Budget 31-40k First build

If you can get a 11400F for 15k, it's a no brainer. I dont know much about Intel motherboards. Check the review vyral_143 shared or that of Gamers Nexus and Hardware Unboxed. If it's a budget gaming build, the 11400F is better (you do need to unlock the power limits to get the most out of it). There's nothing wrong in going with 3600 too, you also get the option upgrade to 5600x (Edit: or 5800x) later if you want. Depends on how often you upgrade.

Last edited:
If u are getting 11400f for 14k just buy it , it's the best cpu for that price . 11400f>r5 3600> i5 10400f for gaming . These sites rank and score cpu on their own criteria . Don't bother much about these stupid comparison instead fire up YouTube and search for your particular case of usage , like if u planning to buy it for batch compression of files then search that on YouTube , if u plan to play civilization on that cpu , then search 'civ 6 i5 11400f' .... So and so this will give u much better understanding about how ur pc will perform

@roofrider

Before the arrival of the M.2 form factor, manufacturers built pure PCIe Wi-Fi cards for desktops. Since the PCIe interface doesn't directly expose the USB connection, you also need an additional USB header if the card contains the Bluetooth chip as well.

Nowadays, however, it would be much more cost effective to produce the M.2 card itself, cause the vendors can then use the modules directly on target platforms or ship them with an additional PCIe adapter for backward compatibility. And yes, there are vendors like Fenvi who sell the aftermarket modules as well.

Regarding the MSI B450M BAZOOKA MAX WIFI (or any other motherboard with a "hidden" M.2 E slot, see here to know the location of the card and how to replace it.

Thanks, good to know. I have no experience opening the I/O panel but I guess it's there for those who need it. Randomly across a couple of motherboards that had M.2 E key (clearly labeled as M.2 WiFi) on the board and not on the I/O panel but these don't seem to be that common.
Let me know if I understood this incorrectly. If the board has an M.2 E slot then it would require a combo of M.2 WiFi card + wired antennas, something like this. Or if connecting via PCIe, then this (or one of the Feniv options) for all the other motherboards. It's not going to be easy to procure these if not available locally.

Last edited:
@roofrider

Yes, some motherboards are being sold with an unoccupied M.2 E slot on the board surface. Example: Gigabyte B460M AORUS PRO.

Before the border skirmish, I frequently bought Fenvi-made Wi-Fi 6+Bluetooth 5 M.2 modules to upgrade the crappy OEM cards on laptops owned by my family members and friends. You can still order such cards via vendors like Mouser.in, but the cost will be higher.

For desktop motherboards having no M.2 E slots, you can opt for TP-Link or ASUS PCIe cards (basically adapters with the M.2 card) from Amazon.in.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot guys.... Completed the Build just the day before lockdown. Thank u for all ur suggestions and input for making our build a greater one. Bought all the parts from one shop here in Chennai except keyboard. Couldn't find the keyboard alone ( for now I'm using a 10yr old iball -_- ). Once the restrictions are lifted I'll buy a new one (planning to buy an ant eSports or redgear or any other cheap Mechanical keyboard with wrist rest).

CPU - Intel i5-11400F
MOTHERBOARD - Gigabyte B560M DS3H AC WiFi
RAM - Hyper x 2x8GB 3600Mhz
SSD - Gigabite 1tb m.2 ssd
PSU - cooler master 550w
CASE - antec nx310 (with an extra front fan )
MONITOR - Acer Nitro 23.8 inches 165hz full hd.
MOUSE. - Msi wired gaming mouse (don't know the exact model ).

Again thanks a lot guys...

Attachments

• IMG20210511105937.jpg
    IMG20210511105937.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG20210509195025.jpg
    IMG20210509195025.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
can you please share the cost for these?
CPU - Intel i5-11400F
MOTHERBOARD - Gigabyte B560M DS3H AC WiFi
RAM - Hyper x 2x8GB 3600Mhz

Shouldn't be problem installing W11 either isn't it?

Back