Floola with iPod 80 GB?

yes u can use floola, but i faced issues with it as it used to sometimes not transfer movies correctly to the iPod and shows incorrect reading of free space! Floola concept is good [lite version as compared to ITunes] but buggy and crashes a lot :no:

You can try Xilisoft Ipod Rip Mate, which IMO is a better software and also use Xilisoft Video Converter to convert movies to ipod format. Let me knw, ill upload the whole package if u want.

Regards,
Purva

^^the best way to get vids is to download them from google video :)
they have an option for downloading mp4 format suited to ipods

i use anapod for all syncing...latest version is 9.05 i think

Rockbox is another option, just copy paste the music/vids in the ipod using disk mode, no syncing required

thanks guys :)

My only issue with iTunes is that it erases songs in my iPod (currently a shuffle 512) every time i remove a song from my laptop. Was reading abt enabling manual syncing or something so that songs are not automatically erased. if i can do that then i'd not need floola or any other.

The newer version of floola works almost flawlessly with classic 80GB and doesnt hangs or crashes as it used to earlier. ALso when i got the i-pod and started using Floola, it was the only one which used to work with classic, no anapod or winamp plugin. Though, dont know the current scenario.

ashu_dps said:
The newer version of floola works almost flawlessly with classic 80GB and doesnt hangs or crashes as it used to earlier. ALso when i got the i-pod and started using Floola, it was the only one which used to work with classic, no anapod or winamp plugin. Though, dont know the current scenario.

sadly apple has removed the third party software compatibility for the classic 80GB and 160 GB. so winamp will not work, perhaps anapod will not either. :(

anapod mostly emulates itunes' dll files... hence anapod is most likely to work with any ipods.. as for the total wipeout issue after every sync.. its present in all the apple ipods, phones etc.. i would rate xilisoft ipod rip mate 10/10 for its features are so damn good as compared to other 3rd party apps.. :)

The latest floola version has photo support!

Also, I use it with my nano 3G and the earlier versions used to be crash prone. However the newer versions are quiet stable.

Back