Flipkart good?

de.das.dude

Disciple
i bought a transcend 8GB class 10 micro SD card along with Philips headphones on the same order.
They shipped it on 23/9/11 on different orders (? why ?). i got the philip headphones the today,24/9/11. but the 8GB card is nowhere. even the tracking number they provided is un-identified by blue dart.

should i be worried? and why cant they ship it in the same shipment?? they have to pay for shipping twice if they send it separately isnt it?
thanks for your HELP!

There is a dedicated thread for flipkart please move your discussion there.

@Mods please merge this thread with the one in hot deals

They are good. Be assured you will get your product.

Since they are pre-paid shippers, so it doesn't affect the no. of shipments they send.

Flipkart may have just become the first Indian billion dollar Internet company

While much is said about India being a service oriented, rather than product oriented country, several e-commerce startups have emerged over the last couple of years to prove that India can also nurture Internet companies which can compete with companies in the Silicon Valley. One such startup is Flipkart.com.

Hailed as India’s Amazon.com, Flipkart is close to raising $150 million in a PE round of funding from General Atlantic Partners in one of the biggest ever deals for an Indian Internet firm, making it the first Indian Internet company to sport a billion dollar valuation, as revealed by VCCircle.

Founded in October 2007, Flipkart was a humble online book retailer which went on to become the largest online bookstore in India within two years, surpassing its rivals such as Infibeam, Landmark and Indiaplaza.

In 2010, it diversified into becoming a generic e-commerce website, selling mobile phones, laptops, music CDs/DVDs, movies, games and software, and acquired a California-based company social book discovery service weRead.

It underwent a major brand makeover earlier this year with a new interface and logo, and kickstarted its offline advertising campaign in addition to its aggressive online campaigns by putting out ads in the leading newspapers and on television channels to become one of the hottest Internet companies in India, signifying the huge growth the company was experiencing.

Recently, it further expanded its product portfolio to encompass home appliances and personal & health care products as well.

The company was initially self-funded, with co-founders Sachin and Binny Bansal spending Rs 400,000 ($9056) to setup the business. They later raised two rounds of funding from Accel Partners and Tiger Global Management to the tune of $31 million, with the first round being around $10 million and the second round being $20 million.

As of June 2011, Flipkart had 1,500 employees on board and setup 5 warehouses in Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Kolkata, as noted by VCCircle . Also it had experienced 2 million unit sales and 4 million unique vistors per month with sales growing at 25% per month, eyeing a $50 million run rate as reported by TechCrunch.

Now that Amazon is reportedly entering India in early 2012, this news becomes even more significant, considering that Amazon has previously, and unsuccessfully, tried acquiring the company, with Flipkart demanding a very high buyout price.

With the online retail industry in India pegged to reach $1.5 billion mark by 2015, sources suggests that e-commerce is just hotting up in India and we may soon seen many more Internet companies achieving similar success.

Source

In short, Flipkart is the best online site to purchase.

i wasnt worried about flipkart much :p i was worried about bluedart. it finally identifies the tracking number today, says its in transit.
but it delivered my headphones in ONE day. thats freaking awesome.

de.das.dude said:
i wasnt worried about flipkart much :p i was worried about bluedart. it finally identifies the tracking number today, says its in transit.

but it delivered my headphones in ONE day. thats freaking awesome.

See this, when flipkart sends you any shipment Via Bluedart, the bluedart site won't recognise your shipment no the same day. It will start recognising it the next day :) I have bought some items from flipkart so know about it.

PS- Not to worry about Bluedart's service, they are very good in this business. They will deliver your shipment the very day or max by next day. :)

JuGGa said:
PS- Not to worry about Bluedart's service, they are very good in this business. They will deliver your shipment the very day or max by next day. :)

Not true always, they took 7+ days for delivering couple of my orders.. it wasn't a remote area or any unreachable place, it was in delhi. The courier guy was asking to sign on a previous delivery date.... which ofcourse I didn't.. :)

j_jindal1 said:
Not true always, they took 7+ days for delivering couple of my orders.. it wasn't a remote area or any unreachable place, it was in delhi. The courier guy was asking to sign on a previous delivery date.... which ofcourse I didn't.. :)

I'm sorry for you bro, but that's an exception case. I haven't seen such a case till now. Max they take is 3 days after they get the shipment from flipkart. I got my order on 4th day even i was in Bhopal :) I hope you don't encounter such problems next time :)

Flipkart delivery rocks. But i've found infibeam generally better on prices (i am talking only about books here). So if you can afford to wait, its generally cheaper to order off infibeam.

Tech33 said:
Will Flipkart have any promotional offers near Diwali ??? I need to buy a laptop !!

If you really want best offers with lappies, then look no where other than "local dealers". Sometimes they can offer you truly bang for buck, and that too with free goodies (although they are the cheapest ones :p ). I'll give you an example, few days back i went to a local shop to query about a vaio lappy. Firstly shopkeeper said stocks not availale, then on asking price he said whatever price you're getting it, either online or officially by sony, we'll offer that in 3K less!! :hap2: And that too without any bargaining! Rest you can wonder!

Back