Free DropShip offer from US first 1kg free - Till 31st DEC 2012

@varkey, ignoring the ridiculous Form 39 rule, it has been super smooth so far.

I paid for it on the 5th morning our time, the first kg off coupon worked, so I paid $5.03 ALL inclusive for a 1.5 kg pack (Seagate 3TB external from Amazon for $99.99) :D

Package landed in Delhi yesterday evening and was cleared by customs early today morning. I would have got the delivery by now but for their "follow the rulebook" style of operating.

Customs + DHL fees is 1400, so I assume I have been charged slightly higher than the actual price, but I won't complain.

Total landing cost for my 3 TB HDD comes to INR 5600 (had got some free Amazon credit during an earlier offer). Not bad :p

Last edited by a moderator:
@agantuk : That seems really fast and smooth, except for the Form 39 rule ofcourse. And an excellent price for a 3 TB drive! :p

Did you declare the value of the item as $99.99 itself in HopShopGo?

Do we have to purchase only from their site or can we use this address to send other items also . Like my friend can pick up a phone and send it to that shipping address and they will send it to me ?

I am planning on getting a 10k mAh external battery.. do you guys know what will be the customs?

The item is just $39.95 :)

agantuk : That seems really fast and smooth, except for the Form 39 rule ofcourse. And an excellent price for a 3 TB drive! :p

Did you declare the value of the item as $99.99 itself in HopShopGo?

Yes, I declared 99.99 . Like I said, it was super smooth till the point the guy set out for delivery. The package has now successfully spent 30 hours in Delhi. Haha.

agantuk : 3tb at seksy price :)

Yes :D

Do we have to purchase only from their site or can we use this address to send other items also . Like my friend can pick up a phone and send it to that shipping address and they will send it to me ?

Yes, you need not purchase through them, you can have your stuff delivered to their address and they ship it to you. Just like SNS

@agantuk
I want to buy core i5 3750K and Asrock z77 pro 4 from Newegg. The whole deal comes to 315 $ with a mail in rebate. the total weight comes to about 2.5 Kgs. So the sum I am looking at is 315$ + 9.75$ (2.5kg-1Kg = 1.5kg, i.e 3.25$*3=9.75$) + 42.5$ (Fuel surcharge @13.5%) + 27$ (custom for processor) + 17$ (custom for mobo) = 411.25$ = 22353 Rs.
Am i correct? any workarounds to get the price reduced?

Right, mail in rebates are worthless. Even for folks in the US, it takes a really long time to get that amount.
vaibhavyagnik, these guys charge volumetric weight, so if your box dimensions indicate a size more than 2.5 kg, you will have to pay for the higher weight. I think fuel surcharge is 15% of the shipping amount. Check the invoice I got (the mandatory insurance is 0.65% of item cost + shipping + fuel surcharge):

Your customs amounts look to be correct, you will also need to add a 350 bucks charge as DHL / Fedex fee

International Shipping Charges: 24.52

Fuel Surcharge: 3.68

Mandatory Insurance:
(Declared Value & Shipping at 0.65%) 0.83

SUB-TOTAL US$ 31.76

vaibhavyagnik : And you won't be able to order from NewEgg with your Indian CC, you will have to use their Buy For Me service which is charged additional. Better go for iShopInternational or something.

Why do you want to use couriers when Amazon itself is shipping to India , Just checked . Only other worthwhile will be ibhejo with 500 0ff . From rest all Amazon is lot better and you can save on shipping if you order for $75 more , free shipping

$75? I read it is 125. Have they changed their policy or am I missing something?

I am planning to get 2 lepai amps and 1 16awg wire through parts express of about 5 pounds. Does hogshopgo consolidate the packages ? Also, hows the shopping experience?

Back