Flipkart...Could be Indian Amazon ?

I brought "Deodorants" from FK. The reason being, most of the stores checked with in Bangalore had manufactured date about 3-4Months back. I thought FK would atleast ship the ones with latest manufacturing dates. Well, nope! The one i got was atleast 8months old, manufactured way back in 2012!!! No FK for me!

Did you guys noticed that there are "seller" on flipkart and they also charge shipping? Its becoming like ebay.

I had read somewhere that FK is going the ebay way by allowing external sellers to use FK as a platform to sell their stuff.
It does. There are a number of sellers. Just like tradus.
I guess its because flipkart is not doing too well.

It does. There are a number of sellers. Just like tradus.
I guess its because flipkart is not doing too well.
Fk has lot of private equity and to stay in fdi norms they had this wsretail adventure.
They have been raided for same although they deny.

And those seller's are charging extra just like flipkart. Wonder what percentage fk charges.
even before these sellers came onboard i used to tell flipkart to change the "free shipping" to "shipping included" because of the high rates of products.

In my company many people order things from flipkart. Because of the minimum 500 for free shipping, many people have started to combine purchases to bring price more than 500 and get it shipped free. Helps everyone.
More so because most people order books from FK than anything else.

One of the biggest non sensical and fiendish thing FK keeps doing is, that they write "Permanently Discontinued" for the articles they stop importing/procuring.

Any prospective customer might take their word for real and will be grossly misled. Utter bs by FK.

I am not sure what is so non sensical there. Most e-commerce sites do that if they no longer find takers for some product and becomes a non-moving or dead inventory gathering dust. It is always a good idea to do away with it. When they mean permanently discontinued, it doesn't necessarily mean the OEM has stopped manufacturing or fabricating it, Flipkart has stopped selling it on their portal.

@Spacescreamer

Yes you are absolutely right about this. FK has become so much popular that if someone is selling say a phone on TE market or somewhere else, FK price is mentioned as benchmark. Similarly people tend to read FK reviews (although many a fakes) to get opinion.
Putting a discontinued is like misleading people.

Last edited by a moderator:
When they mean permanently discontinued, it doesn't necessarily mean the OEM has stopped manufacturing or fabricating it, Flipkart has stopped selling it on their portal.

Who ll clarify the ambiguity here..? (infact its not even an ambiguity here. Its a plain white lie)
I read a game being permanently discontinued.. as plain english would have it.. I wont relate it to something like "Cuz FK has been struggling to find buyers for it, it is hereby dropped from their inventory".

FK has gained a status since some time now, and anything they mention on their site.. they should choose the words in clear and honest manner.

I still remember calling up FK and asking about how come their books are being sold for about 200 to 300 dearer than the other e commerce site. The reply to which was magnificent: "Sir, we sell only the genuine and first hand products on our site"
This reply is def inline with "This Product is Permanently discontinued" msg.. Try to convince the prospective buyer that he/she is on the ultimate site for purchasing stuff online. By hook or by crook, get them to make the purchase.

Reminds me of failtel's ways of retaining customers.

One of the biggest non sensical and fiendish thing FK keeps doing is, that they write "Permanently Discontinued" for the articles they stop importing/procuring.

Any prospective customer might take their word for real and will be grossly misled. Utter bs by FK.
Also happened the other way round. They used to list discontinued products as In Stock. :|
I think my worst experience with flipkart was when I wanted to buy a branded bag. It was listed as In Stock but took over 2 months to deliver, they cited unavailability of the item. And the product was not delivered to my home. Their delivery guy couldn't find our place in-spite of giving him the route details. I had to go out and meet him somewhere.
The guy started calling since morning and i got it at around 8pm. He also missed the delivery date by a day. I had to stay at home for two whole days just to receive it.
I think he's the only courier guy who couldn't find our place.

I got an Asus router yesterday from FK. When I opened the box (final packaging of Asus), inside was a bill...by SMC. LOL.

Back