User Review Free Unlimited cloud storage for your photos and videos

Hello dear forum members,
As I have highlighted in my prevous videos, cloud storage should be integral part of your back up regime. But Cloud storage is limited and if you want more storage, you will have to buy it and this cost is recurring. So in this video, I show you how I back up my photos. This method is free but comes at the cost of your time. It should not be misused and should only be used for Personal backup. I hope you like this video. I would love your comments on the same.

Great video! I m just concerned with the data collection by youtube . I just heard that bots are to crawl on videos uploaded to youtube for some caching or seo or some stuff.
Is it true ? If so wont that be a major concern .

Also not recommending this but have you checked out TeraBox . I mean if and when temporary storage of 1TB is always welcome right ? Not sure would like some advice on its usages though coz of data not getting stored here(IN) and all but yea its all in all a cloud storage and FREE!

Another way for getting unlimited cloud storage is to have a cheap phone that's rootable and install the magisk google photos mod on it
And you can upload unlimited photos and videos on it
Just would have to copy the photo to that old phone from time to time and you are good to go

Great video! I m just concerned with the data collection by youtube . I just heard that bots are to crawl on videos uploaded to youtube for some caching or seo or some stuff.
Is it true ? If so wont that be a major concern .

Also not recommending this but have you checked out TeraBox . I mean if and when temporary storage of 1TB is always welcome right ? Not sure would like some advice on its usages though coz of data not getting stored here(IN) and all but yea its all in all a cloud storage and FREE!
Thanks! If we keep the video private and add only family email ID for permitting view, bots will not be able to collect data. If the link goes public, the most data that can be collected will the title and what you wrote in the description at the most. Even the thumbnail won't be visible. So I am not worried about privacy. I will look into Terrabox. Main concern about such free storage will be what if they decrease the free storage in the future and then ask to pay for maintaining the data above the free limit. Youtube is safe in that sense.
Another way for getting unlimited cloud storage is to have a cheap phone that's rootable and install the magisk google photos mod on it
And you can upload unlimited photos and videos on it
Just would have to copy the photo to that old phone from time to time and you are good to go
That's great. Did not know about this. Will look into it.

Hello dear forum members,
As I have highlighted in my prevous videos, cloud storage should be integral part of your back up regime. But Cloud storage is limited and if you want more storage, you will have to buy it and this cost is recurring. So in this video, I show you how I back up my photos. This method is free but comes at the cost of your time. It should not be misused and should only be used for Personal backup. I hope you like this video. I would love your comments on the same.
Already using this method for storing my videos in this manner. There is a slight video quality deterioration but atleast you have a copy of the video.

Don't have too many photos to keep. I have a extra GMAIL ID and 15 GB is enough for keeping photo backup. :)

BTW, great tutorial. Keep up the good work.

PS - Ondrive provides 1 TB for around 600 rupees a year. Which is quite affordable to keep your cloud backup.

Already using this method for storing my videos in this manner. There is a slight video quality deterioration but atleast you have a copy of the video.

Don't have too many photos to keep. I have a extra GMAIL ID and 15 GB is enough for keeping photo backup. :)

PS - Ondrive provides 1 TB for around 600 rupees a year. Which is quite affordable to keep your cloud backup.
600 is a bit low, generally 1.5x.

Those options would be great ! Reliability can also be covered than free temporary ones .
It is usually on offer around Christmas time. Do check it. Last year it was even lower around Rs 500 or so.
Were you able to use those services like yearly plans ? How's the UX when it is compared to Gdrive. I haven't used One Drive as such , so kind of want to know if its a better choice to opt.

I used to use google backup and sync for desktop, it offered unlimited storage for videos and photos but it compresses them to 1080p and 2MP if I remember correctly. I have about 2tb of videos on the GDrive for free.
But it has been merged with Google Drive now so I'm not sure if the same function still work but it's worth a try.

I used to use google backup and sync for desktop, it offered unlimited storage for videos and photos but it compresses them to 1080p and 2MP if I remember correctly. I have about 2tb of videos on the GDrive for free.
But it has been merged with Google Drive now so I'm not sure if the same function still work but it's worth a try.
This was available till few years ago. Now all they give is 15 GB in total.

It was up to 16MP for photos but yeah free lunch is over now. Now you get 15gb to keep your new stuff.

I had a bug on my account. When it was all free, my videos weren't compressed to 1080. They are still 4k and still counted in free limit.

These days you have digiboxx. It offers 100gb for 30 rs a month. I don't care much about privacy of the vacation etc photos. So obscure companies are fine for that. And it's not as if photos stored on apple and Google are truly private anyway.

Were you able to use those services like yearly plans ? How's the UX when it is compared to Gdrive. I haven't used One Drive as such , so kind of want to know if its a better choice to opt.
Yes, The plans are of on yearly basis. Its interface is seamless on windows 10 / 11. And onedrive comes preinstalled in windows 11 too. You can configure to do sync automatically and all your addition / deletion etc are synced to the cloud drive. By default, Documents, Desktop and pictures folder are synced. You can also add more folders but those folders have to manually synced. You can use it for multiple windows devices too, provided you are using the same MS account on both PCs. I have two windows Pc , desktop and laptop and same account works fine for both cases.

And uploading a huge number / size of files sometimes causes it to crash. lol. I tried uploading 3000 pictures at once; it uploaded fine till1600 pics then the web page crashed. Luckily on next retry it resumed from 1601.

The app on mobile [both iOS and Android ] the other hand is pretty meh. Auto sync is not there [it shows that it is there, but mine never worked for some odd reason; maybe cause i am using a pixel phone :android:] and interface is super slow. Google drive is way much more polished on mobile.

And being backed by MS, reliability is of course comparable to Google drive.

@joy.das.jd Does one drive have any similar product like google photos?
Onedrive has those features like gallery view, album creation, little editing, and it even tags your photos automatically with dates, place , and you can also add your own tags.

But it is NOT a replacement for Google photos. In fact I would say that i am yet to get a decent replacement of Google photos. I have tried several onedrive , apple cloud , Dropbox , flickr, mega etc etc. But nothing beats the simplicity yet full functionality of Google photos. And cherry on top is that it works seamlessly with Android and majority of our pictures are in phone itself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-07-23-01-06-38_fd7367fd0afc7e864f00091a00b3d0b0.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-07-23-01-06-38_fd7367fd0afc7e864f00091a00b3d0b0.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 125
I have around 7lac+ photos and 2 lac videos. Using this method I might have to employ my kid to continue the job further after my death!
Would say its not even handy for couple of 100 pics as converting it to videos and all is something professionals or anyone wouldn't rather prefer or take such time consuming pain!

I know its a free solution but browsing your pics as a video is something not at all a comfortable idea/method.

But for storing only video, it does makes sense utilizing full YT a/c capabilities.

Last edited:

If you could help with the link to that pricing, will help as MS website says something else

1657216882765.png

Best online backup/storage for images currently is One drive . Because of YouTube's compression I don't even use it to store edited videos of personal trips. Photos inside a video is a big NO for me. If someone still wants to do it then use VN video editor. It is free, less resource hungry than Vinci and works on each and every device and OS.
If you could help with the link to that pricing, will help as MS website says something else

View attachment 138851

There is another tier called Family pack. It has 6 members limit, each member gets 1 TB and 6 devices. So, it is about 600/year if you share it with others and buy it from Amazon or Flipkart for a discount.

Back