Fraudulent ACT

Officially they've not increased the FUP. Enjoy while it lasts, Heard all of them in chennai are enjoying double FUP this month too/

They have this shitty thing of not changing the plan middle of the month which was not the case before :(. I need to wait a whole month to get my current plan changed

They have this shitty thing of not changing the plan middle of the month which was not the case before :(. I need to wait a whole month to get my current plan changed
In Hyderabad, They can always Upgrade the plan at any point of time. However, Downgrade is possible at the end of the month only & you have to continue with the same plan at least for 30 days.

I guess most of them stopped using FUP reset option from the day they made GB's pro-rata.

Getting pretty fed up with ACT. My gateway router (DDWRT) logged usage as 66Gig, their portal reports 82Gig (FUP reached). I am on 75Gig lightning plan.

Untitled.png

Myself had the pleasure of experiencing this faulty ACT FUP calculation in Bangalore. How can this be so widespread? Either they are intentionally doing it, so that people pay for FUP reset or something really wrong in their system. Maybe the Bangalore division needed some more money and anyway they don't have much competition here. ACT is becoming the next Airtel i guess.

On top of that they have been spamming me with plenty of sms telling so and so charges to reset FUP. Imagine... They've sent 3 sms today, last day of the month, to reset FUP if I pay 250rs .

Something is screwed up in their system. Speedtest always shows correct speed and even popular torrent which are probably cached download at proper speed. But Youtube videos (not the popular/desi ones) suffers buffering and many sites do lag as well. Really hoping for some competition in Bangalore. How can be the IT hub of India behind on Internet speed and plans ?

I'm hearing a lot of faulty FUP calculation these days except in Hyderabad. Whadup?
Clearly you have not been seeing my posts in various other forums :p btw act tells me I've used 109GB in this month (8 days). I've only downloaded one game of 20GB. Thats it. My PC data usage shows 24GB whereas act usage shows 109GB -_-[DOUBLEPOST=1454925278][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT: No youtube problems at my end(hyderabad) But fake data usage concerns remains

Something is screwed up in their system. Speedtest always shows correct speed and even popular torrent which are probably cached download at proper speed. But Youtube videos (not the popular/desi ones) suffers buffering and many sites do lag as well. Really hoping for some competition in Bangalore. How can be the IT hub of India behind on Internet speed and plans ?

Even I was getting only 2-3mbps speeds yesterday on my ACT 30mbps connection..
BSNL has come up with fibre to home connections recently in bangalore.. No idea about the coverage area though..
Others like hathway, airwire are not good compared to ACT though..

Clearly you have not been seeing my posts in various other forums :p btw act tells me I've used 109GB in this month (8 days). I've only downloaded one game of 20GB. Thats it. My PC data usage shows 24GB whereas act usage shows 109GB -_-[DOUBLEPOST=1454925278][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT: No youtube problems at my end(hyderabad) But fake data usage concerns remains
We have another connection at my place which is technically my brothers even he is complaining of Inflated usage.

Will catch these bastards red handed if thats the case.

My father is now using the internet so he doesn't know how much data he consumes. Wonder how many such technologically inept people are there in ACT. Anyways, If you need any data, just drop in a pm

Guys, once again the ACT website had logged more than 10GB of usage in a matter of few hours. I did consume 3.2GB during that hour, and my laptop indicated that I had used almost 4GB. So I immediately mailed them and they did send me the detailed usage. But here's the fishy part: None of the mentioned IP address matches with mine or any device connected to my router or even the external IP. What do I do now?

Guys, once again the ACT website had logged more than 10GB of usage in a matter of few hours. I did consume 3.2GB during that hour, and my laptop indicated that I had used almost 4GB. So I immediately mailed them and they did send me the detailed usage. But here's the fishy part: None of the mentioned IP address matches with mine or any device connected to my router or even the external IP. What do I do now?

I did not go through the whole thread so I do not know if someone has suggested this already. I think you should change your account password.

I've done this. Multiple times. From last 3~4 months, they FUP of 100GB gets over in first 8~9 days of the month and then rest of the month is post FUP speeds. I've tried arguing with them but now I give up

Well usually it takes around 25 days for me to consume the fup, but judging by the way act is increasing it (illegally), it'd be over with 8-9 days ... My fup is 75GB

Back