Car & Bike Formula 1 2017 Discussion thread

Ferrari had absolutely no answer to the mercs here. In fact even the bulls would have been faster in race pace if they didn't have the penalties.

So McLaren are getting Renault Power next year, Toro rosso are getting the Honda power units, as a result Sainz is in the Renault and Palmer is out.
Good for Honda and TR. Honda get to develop their engine outside the public eye. Red Bull have a potential Renault replacement in case Honda manages to tame this beast and Sainz gets a decent ride he deserves.

Absolute mayhem in the first lap!
Renault will be relieved today that Verstappen got taken out. No chance of his Engine blowing up today [emoji14]

Lewis will be singing Merry Christmas all the way to the Chequered flag.

I think Sainz's engineer said "Boom Shakalaka" over the radio while congratulating him for the 4th place finish. Need to hear the radio again!

Crazy race in Malaysia, Ferrari absolutely stuffing it up and vettel dragging himself to fourth , and then crashing with Stroll on the cooldown lap. The Mercedes being unable to respond to the red bull pace. It was a fun race, especially in the midfield.

Ocon was a bit unlucky I guess. Why he changed tyres so early I did not understand. Maybe he had a puncture. Perez was on a IV drip on saturday. It is commendable that he completed so many laps in Malaysia heat.

In my opinion, both Stroll and Vetel were to blame for the coming together. Stroll did not turn left during the turn, kept on going straight. Whereas vettel had no reason to overtake him when they were passing through a turn!

So that's that for the championship. I was gutted for Seb. Although it was good seeing that RB can keep Mercedes honest.

Anyway,

Wow! I haven't posted since August.

A lot has happened since then like Mercedes becoming Championship and Vettel dropping the trophy.

The Mercedes pace is such that I switched off the TV after Lap 6 last night. I don't mind Lewis or Mercedes winning the race or the title but what really irritates me is how they underrate the Mercedes car and overrate the driver.

The lunge on Kimi by Max was an illegal move and I am glad he was penalized for it.

Other than that there's not much to write about. Soon Vettel will be out of the picture mathematically and completely.

Bottos is not doing anything and clearly lewis is taking advantage of it. Last year it was fun to watch with Nice & Lewis fighting for title, this year just boring!!

Hope McLaren, Ferrari & RB can match Merc, then it would be fun

Bottos is not doing anything and clearly lewis is taking advantage of it. Last year it was fun to watch with Nice & Lewis fighting for title, this year just boring!!
He is just a waste of time. Can't manage tyres, can't drive well. Giving the championship to Lewis on a platter. He is clearly the No. 2.

He is just a waste of time. Can't manage tyres, can't drive well. Giving the championship to Lewis on a platter. He is clearly the No. 2.

Completely agree. He was average when paired with Massa and even Maldonado was more impressive in the same Williams as him. Unfortunately Pastor had terrible luck that year and for once he was not crashing into others but others crashing into him otherwise his hit or miss driving style rocked in comparison.

What I am curious to see is -
1. How he performs without a year by year contract renewal carrot dangling in front of him.
2. The team is definitely more focused on Lewis and I wonder if his setups are affected.

In short I would like to see him race with no inhibitions but something tells me that there's not much to see. He is just a solid number 2 driver.

And that's the championship. Decent race, Max drove a solid race. There's a kindof reasonable chance of a four way battle next year with Mercedes, Ferrari Red Bull and McLaren.

Done and Dusted? And that's the championship?

Ferrari never had the WCC and WDC in their reach. Sebastian drove well, made some fantastic calls and Lewis fumbled a bit at the start of the season which gave that effect but Mercedes always had that little edge which grew wider and wider over the season. Red Bull was far behind Ferrari and Mercedes but they have won the in season development race by getting very close to both rivals and as usual Ferrari was the worse team in this department. Ferrari also has Kimi who is well past their prime and his inconsistency not only let an average joe like Bottas get ahead of him but also the Red Bull drivers even at the start of the season when Rd Bull lacked performance wise.

Sure Vettel triggered the downfall in Singapore but he only accelerated the inevitable. Even before that race he was gradually loosing ground to Lewis but the biased commentators made it look worse.

I turned off the TV yesterday when they made fun of Vettel the second time when he passed Massa and said he may be gained advantage. The first time was when they stated that he deliberately hit Lewis on lap 1 but Karun stated otherwise. In short they were abetting a penalty for Vettel when they realized that their golden boy was still far behind. It was pretty obvious that Vettel had front wing damage and was carrying more speed in the corner to react to Lewis and hence the car understeered and he hit Lewis. Vettel's Mistake? - Yes. Deliberate? - No. Pilot error.

Max vs Daniel - I have been saying this for a while now. Max has been out performing Daniel but his DNFs made Daniel look good but now even without the DNF Max is looking way better than Daniel. A point to note is that Daniel was running the old engine and Max the new engine. If that's the case then all we need to do is go 1 race behind and Max was still ripping Daniel to shreds.

I am finally looking forward to the next few races when no one has anything to loose any more and some having everything to prove.

Back