hiked up 13k mountain the sweat drops froze on my spectacles. almost froze my fingertips. got scared watching one of my friend crash on the mountain top and had to emergency land to escape strong winds. (he is okay, got few stitches on his knee) then went to whiskey distillery and had amazing drink. I am saying this because there are certain things that you cant do after retiring. And I feel that chasing this retirement money plan is a slippery slope.
here are some pics from the action cam
loveland1.jpg
loveland2.jpg
loveland.jpg

Last edited:
I recently came across something called FIRE (Financial Independence and Retiring Early) on Reddit and seems like a lot of the people there were considering "wealth targets" like around 1-2cr rupees as the point where they can retire early.

So in terms of achieving this mythical "Financial Independence", what are your goals? How far along are you in terms of meeting them?
What about Retiring Early? I personally don't think I will be "retiring early" - I'd probably want to work a less hectic job in future for sure but just don't see myself completely retiring.

Thoughts?
Money Finance/Economy which took place in other countries, finally going to people of India..
there is a much good term for this..

today I hiked up 13k mountain the sweat drops froze on my spectacles. almost froze my fingertips. got scared watching one of my friend crash on the mountain top and had to emergency land to escape strong winds. (he is okay, got few stitches on his knee) then went to whiskey distillery and had amazing drink. I am saying this because there are certain things that you cant do after retiring. And I feel that chasing this retirement money plan is a slippery slope.
here are some pics from the action cam
View attachment 72727 View attachment 72728 View attachment 72729

Please tell me you're just messing with us...

Back