User Review Free Unlimited cloud storage for your photos and videos

Hello dear forum members,
As I have highlighted in my prevous videos, cloud storage should be integral part of your back up regime. But Cloud storage is limited and if you want more storage, you will have to buy it and this cost is recurring. So in this video, I show you how I back up my photos. This method is free but comes at the cost of your time. It should not be misused and should only be used for Personal backup. I hope you like this video. I would love your comments on the same.

it's a recurring charge though isn't it ? so you took advantage at the outset.

How much will the year after and so on be ?
Yes, it is a recurring charge. One license gives you one year and you an add upto 5 or 6 licenses at once so you can buy 5 or 6 licenses together then when there is max discount and get it for about 600-800/ year per person.

If you could help with the link to that pricing, will help as MS website says something else

View attachment 138851

Best online backup/storage for images currently is One drive . Because of YouTube's compression I don't even use it to store edited videos of personal trips. Photos inside a video is a big NO for me. If someone still wants to do it then use VN video editor. It is free, less resource hungry than Vinci and works on each and every device and OS.

There is another tier called Family pack. It has 6 members limit, each member gets 1 TB and 6 devices. So, it is about 600/year if you share it with others and buy it from Amazon or Flipkart for a discount.
Pfft nah, will pass.
Only thing am currently sharing is YT Premium.

Yes, it is a recurring charge. One license gives you one year and you an add upto 5 or 6 licenses at once so you can buy 5 or 6 licenses together then when there is max discount and get it for about 600-800/ year per person.
So you get it on offer at Rs.600. When a year is up do you still renew at the introductory price or does it increase

My question is whether you pay the same amount after the first year ?

Pfft nah, will pass.
Only thing am currently sharing is YT Premium.

Each user has his / her quota of 1 TB each and others cannot see your files. I think its the best option available at the moment. Would have settled for 200 gigs on google too if their price was little easy.
So you get it on offer at Rs.600. When a year is up do you still renew at the introductory price or does it increase

Its been 600 for the last 2 years. Earlier it used to be 480 or something.

There is another tier called Family pack. It has 6 members limit, each member gets 1 TB and 6 devices. So, it is about 600/year if you share it with others and buy it from Amazon or Flipkart for a discount.
Still won't be ₹600/year for an individual
Family pack is ₹6,199/year on Microsoft.
From amazon it is ₹5199 lowest so ₹866 per person which still is not reasonble as I can't see my family/friends using 1 combined in an year let alone 1tb each.
If you go with google cloud you get 2tb at somewhat same pricing as Microsofts site.

But obscure companies also shut down suddenly and leave users stranded without their data.
Lol that will be quite sad. Just hope they will inform one month before shutting their servers down.
I have around 7lac+ photos and 2 lac videos. Using this method I might have to employ my kid to continue the job further after my death!
Would say its not even handy for couple of 100 pics as converting it to videos and all is something professionals or anyone wouldn't rather prefer or take such time consuming pain!

I know its a free solution but browsing your pics as a video is something not at all a comfortable idea/method.

But for storing only video, it does makes sense utilizing full YT a/c capabilities.
What storage method do you use for these

Traditional HDDS since decades.. 3x cloned copies maintained regularly. Now even sourced a 4th external hdd backup media.
I think that would make sense. Having 3 copies will ensure a safety net. Will be cost effective too over the long run
And then everyone is in a mad scramble to download their stuff. If they even manage to get it all back.
That was a joke. I have backup in a portable hdd. The plan is that if the cloud goes out of service first I will replace the cloud. If the hdd goes bad first I will replace that. If both go bad at once, goodbye memories though. Despite being a govt Collab, I like digiboxx for the prices. If you don't use any other backup, it's better to stick to one of the bigger players indeed.

I have family/personal videos youtube since last 2 years.
All are in Private mode..
Enjoy this with family on TV as and when required.. no access to anyone else.
More then GBs of data.

Also have onedrive 1 TB subscription (for various requirements) so uploaded there as well.

It is sold as individual license and recurring payment both so you can buy upto 5 or 6 licenses max at once and renew when the price is low again so you can keep paying reduced price every year. Even at full price it is about 1k per year. Apple and Google are 9k and 6.5k per year respectively.
From amazon it is ₹5199 lowest so ₹866 per person which still is not reasonble as I can't see my family/friends using 1 combined in an year let alone 1tb each.
200-300 RS extra per year doesn't even count. Also, discount keeps on changing so some also got it for 500 a year. Already said that it is somewhere between 600-800. I know it is not reasonable for some that is why we have 15 GB free google storage.
Google cloud 2 TB is 541 per MONTH for a single user

One drive 1 TB after sharing is 600-800 per YEAR for a single user.
One drive is 1 TB per member and each member has 5 devices.
Total devices for each member= 5.
Total capacity shared among 5 devices of one member= 1 TB.
Total overall capacity= 6 TB.
Total overall devices = 30.
Each member has his own personal account and others including admin cannot access their account. You also get MS office apps for all your devices.

It is sold as individual license and recurring payment both so you can buy upto 5 or 6 licenses max at once and renew when the price is low again so you can keep paying reduced price every year. Even at full price it is about 1k per year. Apple and Google are 9k and 6.5k per year respectively.
That's quite a difference. 6.5x & 9x :oops:

If you go with google cloud you get 2tb at somewhat same pricing as Microsofts site.
The offline prices for the Office 365 packs were much lower even a year ago (less than 4k I think). The prices were increased with the Microsoft 365 rebranding but I presume some offline sellers still sell it for less than the Amazon price.

I had set it up with fellow members here and it was between 500-550 per person per year for 5 years.

The offline prices for the Office 365 packs were much lower even a year ago (less than 4k I think). The prices were increased with the Microsoft 365 rebranding but I presume some offline sellers still sell it for less than the Amazon price.

I had set it up with fellow members here and it was between 500-550 per person per year for 5 years.
If you find any such offline packs then do let me know.

Onedrive has those features like gallery view, album creation, little editing, and it even tags your photos automatically with dates, place , and you can also add your own tags.

But it is NOT a replacement for Google photos. In fact I would say that i am yet to get a decent replacement of Google photos. I have tried several onedrive , apple cloud , Dropbox , flickr, mega etc etc. But nothing beats the simplicity yet full functionality of Google photos. And cherry on top is that it works seamlessly with Android and majority of our pictures are in phone itself.

i would disagree, google photos is a pain - all it does is store photos from android phones. its not a sync feature, more of an upload to google photos feature, when you want to lets say download to a pc/ non android device, you dont have sync options and its manual downloads of individual photos.
super retarded.
also, photos is separated from drive years back and is a pain in the @#$.

Google One gives you 100GB and 200GB at a good price. That's enough for all my media needs. :)

1661706431982.png

Back