Car & Bike Formula 1 2016 Discussion thread

Watch this video for Alonso's statement after the crash.
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom...1-australia-alonso-crash-gutierrez-video.html

I wish Vettel had won. But no issues. 3rd not too bad. Just thinking if they had changed his tyres during the red flag?
Good that Alonso walked out with no harm from that horrendous crash.
Looking forward to the next race. Need to wait for a couple of races before concluding if even this year will be a Mercedes dominated ...
Was nice to see Webber on the podium doing the interview. He still looks the fittest on the grid.
Vettel even there did not spare a chance to pull his leg. :)

They've un-rejected the rollback for Bahrain :D

Also nico apparently had a brake issue that almost cost him the race, but he managed to drive around it.

Today was a weird qualy, but good weird. They've gone back to the old system, and it was good. The chinese mashalling was sketchy af. Rosberg on Pole Riccardio P2 :O and lewis is P22. Should make for an interesting race tomorrow

Today was a weird qualy, but good weird. They've gone back to the old system, and it was good. The chinese mashalling was sketchy af. Rosberg on Pole Riccardio P2 :O and lewis is P22. Should make for an interesting race tomorrow
Master stroke from Mercedes putting Nico on the softs in Q2. That was pretty awesome and will be a huge advantage in the race tomorrow.

I was expecting Kimi to improve on his second run but not to be. He was driving really well after a long time today.

So Redbull swapped Verstappen and Kvyat. Should make for an interesting Spanish GP. Also Nico is looking really good this year. Unless he loses focus completely or has a string of mechanical failures, I think he is looking good for the WDC.

Sorry for disappearing for a while. Some of the races this season have been good due to mistakes and mishaps.

Red Bull genuinely seem to have pace and Helmut Marko has removed the one flaw they had in the team - Kvyat. Seriously the guy did nothing remarkable and was just an average joe who got the push due to Vettel leaving the team and promoting Vergne would have been a better idea as Vergne was driving really well at the time.

Ferrari has had stability issues, bad luck and now a Red Bull between them and Mercedes. They won't beat Mercedes but can they reclaim the second best throne?

Let's see how the season unfolds.

Looking forward to see how Verstappen drives in today's race, especially compared to the talented Ricciardo - always happy to see new young talent making the established ones sweat a little with nervousness.

Let's all send a huge Thank You to Lewis Hamilton for giving us a Mercedes free race.

Great result by Max Verstappen and totally justifies the shuffle. To win a race or to finish the race in a great position one has to do well to put himself/herself in a good position so that should an opportunity strike the person can capitalize on it and Max did exactly that and Kvyat could barely do it.

I place the blame entirely on Lewis for the crash as he drove onto the grass and then took himself and his team mate out.

So, not only did Lewis botch in this race but the strategists for both Daniel and Sebastien putting them on back foot. May be they expected the tyres to wear out but it didn't so a mistake but not a huge one as without Vettel's undercut the result would go back to Dan, Vet, Max & Kimi had Max and Kimi pitted again, if they had not and Kimi got the undercut then it would be Dan, Vet, Kimi & Max. But a tyre change was not needed and Vettel got the under cut putting Dan under pressure to overtake and he tried to, ending up with him over shooting a corner and a few lockups resulting in a puncture which ultimately put him in 4th place which is not all that bad as he was in 4th place.

Overall a good race but one thing is for certain if Renault give Red Bull a few more horses they will take the fight to Mercedes as the Red Bulls have amazing traction coming out of corners and these cars will be beasts in Monaco.

Is the verdict out yet on who's at fault for the Merc crash? Looked to me like Rosberg swerved to the right (or maybe he was just "closing the door"?) pushing Lewis onto the grass (avoiding maneuver) where he lost grip and spun, resulting in them colliding. But I guess the debate will go on for some time.

Atleast this time I'll blame Lewis. He was too aggressive and there was no gap left to make that move. I think he may have done this on purpose or frustrated by seeing Nico on front once again. Nico was just following the racing line

Anyway, the race was good and kudos to Verstrappen for. His maiden victory. Wish vettel n ric followed the 2 stop strategy and the race would've been much more interesting

Fun race, and props to verstappen to holding off kimi for all those laps. Although i think this is just a one - off, merc are too far ahead to be troubled by anyone, the battle this year will be for P2 - Ferrari vs. Red Bull. Nico is still 50 pts ahead.

Lauda blamed hamilton for the crash, but Toto was more diplomatic and called it a racing accident.

Loved the race. Probably the first one of this season I enjoyed watching so much. I have been saying how I love Max Verstappen overtaking skills and that guy has lot of potential but to win the race in first attempt with Redbull. That was amazing.

Regarding the two Mercedes incident. Lot of hoo haa going on.
My personal opinion is that Rosberg was to blame mainly coz he was running on wrong setting. And secondly he took a dangerous move to the right to block the car behind...(a little too late and he was slow to make things worse)
Early replays showed how Lewis gained instant speed in those last few secs but the fact was Rosberg was slow. and maybe since he was not aware of it he took a swerve to t he right in attempt to block Lewis and Lewis went on the green after which he lost control of his car and everyone had a great race to watch :cigar:
Anyways. Its stupid to call it a race incident and leave it there. FIA should investigate if Rosberg was indeed running on wrong settings and fine him for risking others safety.
Nikki Lauda blasted Lewis calling him stupid. I think he will have to face a lot of flak from Lewis's fans in the days to come.
Hamilton has one of the strongest fan base on social media.
Remains to see if the car needs some major repairs for Hamilton which might again induce some grid penalty in the next race. Looks like this year everything is against Hamilton :)
Trying to attach a video here. This shows multiple replays of the crash and at the end see how Lewis threw his steering wheel in rage...
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/vi...ideos/1083262781720505/&show_text=1&width=560" width="560" height="449" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Last edited:
Yes, Lewis have a huge fan base and one can blame Nico with wrong engine setting, but i am sure that is the right place to overtake. Look at Nico, he did a clean move at the first corner.

More interesting races ahead :)

I guess I was not the only one with a huge smile after turn 4 :)

There is too much bias in the commentators. They blamed nico for it. Lewis has shoved nico out so many times and they called it racing.

Anyway, was a good race. It was one that was interesting all throughout.

I guess I was not the only one with a huge smile after turn 4 :)

There is too much bias in the commentators. They blamed nico for it. Lewis has shoved nico out so many times and they called it racing.

Anyway, was a good race. It was one that was interesting all throughout.

Sky Sports UK feed which we get in the Indian Star Sports version is biased to the core, Sky Sports and its staff is basically Hamilton Cheerleading squad. Wish we could get our own feed and commentary but i guess the market is not big enough for that.

Back