Graphic Cards First Indian Nvidia-Approved Brand

Graphics Guy

Disciple
The Channel Times says that :

Big Byte Corporation (BBC), the Mumbai based distributor of Nvidia GPU-powered XFX graphics cards, will now sell the cards in its own brand name - BIG (Best in Graphics). It thus stakes claim to be the first Indian Nvidia-approved brand
http://www.channeltimes.com/channeltimes/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=3643&cat_id=820

TechTree says :

Big Byte has announced that it will now sell Nvidia based graphic cards under its brand name 'BIG'.

Big Byte Corporation, originally the distributor of XFX graphic cards has now announced the launch of its brand - BIG (Best In Graphics), under which it will sell Nvidia based graphic cards. The company claims that BIG is the only Indian brand to be approved by graphic card chipset manufacturing biggie, Nvidia.

http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/showstory.jsp?storyid=3650

:clap: :clap: :clap:

well.. I have a feeling I know who u r.. but it is good news.. May be u cud throw more light on where they are getting it manufactured, what wud be the pricing and what about warranty?

SInce it is a new brand pricing would be a major issue for its success I wud say. Price the cards lower than the prices of existing brands (without crippling the card) and couple that with the now industry-standard 3-yr warranty and service to match, and you have a winner on your hands!

ahaa.. here's the catch.. ;)

Lemme quote what Vikas Gupta, Director, Big Byte Corp. had to say in the Channel Times article:

"There is total assurance of best quality since it is Nvidia-approved. However, the differentiation will not come on the price front, but the availability, continuity, and range of products. Since it is our own brand, we will provide the best of support to ensure customer satisfaction of the highest level," he stated.

Since most of the techies buy graphics cards after extensive research (reading thru lotsa reviews) perhaps Vikas wud lend a few of the cards to the likes of Darky/DJ/bottle/Chaos for their expert reviews ;)

SuperNova said:
they are gonna manufacture it or what?

or it marketing only

here..

Vikas Gupta said:
We are going to ship products from factories abroad to make them available in India simultaneous to the worldwide launch.

Herez the downer:These will be OEM XFX cards under the label of big byte.Old wine in new bottle,basically.
Moreover,these cards are discontinued/excess stock of chipsets like 5700LE,MX 440 etc. i.e older generation/outdated stock which will be sold under the name BIG.
The 6600/6800 cards will still be marketed under the XFX label.
Wonder why people get so excited about these things. :bleh:

Vikas Gupta said:
We are going to ship products from factories abroad to make them available in India simultaneous to the worldwide launch.
that will hardly change the costs. and availability i think is not too much of a problem right now is it? You have the low end cards available in plenty everywhere. For high end stuff, with the same costing, you can hardly expect dealers to stock them.

Moreover,these cards are discontinued/excess stock of chipsets like 5700LE,MX 440 etc. i.e older generation/outdated stock which will be sold under the name BIG.
if thats what it is gonna be, then this looks like a big flop to me. Atleast no guy with some basic knowledge is gonna buy this stuff.

And I forgot to add,that only some people in Big Byte are good.Their Delhi office has decent people.
But look at the the idiot Ronald from Chennai office.Ever seen the stupid questions he asks on techtree forums?
As it is there won't be any price benefit unless someone opens an assembly unit and mfgs the cards in India itself,thereby avoiding all the duties and stuff.
Quote:
"Our target is to capture 25 percent of the market by the end of two quarters. We already have 17 percent of the market share with XFX. Of course, there will be a clash of interest since we are doing XFX and have launched our own brand 'BIG'. But our priority is the brand and we will be very aggressive in promoting it to eat into other players' market share. The channel can also look for some very attractive margins," Gupta stressed

I won't be happy with a statement like that.A better one would be "Gamers can expect some very cheap and decent cards".Better margins for piggish dealers,my foot. :mad:

Instead of launching new names, why cant these guys import well known brands like BFG, Sapphire, MSI etc which have no presence here in India. I for one am not gonna touch any brand which I havent heard of, have seen some total rubbish cards from Maxforce, Digicolor, and loads other 3rd grade Chinese brands.

BUt if these are gonna be XFX OEMs as undertaker says, then they shud be a tad better than those digicolor, maxforce n other such stuff..

OEM's have less warranty. So more a risk buy. I understand these ppl have better margins in these brands but..... I am not gonna recommend it till proved otherwise.

Yes, even I think price wud be the most important factor determining the sales of the company. Until a year ago not many wud have even considered a XFX card, coz we all knew it came from Pine and they did not have a good reputation. But u see XFX cards sell like hot cakes. Why? Coz they were priced cosiderably lower than the likes of Asus n GIgabyte n they offered 3yr warranty to match too! Had XFX priced their cards on par with Asus/Gigabyte or even a tad lower, wud they have achieved the 17% market share as it has been said? I dont think so!

Lets face it, cheaper price sells in India! more so when its an new or unknown brand. :)

Most of the cost cutting can be done only on low end products.On things like 6600gt or 6800gt the card makers have to follow nvidia specs to get a stable end product.
Speaking of prices here are the ideal prices:
6200 pci-e/agp(128-bit):5 to 6k
6600 pci-e/agp:6.5 to 7.5k
6600 gt:9.5 to 10.5k
Those are pretty reasonable and achievable prices.And as an article on TT by Ameya rightly said 64-bit cards must be phased out.A 64-bit bus is just too narrow for any gaming today.

undertaker said:
Most of the cost cutting can be done only on low end products.On things like 6600gt or 6800gt the card makers have to follow nvidia specs to get a stable end product.

Speaking of prices here are the ideal prices:

6200 pci-e/agp(128-bit):5 to 6k

6600 pci-e/agp:6.5 to 7.5k

6600 gt:9.5 to 10.5k

Those are pretty reasonable and achievable prices.And as an article on TT by Ameya rightly said 64-bit cards must be phased out.A 64-bit bus is just too narrow for any gaming today.
Yeah! I have to totally agree with you and Ameya! :clap: :p

hey my friends , 1st of all BIG--(BEST IN GRAPHICS) launched by bbc india is under direct control of oem manufacturing units by nvidia , i blv nvidia knows wht qc is all abt , nor BIG will hv oem cards from xfx , its gonna be all together different
as far quality is concerened we wont say much abt it , best way is we send gds to techenclave test lab let them review it and publish results it will be neutral i blv , if its good its good and if its bad its bad ,wttyy for gds will be 3yrs
as far as range is concerened by end of month you can see 6600series and 6800series on the retail shops across india, and some also quoted why margin for dealers tht much , its simply if they dont make money how u expect them to handle wtty for 3 yrs genuienly ,we are looking from support from you guys , rank it after its reviewd by test lab or by yourownself , your feedback is valuable

Hey Vikas I believe u r the man behind BBC right?Glad that u r on the forum directly.
So will we see some 6600 (non-gt)AGPs soon?At what price?
And btw:When I went to ur NP office back in Dec.,Mr. Rajendra sent me over to Computers Infinite and they gave me the card I wanted then ,5700LE 256MB albeit by Rashi,which u know sucks in warranty.It would be much appreciated if ur office directly sold to customers with invoices coming directly from u.
Have u given thought to selling here directly on this site,keeping the price lower? ;)
BTW:About the dealer's margins,u being an insider know very well that many dealers give lousy warranty even if they have good disty support and half don't know what they are talking about,so pls understand why we geeks dislike them.
On a side note,pls. check Mr. Ronald's(ur chennai guy)activities on techtree forums,his questions make ur company look very bad.

Back