Car & Bike Ford Classic Titanium - 32.38 Kmpl mileage!

comp@ddict

Skilled
This car could well turn out to be the car of the time. Ford India has recently introduced a new variant in the Classic series (old Fiesta). The range topper Titanium variant is available in both petrol and diesel options with an array of new features.Well, what we are mainly talking is about the Ford Classic Titanium diesel model's record breaking fuel economy. The 1.4 litre diesel engine boasts whopping 32.38 Kmpl on the cheaper fuel. The fuel economy figure has been certified by Automotive Research Association Of India (ARAI).

nex8jm.jpg

The American carmaker has been focusing on highly fuel efficient yet powerful engines in the recent times. Ford's global 1 litre ecoboost engine is a great example of the carmaker's proficiency in this.
Back to the Ford Classic Titanium, the petrol variant gets power from a 1.6 litre Duratec petrol motor that produces 101 PS of power and 146 Nm of torque. The petrol model also returns best in class fuel economy figure of figure of 21.27 kmpl.
Meanwhile, the highly frugal diesel engine generates 68 PS of power and 160 Nm of torque. While the Ford Classic Titanium variant comes with a price tag of Rs 6.9 lakhs, the front runner diesel variant costs Rs 7.9 lakhs (all prices ex-showroom, Delhi).
New features on the Ford Classic Titanium include stereo system equipped with bluetooth, speed sensing volume controls, drive-away locks, beige interior trim, new alloy wheel design, body-coloured ORVMs and black front grille. The Ford Classic Titanium is offered in 6 colors - Paprika Red, Panther Black, Diamond White, Chill Metallic, Moon Dust Silver and Sea Grey and with a 2 year / 100,000 km warranty.

Source

Even I noticed the 32.38 figure in today's TOI and for a moment thought I did not read it properly and took the paper close to verify again :)
32kmpl is impressive and ford is good at build quality also...
There is a full page advt on TOI Pune edition main page today.

32 kmpl....wow (my FZ16 gives a li'l more than that. :p)
Btw, hows the built and all? I hardly see any Classic on the road.

This surely is a misleading figure provided by Ford. This is the same engine running in old Fiesta and Figo which gives lesser mileage than the multijets.

Ask classic owners and they will surely give you the exact mileage figures.

The advt in Today TOI says that 32.38kmpl -- "As tested by AutoCar Cross Country Drive"
My cousin had a Bajaj wing which gave 85kmpl mileage whereas the company claimed about 70. Later Bajaj discontinued that model due to some engine problems. That does not mean that bike gives 85kmpl for every bike under std conditions and Bajaj can use that figure to sell the bike.
The misleading ads must be stopped and the ad makers should get a good spanking.
Recently UK banned the Kelloggs K advt which claimed to lose weight.
UK bans Kellogg's ad over calorie claims
Biggest comedy is the ads for fairness creams... If you get that fair in just 7days god knows what will happen if you use it for a month... We wont require the Sun in that case :D

Even I saw it TOI front page. I literally read it three times. Of course they are BS'ing. It runs on what, water.

^ eventually indian consumer court will catch up but ntil then i am damn sure a lot of innocent souls are going to get cajoled.

Anyways all these figures are totally BS.
For 2 wheelers the standard test conditions is "Drive at speed of 40km/h with a single rider of weight 60kg. with tyre pressure(this differs from bike to bike) on a plain road."
This kind of things can be said to be more imaginary than practical.
But today Ford really took the cake.... or should I say they have taken the public for a ride :) :D

Mileage - 32.38 kmpl*

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

*Under test conditions.

Classic way of advertising the mileage for automobiles. :p

My fiesta classic 5k has run gives 20 full AC in city and 22 full AC highway . Only one service done , will improve on second service but no way 32kpl which the brochure advertises

Back