from C to C++

please someone suggest me a book for learning C++. As I am a beginner in C++ please give me some PDFs for understanding C++.

I have a good knowledge of C but C++ looks difficult to me :( please help

I would suggest How to Program in C++ by Paul Deittel. Explains clearly well all the concepts and the examples are good. Try searching for it's DVD where he actually explains it through series of videos. I also suggest these tutorials - Learn C++

If you already know C, I'd suggest "Teach Yourself C++" by Al Stevens. I think its in 7th edition now. This doesn't try to teach you programming basics, but rather teaches you the C++ language.

And unlike books such as Kanetkar, etc. that are traditionally referred during college, this book doesn't try to teach you a particular implementation as the standard itself.

"Thinking in C++" by Bruce Eckel is also pretty acclaimed (free to download too), but it also gets into teaching programming basics, which might bother someone who is already familiar.

C++ Premier by Lippman for starters and then Bjarne Stroustrup's book will aid you in enhancing your knowledge about c++ .

However I'll recommend you learning while doing a project or something, makes the learning fun and more worth and helps in learning the concepts clearly.

Edit - Avoid Balaguruswamy - all talk no show. Full of theory with practically no useful examples and questions.

Edit 2- Whichever book you choose please do not go with TurboC with your programming, also make sure you make debugging a habit comes in handy later on. I'll recommend GCC/GDB for compiling and debugging.

Back