Flipkart.com Deleting Reviews which talk about their Bad Customer Service

cignext

Disciple
Since a last few weeks I've had tiny bad experiences with Flipkart but I thought it's ok considering that they are growing rapidly and issues are supposed to crop up here and there. But this one is beyond any excuse.

My friend had a bad experience with Customer Service buying a TV and he posted a review on the website. Now they went ahead and deleted the whole review! Note that the review had no bad words or expletives.

We are royally pissed off. I'll think a 100 times before buying something big from flipkart.

Flipkart.com Deleting Reviews which talk about their Bad Customer Service | woikr

i) If they dont provide service in your area, dont order from them or inform them in advance: they usually take care to provide specific updates in that case

ii)I would say its a positive that you can choose whichever disk you want instead of Shrek

iii)Try writing them a mail instead of call (get it documented as much as possible)

iv)Was the review ONLY about flipkart, or was it mostly a product review with service details as well. If it was the former, I think Flipkart is right here.

i) The TV was ordered to a Delhi address. Well inside their service area.

ii) When my friend submitted the choice another CC guy called and said you can't choose stuff. You will get what has been mentioned.

iii) I agree with that. But from my personal experience most people refuse to read emails properly and just don't get what the person is trying to convey.

iv) The review had a detailed paragraph saying the TV is amazing. Then couple of paragraphs about Flipkart service (nothing that was too bad or had curse words). In the end it said the product deserves 5 stars but Flipkart service deserves 0 stars, They need to bring up their game if they want to be Amazon of India.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Oh also, the review clearly said that the TV was shipped in the stipulated time. It's just that they made false promises initially. And screwed up the freebie thing royally.

Metalspree said:
Thats the difference between Amazon and wannabe amazon :|.

Got to agree to that. But deleting reviews isn't certainly ethical. There are folks who bad mouth the site on no previous basis and such reviews need to be addressed separately.

I have noticed Letsbuy does the same too.

With Letsbuy its a different story all together ,they provide either a very good service or worst service human kind has come across.

Coming to Flipkart they are not taking reviews constructively,this problem exists with all Indian startups.

flipkart.com is one of the best site i ordered from ! had no problem what so ever.. got my order delivered in 2 DAYS !! :) that too in awesome condition properly packed.. and at each step they CALLED me and kept me informed about my order ! on the Other Hand letbuy.com ! :mad::mad::mad:::mad:::mad::mad:: worst Customer Service till date. no replies to mails, no one answers their 24*7 CC call. and the mess up my order and send me the wrong order and package damaged poor packing they just rolled my order in some bubble wrap and sent it ! :mad:, i dunno how come u had a bad experience from Flipkart.com me and my friends never faced any..

I had to order a phone for a friend from letsbuy but backed off as their service is hit or a miss. Do not mind paying couple of hundereds extra and order from flipkart.

I was hoping for a bigger problem with flipkart. I have had a good response from CC so far. This is the second such incident I am coming across in the past 6 months.

Point 1: was a personal issue. There was no way flipkart knew you were going to drive to your relatives place. Plus 6pm is the standard time. Once I called them up and they promised to deliver the very next day but I found the courier guy at the doorstep at 8pm same day. If I have interpreted properly> Flipkart delayed the shipment by one day but delivered within the defined shipping time.

Point 2: Usual stock issues. Wrong on their part to not inform you but atleast the TV was in stock ;) Sorry for being indifferent but for someone whose Razer Imperator was delayed by 10 days by letsbuy and Arctosa was delapyed by 58 days :O a set of BDs look like coasters to me

Point 3: This is surpisingly bad on their part. I think their CC is soon turning out to be incapable of handling the expansion the company is seeing. Also "he got a call from flipkart.com asking him to specify his choice of Bu Ray discs to deliver" would seem like a bonus to many, if not all :)

Point 4: That is regular practice. The fact that they informed you shows that they never falter in politeness :) although the CC seems to be an entirely different story.

BTW as a summary, the pathetic support provided for the BD disks is the highlight of this post. I am thinking of adding it to my thread. Check PM.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

As mentioned in my first point, people buy both the product and the convenience from online retailers. And if someone has anything to say about either of them, product reviews section is the place to do so. But flipkart.com fails to understand this. If they feel that product reviews is not the correct section for this, they should build a separate section for flipkart.com’s service feedback. Something similar to a seller’s rating on ebay. And if they are really transparent & offer prompt and efficient customer service, they shouldn’t have any problem in doing so.

No online website lets you criticise them. Even ebay. Ebay only lets you blame the sellers, not the ebay website itself. But you can check the ebay forums, many sellers have complaints there, but I have clearly seen many complaints being moderated. Letsbuy didn't let me criticise them either. So I just have a thread made for awareness just like you. They even failed to acknowledge the hardware defect.

Most websites suffer from communication from Inventory and website.

If they have 10 items on stock , The 11 guy usually suffers .

Sarath_ said:
No online website lets you criticise them.
Amazon does. You can see loads of reviews on specific product pages bad mouthing Amazon. And it's sporty of them not deleting those reviews.
Personally, I've never experienced better CC than Amazon.
FK's CC *used* to be good. Just today I had 2 orders coming from them and since I had to be out of home after a certain time, I called them up @ 8:30 am, requesting them to get the orders delivered before 12:30 pm, to which the CC acknowledged. 12:30 came and went, last I called them up again @ 1:30, asking for an explanation. The CC simply replied that their warehouse only opened at 11 am and hence the delay in shipping. So did a quick check while on call and surprisingly, my order was already out for delivery @ 10:30 am. I told him the same and he said it's an error and they can't do anything about it. I'll have to wait for another 3-4 hours for the delivery.
They are getting lazier by the day. Even emails take more than 48 hours to be answered. I never had to wait more than an hour for any of my queries to be answered by Amazon (normally they just get back in 20 mins).
Metalspree said:
With Letsbuy its a different story all together ,they provide either a very good service or worst service human kind has come across.

Coming to Flipkart they are not taking reviews constructively,this problem exists with all Indian startups.
Exactly. All the praise & success has filled their head.

Amazon? Shouldn't we wait for them to start their Indian operations?

In my endless search online I have come accross every website falling under two categories:

You need to have a lot of good luck to have a good experience; with websites falling under this category. Lynx etc ;)

You need to have a lot of bad luck to have a bad experience; with websites under this one flipkart, pristinenote etc :O

Sarath_ said:
You need to have a lot of bad luck to have a bad experience; with websites under this one flipkart, pristinenote etc :O

Apparently, I'm having quite an amount of bad luck with FK now-a-days.

Eagerly waiting for Amazon to open up operations here (and hoping they follow it up with their awesome CC).

I had ordered farcry 2 on 24th of this month.i talked to CC they told me that my courier is send by indian postal service.i am still waiting to get it delivered

Well, we can still check out reviews of the products we buy from other various reliable sites. So deleting reviews doesn't make a difference other than wasting the reviewers time.

I also had a bad experience with FK...Made my first and last purchase of 8 books with a billing amount of Rs 578 which I paid using my Debit Card and guess what...my account was thrice and my account on FK was only reflecting that one order was placed..I came to know about this thing when I received two similar books two days later bearing two different order number.
Then I again checked my FK account and it was showing three orders placed for the same set of books with different order numbers!!!!
I was totally amazed at this and instantly mailed them to stop any further shipping of the books and refund my money back to my account.
After 3-4 hrs they replied to my mail and cancelled one of the three orders that had been placed (the one for which none of the book was shipped) and it was informed that the money has been refunded back to my account (which I have not received till date).
Next day, I was not there at home and in my absence the FK delivery boy left books at the security gate of my apartment without taking my signature!!!!
After mailing so many times, still I received 5 of 8 similar books of 2 different order number.

My first experince with FK is not going on smooth pre ordered the Steve Jobs biography . I am yet to recieve the book, they are taking their own sweet time in shipping it. Customer service says we do not have book in stock then WTF do they mean by pre-order :mad: :mad:.

All Indian start ups are good until they see sucess but after they become like our babus who are fit for nothing. I am 100% sure FK will slowly turn into another Lynx-India.

I really love amazon read here as to why Amazing Customer Support from Amazon

Back