Audio Five 2.1 Speaker Set Comparison

RishiGuru

Disciple
Digging the net if found a comprehensive review & comparison available in the Tom'sHardware website regarding five 2.1 speaker sets.

1) Corsair SP2500

2) Creative Gigaworks T3

3) Klipsch Promedia 2.1

4) Logitech Z623

5) Soundscience Rockus 3D

Tom'sHardware link : 2.1-Channel Speaker Roundup

Corsair SP2500

Klipsch Promedia

Logitech Z-623

I really liked the SP2500. Points to note though:

1) SP2500 have 232W while Z-623 has 200W

2) SP2500 costs $260 while Z-623 costs $140 (amazon.com).

3) Z-623 have THX certification

According to Tom'sHardware sound quality wise SP2500 & Z-623 are identical. Both have the same sonic feel & character in their sound. SP2500 have more options in the wired remote that Z-623 lacks. On the other hand Z-623 is a good $120 cheaper.

Say, I will get the the Z-623 for sure since it gives me same sound quality & sonic feel of SP2500 at $120 less. Or I can spend $20 over SP2500 to get two Z-623. Now I have 400W instead of SP2500's 232W. Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!

Tom'sHarware comments on:

SP2500: "The Corsair SP2500 sounds good to my ear, whether playing back hard-hitting games or all sorts of music. I did notice a kind of hollowness in the mid-range—with vocals particularly—and this does reflect the valley we saw in the frequency response at 3.5 kHz."

Klipsch Promedia : "It rarely shows the highest or lowest response in our tests, and has no obvious weaknesses except a drop-off in the 10 kHz+ range, which is a little surprising when you consider that these speakers are equipped with dedicated tweeters."

Z-623 : "Logitech’s Z-2300 has been the product to beat for years, and the new Z623 has taken its place as Logitech’s premier 2.1-channel offering with THX certification. Without a Z-2300 on hand, I can’t compare these systems to each other, but compared to the rest of the current playing field, the Logitech Z623 certainly holds its own. It boasts a flat frequency response with gobs of bass available for games and music at your command. There’s even a bit of brilliance on the high end."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems having separate midrange drivers & tweeters as in SP2500 & Promedia does not always gives you excellent top end in the frequency spectrum as a single aluminium phase plug full range driver of Z-623 does a much better job.

The audio frequency graph of the five speaker sets:

Note that SP2500 with a separate midrange driver & tweeter takes a dip at 500Hz and also creates a valley between 2-5kHz range where cows can graze. Z-623 with a single full range driver have much better frequency response that SP2500 between 200Hz to 20kHz hands down.

Also after looking at the above graph I cannot find a single place where the Promedia's with separate midrange & tweeters had an advantage over Z-623 in high frequencies. Can anybody help me here?

After looking at the graph it gives me some relief as the Z-623 & its predecessor Z-2300 is not that bad after all. And also that THX have some dent on the sound quality of the product it adorns. I can live with the Z-623 having 32W less power at the top & also without the options in the control pod of SP2500.

Comments & discussions on this subject will be highly appreciated.

Regards, RishiGuru

I'm probably jumping to conclusions here, but after looking at this thread and the other "last of the titans" thread, looks like you're promoting logitech product :D lets see what topic your third thread will be about.

vishalrao said:
I'm probably jumping to conclusions here, but after looking at this thread and the other "last of the titans" thread, looks like you're promoting logitech product :D lets see what topic your third thread will be about.

That is not the point. The point is which one is the best from the above five & why. And I want an unbiased answer.

I am amazed to find that you jumped into conclusion with out even bothering what the topic is?

Anyway, i am waiting for your reply

RishiGuru said:
That is not the point. The point is which one is the best from the above five & why. And I want an unbiased answer.

I am amazed to find that you jumped into conclusion with out even bothering what the topic is?

can you please give their local price and availability here.

RishiGuru said:

Actually, that is the point. Apparent bias/agenda for Logitech product. Don't be amazed, it's okay.

pr0ing said:
can you please give their local price and availability here.

Think any one as your Christmas gift. Pick yours and tell me. Please add the reason for choosing

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

vishalrao said:
Actually, that is the point. Apparent bias/agenda for Logitech product. Don't be amazed, it's okay.
No comments

^ how can some one give their opinion of a speaker which he has not heard !

if its the signature preference you are asking then open a thread with that name,

Out of the 5 am not sure weather all are available in india or not !

i cant understand the point of this thread. :(

RishiGuru said:
Think any one as your Christmas gift. Pick yours and tell me. Please add the reason for choosing

Stop wasting our time if you cannot even comprehend a simple request. I don't mind if you don't have the info, just stop posting nonsense and bumping the thread.

strategy said:
i cant understand the point of this thread. :(

Making up huge threads with some technical info and pics to get others interested to post and bump it again. He has posted this and his other thread on many forums. Whatever his motive is, I am yet to understand it.

@OP
If you have something useful to share then please do.

Rishi'Troll'Guru
You do realize that there are a lot of other options than the five you have listed here?
Not many of the options you have listed are available in India as of now, eitherways a Graph is not a correct way to judje a speakers, unless you have heard them personally you cant even imagine how they would sound just based on the Graphs.
Incase this was my Christmas Gift i would have got a Pair of KRK Rockits RP6GE2 for $300, they easily beat out any of the options listed by you. I recommend them to out across a point that please mention the budget/price point.
also this has been discussed to death in [H]ard, as pointed out there AE2 and AV-40 ,Mk200II have been missed out of the comparision too

apextwin146 said:
Rishi'Troll'Guru
You do realize that there are a lot of other options than the five you have listed here?
Not many of the options you have listed are available in India as of now, eitherways a Graph is not a correct way to judje a speakers, unless you have heard them personally you cant even imagine how they would sound just based on the Graphs.
Incase this was my Christmas Gift i would have got a Pair of KRK Rockits RP6GE2 for $300, they easily beat out any of the options listed by you. I recommend them to out across a point that please mention the budget/price point.
also this has been discussed to death in [H]ard, as pointed out there AE2 and AV-40 ,Mk200II have been missed out of the comparision too
Comparing KRK's to these speakers is like comparing Gold to Silver or may be bronze:bleh:

why not compare the edifier c3 as well , i have heard a lot of positive review abt this particular speaker set prices of these were around 4-4.5k last year , now suddenly they retail at 7k plus

@ op: also please tell if the above mentioned by u are locally available here i mean in INDIA , dont know from which place u are from and their price in INR :)

apextwin146 said:
Rishi'Troll'Guru

Thanks for following my thread on [H]ard. I never knew I was so famous.

Also, this is a thread related to 2.1 speaker comparison. Do not bring bookshelf's in this comparison. Start a new thread instead.

Lastly, why do you think KRK Rockits RP6GE2 sound better than the above 2.1's? Give a justifiable answer.

RishiGuru said:
Thanks for following my thread on [H]ard. I never knew I was so famous.

Also, this is a thread related to 2.1 speaker comparison. Do not bring bookshelf's in this comparison. Start a new thread instead.

Lastly, why do you think KRK Rockits RP6GE2 sound better than the above 2.1's? Give a justifiable answer.
Well KRK's are not bookshelves, they are studio monitors and known for near-field listening and FLAT frequency response. While KRK's are not only meant for near-field listening, it is far-field listening monitors too as tested in some review on the internet and If u did know much about studio monitors so u would not asked "Lastly, why do you think KRK Rockits RP6GE2 sound better than the above 2.1's? Give a justifiable answer." :)

No hard feelings for u Rishiguru :)

cheers........

Edifier sets are very rarely available in our country & are quite costly. There in just one outlet in our city. I do not know about any outlet in Punjab.

If you are to compare an edifier with the Z-623 or the SP2500, I will better pitch the S530 2.1 set from their signature series. Price i believe is INR 10k plus.

abhi_jollyguy said:
"Lastly, why do you think KRK Rockits RP6GE2 sound better than the above 2.1's? Give a justifiable answer." :)

cheers........

Sorry, I am a noob. Kindly describe.

abhi_jollyguy said:
Well KRK's are not bookshelves, they are studio monitors and known for near-field listening and FLAT frequency response. While KRK's are not only meant for near-field listening, it is far-field listening monitors too as tested in some review on the internet and If u did know much about studio monitors so u would not asked "Lastly, why do you think KRK Rockits RP6GE2 sound better than the above 2.1's? Give a justifiable answer." :)

cheers........
RishiGuru said:
Edifier sets are very rarely available in our country & are quite costly. There in just one outlet in our city. I do not know about any outlet in Punjab.

If you are to compare an edifier with the Z-623 or the SP2500, I will better pitch the S530 2.1 set from their signature series. Price i believe is INR 10k plus.
Thanks a lot Abhi_jollyguy :happy:
Rishi,As you can see people actually look beyond the crap turned out by Logitech. As i have already told you never judje a Speaker set by its frequency graph and Specs. Audition them, know their sound signature and then comment.
A comparision is moot unless there is some price bracket set for it. Within 10K atleast in India i would prefer AE2 over this Logitech Z series as i find them more musical, The M-Audio 40 are also monitors that you can get for 10K but they are very revealing and analytical.
Lastly your Thread title says "Five 2.1 Speaker Set Comparison " Nowhere does it say Multimedia,PC,Bookshelves etc. Apart from this most of the PC Speakers are generally used in a near field scenario, You sit on a chair/bed nearby you PC and listent to music /movies etc, so it fits perfectly in the Near Field Scenario.
Be specific with your query and you will get a good response otherwise you can fart all you want in a forum.

RishiGuru said:

Sorry, I am a noob. Kindly describe.
What kinda description u need in this??? :eek:

You haven't even heard all the speakers on which u have created thread, and u all saying by seeing it's frequency chart.

apextwin146 said:
Thanks a lot Abhi_jollyguy :happy:

Rishi,As you can see people actually look beyond the crap turned out by Logitech. As i have already told you never judje a Speaker set by its frequency graph and Specs. Audition them, know their sound signature and then comment.

A comparision is moot unless there is some price bracket set for it. Within 10K atleast in India i would prefer AE2 over this Logitech Z series as i find them more musical, The M-Audio 40 are also monitors that you can get for 10K but they are very revealing and analytical.

Lastly your Thread title says "Five 2.1 Speaker Set Comparison " Nowhere does it say Multimedia,PC,Bookshelves etc. Apart from this most of the PC Speakers are generally used in a near field scenario, You sit on a chair/bed nearby you PC and listent to music /movies etc, so it fits perfectly in the Near Field Scenario.

Be specific with your query and you will get a good response otherwise you can fart all you want in a forum.
The best speakers from logitech Z5500-D couldn't make me happy at all by it's sound signature so what this Z-623 and Z-2300 gonna do for me????? This is where I am surprised.

this hypothetical pitching is a bad habit i tell you

you can ask if anyone here has the set or not, that's how people hep each other in forums , sharing experiences , not leeching !! ( well , that to but here its 100% copied )

Back