For how long you are using internet?

@ Mohit: Please add a Poll to the thread.... that would make it much more useful.... :)

I've been using the Internet since May 2000..... And I still remember that the 56k connection made me so happy when I got it :p :p..... It was a Satyam Dialup.

we had glide accounts back then

for RS 1500 for 500 hours usage + telephone bills

feeling of nostalgia ruling me now! :p

edit: how to add poll and wat kind of poll actually?

Using it since VSNL started. It was the only choice back then if I am not mistaken! then moved on to Roltanet and then to MTNl Dial up, and finally to broadband.

Not sure which year I began, But i think I was in the 4th standard back then when I first starting using it. Distinctly remember signing up for a hotmail account soon thereafter!

From 1998. I was initially on Netlinx dial up connection, then moved on to VSNL, Tata dial ups, then Sify broadband after I started working in 2004 and Airtel in 2006. Been on Airtel since then.

Been using internet since 2001 , started with dial up and in 2003 i moved to that 115kbps connection offered by reliance net connect or whatever and moved to broadband in early 2005. Started with BSNL broadband and switched over to Airtel on july 2005, using tata junkdicom along with airtel since august 2007.

From 8th or 9th Std. I suppose...

Initially from a cybercafe.
Then got my very own PC, in the 10th, coupled with a dial-up connection from the likes of BSNL, Satyam etc...

There was no turning back after that. :p

Currently content with my 256Kbps Ultd. connection. ;)

vsnl dial up when i was in abt 8th iirc....had an iMac back then....
then 2 years of 11th and 12th only from cyber cafes....coz i was outta home...
then college time....mtnl 256 connections from the basic 400mb plan to NU to UL
and now usin 6mbps comcast which usually gives abt 10 - 15 mbps, and has gone as high as 28 mbps \m/

Was introduced to the concept of internet in 2000, when my brother got a job in Hyderabad, and he taught me how to chat online.

2000 to 2004 - Internet cafes; usually a Sify BB cafe

2004 to 2007 - BSNL BB Home 500 plan

2007 to 2009 April - College provided internet connection (Reliance/BSNL/Airtel)

2009 April till date - BSNL EVDO.

Guess only oltimers are posting here :) Ahh..those were the days...1998 on. Satyam, Mantra, Caltiger, FreeDialIn, MTNL post paid dialup using the caller-line ID, Sify, MTNL Night Unlimited Broadband and fainally MTNL broadband :)

And thx for reminding the tiger...Caltiger :). Does anyone remember one of the first post-paid dial up plans...can't recall its name.

http://actofgod.wordpress.com/2006/11/01/98-06-bbs-to-night-unlimited/

Sometimes I get to feelin'
I was back in the old days - long ago
Those were the days of our lives
The bad things in life were so few

Started out in a internet cafe back in 1997/98.

Got my first home connection in the year 2000 i guess.

Shifted to broadband on BSNL as soon as they launched.. still remember those days of introductory scheme with no transfer limits....

Then shifted to Airtel... got a MTNL connection when i shifted to bombay to work..

now am on a Comcast 7Mbit line.

This is what i usually get, minus the occasional spikes

Got net connect 56k(dial up) when I bought new computer. It was around 2004.
Wasn't using that net-connection much because of slow speed.

Got Broadband connection some2-3 years back n I am here.......

Back