Focused

smnrock said:
So when you are going to write up on comparison review between android/wp7/meego/ios? And btw how is the focus's battery life compared your android devices(I remember you had desire hd too :))?

Sometime next week provided I am not travelling somewhere. ( I might be going outstation for few days, in that case mostly next weekend ).

Battery life is decent. You can get 1 day of heavy use without problems. 2 days of moderate use is doable. Overall better than android counterpart which is to be expected as WP7 does not do heavy multitasking similar to android. Hate the media syncing and video incompatibility at the moment (have to convert most videos ). But some other things like history, contact management , ease of use are very big +ve points. First non nokia smartphone that I am going to give to my father as its easier to learn and understand the WP7 interface and settings. So the second focus that I won in another auction will be passed to dad who is fed up of his E72 now. Perfect alternative for non techie smartphone users (Alternative to iOS )

Thanks!! Another query, the seller has mentioned that he'll send a paper via postal mail..does he actually do that or sends the unlock code via email too?

@Shripad

Did you order screen protector with the phone or bought locally?

I have ordered it through eBay.com directly...hopefully it won't get stuck at the customs :S

How are you guys making the payment? I tried out but it says that the buyer does not accept payment from non-US paypal accounts.

Renegade said:
How are you guys making the payment? I tried out but it says that the buyer does not accept payment from non-US paypal accounts.

There are some sellers who only ship to confirmed US address, dont order from them, but plenty of people out there who ship to US/canada only and do not mention that they will ship only to confirmed addresses.

Bid / buy from such auctions, use your S&S/NYbox/ICCworld address as your primary shipping address and make payment from ebay itself, payment will go through from your paypal account with seller receiving your US address as shipping address (though it will be unconfimed address, but most sellers wont bother with it as long as your paypal account is verified. Indian paypal accounts are verified by adding your credit card on file with paypal ).

And thats it. Both you and him are completely covered by paypal.

RVK2488 said:
@Shripad

Did you order screen protector with the phone or bought locally?

I have ordered it through eBay.com directly...hopefully it won't get stuck at the customs :S
Ebay.com only. I actually ordered it a week before I ordered the phone so I received it roughly same time as the phone.

Small things like screen protector does not get stuck in customs, but do take couple of weeks to arrive using general post.

Hacker said:
I dont get it, why do you need to pay someone for the unlock codes, cant you get the codes on the net or am I missing something here??

You have to pay for network unlock code. There is no such thing as free unlock code for most mid-budget to high end phones anymore. Those days are long gone. Occasionally there comes a phone where unlock code is stored on the phone itself and you can retrieve it like some samsung phones released last year, but for most phones, you must buy unlock codes to unlock them to work on any gsm carrier.

How is the battery life on this? .. i want to get this for my Dad! Is the UI easy to use or a bit complex like Android?

Battery life is good. I dont use this phone heavily. Only to make / receive calls and smses. And check mails. No music / browsing on this phone.

I charge it after 3 days or so. Basically you can get away with 2 or maximum 3 charges per week.

If you keep wifi on 24x7, battery needs to be charged every alternate day.

The above is possible because the phone is not multi tasking capable. I think that would change with Mango update.

I find the music capabilities of the phone to be very good. The GUI is pretty easy to use but like any new interface it will take a few hours to get used to.

Back