Audio Five 2.1 Speaker Set Comparison

apextwin146 said:
As i have already told you never judje a Speaker set by its frequency graph and Specs. Audition them, know their sound signature and then comment.

I have personally auditioned the Z-623, Creative Gigaworks T3 & Z-623. I feel that Z-623 is the best of the lot. The audio frequency graphs further confirms it.

apextwin146 said:
A comparision is moot unless there is some price bracket set for it. Within 10K atleast in India i would prefer AE2 over this Logitech Z series as i find them more musical.

Since it is a PC speaker comparison, one has to think the performance of the set in respect to music, movies & games. While I admit that AE2 are great for music, it is sub par is movies & games in respect to Z-623 or SP2500.

apextwin146 said:
Lastly your Thread title says "Five 2.1 Speaker Set Comparison " Nowhere does it say Multimedia,PC,Bookshelves etc. Apart from this most of the PC Speakers are generally used in a near field scenario, You sit on a chair/bed nearby you PC and listent to music /movies etc, so it fits perfectly in the Near Field Scenario. Be specific with your query and you will get a good response otherwise you can fart all you want in a forum.

I never new bookshelves were 2.1 systems.

abhi_jollyguy said:
The best speakers from logitech Z5500-D couldn't make me happy at all by it's sound signature so what this Z-623 and Z-2300 gonna do for me????? This is where I am surprised.

Really in that case i think you should just skip active speakers. ( dont get me wrong, i mean to say there is more freedom to choose your desired signature when you make a complete setup)

If you get a good tripath IC based amp + a bookshelf , it wont cost you much , and you can get your desired signature also.

If you go semi-DIY with the amp , you can save even more

strategy said:
Really in that case i think you should just skip active speakers. ( dont get me wrong, i mean to say there is more freedom to choose your desired signature when you make a complete setup)

If you get a good tripath IC based amp + a bookshelf , it wont cost you much , and you can get your desired signature also.

If you go semi-DIY with the amp , you can save even more
Yes I know what is why u can see my audio-video setup in my SIG. I have even heard Philips, SONY's HTIB but not at all impressed.:no:

RishiGuru said:
I have personally auditioned the Z-623, Creative Gigaworks T3 & Z-623. I feel that Z-623 is the best of the lot. The audio frequency graphs further confirms it.

Since it is a PC speaker comparison, one has to think the performance of the set in respect to music, movies & games. While I admit that AE2 are great for music, it is sub par is movies & games in respect to Z-623 or SP2500.
If you have already Auditioned the Speakers then why ask others for their inputs? You are the best judje in this case as you are the only one who knows the sound signature preference of the op , if z-623 fits the bill perfectly for you then thats awesome as we have found a solution to your problem.
So what is it really that you want to dicuss?
Yes the 'new' bookshevles can be converted from their 2.0 Configuration to 2.1 by adding a sub-woofer incase you wrnt aware of it. So again they become a subset of the comparision you seek.

RishiGuru said:

For ur kinda info. it can become 2.2 also:bleh: u just need to put 2 sub's input to the AMP:eek:hyeah:

apextwin146 said:
If you have already Auditioned the Speakers then why ask others for their inputs? You are the best judje in this case as you are the only one who knows the sound signature preference of the op , if z-623 fits the bill perfectly for you then thats awesome as we have found a solution to your problem.

So what is it really that you want to dicuss?

THE MOTIVE OF THIS THREAD

When I started this thread, I thought the scientific way of measuring & comparing two or more speaker set is very important. I also thought that views from other experienced members of the forum are to be trusted.

But the more the thread grew big, I found almost every one is telling me to trust my own ears and give a damn to what every one else thinks about it.

So right now I am in a juncture as what to believe & what not to.

apextwin146 said:
Yes the 'new' bookshevles can be converted from their 2.0 Configuration to 2.1 by adding a sub-woofer incase you wrnt aware of it. So again they become a subset of the comparision you seek.

Next time include the bookshelves in 2.1, 5.1, 7.1,............................100.1 comparisons. Modular approach.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

abhi_jollyguy said:
For ur kinda info. it can become 2.2 also:bleh: u just need to put 2 sub's input to the AMP:eek:hyeah:

Thanks for the suggestion.

strategy said:
Thats a pretty good price for it ! :D

under warranty or imported ?
i believe it should be under warranty .

also Z2300 is obsolete now ,but it's still listed in Logitech website..

Back