Car & Bike First Car - Used Car || Which One

I would let more experienced members comment on this but from what i've heard, the Getz is / was a pretty fuel thirsty car :p And i wont be too sure on the resale value of a Getz...

Recent versions of the WagonR(I don't know which year) have a windshield defogger which I find immensely useful. Also, they come with a factory fitted CNG kit. Folks with such a WagonR might be able to comment better. It's a practical car with nice mirrors and I liked the power steering of the WagonR.

Had driven the Alto once and I did not like the feel of it. However, I might've picked an Alto over the WagonR simply because I don't like tallboy cars.

c'mon guys, more inputs please :)

Spectre said:
Now, I have an offer for

Hyundai Getz 1.3 GL model
Year of purchase: 2005 , 25000 Kms done

Price: 2.25 Lacs net

is it a good deal, more importantly, is it a good car to invest on
Please reply at earliest

New alto with1000cc k series engine is coming out tomorrow. Why dont you wait and test drive it. Alto has good resale value aswell. I suggest you buy a new one instead of going for a used car. After 1 year you can sell it for a good price and move on to better cars.

Spectre said:
Just to let you all know, the Wagon R deal fell-off as we preferred a power steering model, for parking at our congested street

Now, I have an offer for

Please reply at earliest
Hey the price seems decent! The FE will be slightly lesser than than what you can expect for a Wagon R.

If you are buying from a dealer please do check the odo reading and the mechanicals (with the help of a mechanic). Almost all cars at the dealer are tampered!

Spectre said:
Just to let you all know, the Wagon R deal fell-off as we preferred a power steering model, for parking at our congested street

Now, I have an offer for

Please reply at earliest
2.25L for 2005 with 25K kms on odo seems to be a reasonably good deal. Does it has PS and PW?

Getz is a really comfortable and reliable car. If good ride comfort and back-seat legroom etc are important for you, you can go for Getz.
However it has a reputation for being a bit thirsty (expect a mileage of 9-10 in city and 13-14 highway). And I heard it's going to be discontinued. However being a hyundai, spares wont be a problem. Spares are reasonably cheap as well.

Bottomline is...if having a spacious and comfortable car is your priority, go for Getz. Else if you are looking for a cheap city runabout, go for Alto/WagonR/Santro.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Edit: Read your main post just now. Since you are planning to sell it off within a year, don't buy Getz. Not worth the trouble. Get a more popular model like Alto/WagonR/Santro.

Are you planning to dirve only in the city, or going long distances frequently on highways. In this case better buy someother car than the alto. If its just normal city driving and if you are planning to sell your car 1 year as you have pointed out alto is the one. Its a simple and no non sense car. But do keep in mind. If you put in 5 mid sized people and switch on the AC, its quite a drag. Thats why i wanted you to wait for the new alto which has more power.

If you are looking for a car you will keep for few years then go for other hatchs like the beat or i10. They have better looks, interiors and more fun to drive.

Dont ignore the seating too...

It sometimes become a deal maker/breaker..

If U like height-ed seating, WagonR or santro is good deal..

however, if looking for sofa type seating just like zen, getz will give U it....

BTW, getz is very spacious.

ANOTHER DEAL

Santro Xing - 2005 XG

Kms ~ 30000

Price offered: 2.25 Lacs

Mechanic ran a quick check and told its in good condition. However I will get a thorough inspection done before i take it

Insurance is in effect and service records maintained. Deal with direct Owner (and not dealers)

How is the deal guys! any pointers

Thanks a lot to all folks, who helped me with my first car purchase. really appreciate it

I have now got a
Hyundai Santro Xing XO Limited Edition car - 2007 model, 32000 Kms run, single owner

Cosmetic condition is just superb, no scratches, looks just like new after polishing/teflon
Odometer is fine, as verified by tyres and service history
No accident records, no structure damage

Got it from Kun Hyundai pre-owned car showroom
Net Price: 3 Lacs
With 1 service, teflon coating, all niggles fixed

Limited Edition comes with
Alloy wheels
Spoiler
Full body in same color (door handle, mirror)
Remote key lock pair
All 4 power windows
Same color - better quality seats

I know that I may have paid 10K+ more for this, but with very good feedback from mechanic, proper documents, valid insurance(with NCB) and well maintained service history, it gave me peace of mind rather than cutting corners now and spending later.
They serviced it at Hyundai service centre and full body exterior and interior teflon coating - before delivery

Changed tyres to Michelin XM1+ 165/65 R13

Back