Front load washing machine --help

Hi Friends,

i am in hunt for frond load washing machine in Bangalore,
i did some research and now it looks absolutely useless.

i was more inclined to IFB as they have top technology in frontload ones,
on top of it i was getting an offer from HDFC CC, about 15% off on MRP
ie Digital 5.5 cost me 22.5 K ,as 23.5 (cash ) was best offer i got (girias)

models i listed ware
1) Senorita DX ( now down in pref due to lack of functionality compared to others)
2) Digital 5.5 (now up in list , saw horrific reviews , but 2 of my friends are using it for almost an year. should i opt it)
3) Senator 6. proven model , but lacks functionality than digi5.5 and 500 more bux.

reading reviews here i en-quired about wirlpool SUD 701 at girias (on phone) i was quoted 26,900 , may get it for 26,000.
i would like to go for it if i could get a better deal, but rite now i am not sure where to look for a better deal.

If some one could suggest me some better ideas/models and place to shop for it would be a great help.

I have senator.

1. Its LOUD.
2. The digital stuff is total crap, nothing like sweet rotary wheel controls. Less damage prone, as water spillage is common around WMs.
3. Performace in simply excellent. I couldnt remeber having to rub a collar or a cuff ever.
4. Native hot water wash is a bliss. Ask my 1 year old.

I have Digital 5kg model older than 3 yrs, still kicking clothes :D.

Try with Adishwar,EZone and Reliance outlets also

26k for the sud701 is great deal,bought mine for 26.3k,i think others here in this forum have bought it for 25k.

there was a display piece available in reliance digital for 23k.

regarding the sud 701 ,the build quality is much better then ifb models including their 7kg WM which costs 30k.you can spot the superior build of sud701 quite easily like look at hinges,door gasket,drum,door latch,buttons,knob etc and compare them to any ifb models,chances are in most showrooms ifb model would eithe have a knob that gone kaput or those soft touch buttons come loose.

today i visited couple more stores.

sud 701 ( in wirlpool brousher , its shown as fuzzy logic and stainless steal drum) i saw it with my eyes at PAI indranagar

pai indranagar: 25750 (whn i said i have a lesser quote)

adshiwar domlur : 26800.

girias domlur : 26100 (thn i said i have lesser quote than price in list)

i want to check relaince digital, but whers it located?

any complaints on this model so far?

or some better choices

how much did extra 2 year AMC cost?

blackprince said:
today i visited couple more stores.

sud 701 ( in wirlpool brousher , its shown as fuzzy logic and stainless steal drum) i saw it with my eyes at PAI indranagar

pai indranagar: 25750 (whn i said i have a lesser quote)
adshiwar domlur : 26800.
girias domlur : 26100 (thn i said i have lesser quote than price in list)

i want to check relaince digital, but whers it located?
any complaints on this model so far?
or some better choices

how much did extra 2 year AMC cost?

well many people confuse the PUM701 or PUD701 with the SUD701.

the SUD 701 doesn't have a stainless steel drum(i.e the drum that houses the rotating drum,which can only be seen in the gap of the gasket).

reliance digital is located in Cunningham road ,but they had only a display piece,they said they no longer are selling this model(since whirlpool doesn't give them in large quantities,being a direct import)

i have been using it for well over 1 year,no issues whats so ever,so are the other SUD 701 users in this forum.its has the build quality that suitable for European market,since its sold their and has all quality and safety pass ratings,its also very efficient in power consumption and water consumption.
the AMC costs something like 3k to 4k for additional 2 years.

blackprince said:
whn called up whril pool they said SUD 702 is about to be launched in blr,

in 15-30 days, how good/ better is that one.. any ideas/reviews

haven't heard of this model ,hope its not a cheaper cost cutting indian made one,althought cost cutting which results in poorer build quality is the real issue then whether its indian or any other make.

but if its a international model like the present SUD701 which u can see in this link Whirlpool Clean+ 6th Sense washing machine-AWO/D6527-859293515000

then its replacement could be this Whirlpool Aquasteam washing machine-AWO/DAS128-859293315000
or
Whirlpool 6th Sense washing machine-AWOE8558-859297715000

blackprince said:
this is the reply i got from reliance digital ...

well i guess either they have given the price of PUD701 or PUM701 or are selling a display piece,since the about 3months ago i saw the SUD701 in reliance digital for 23k.

when i asked 2nd time , relaince fellows said they dont have SUD 701.

unilet quoted 26000, and agreed to reduce a bit more.

but they ware more interested in selling LG diret drive models.
how good is LG direct drive ones?

blackprince said:
when i asked 2nd time , relaince fellows said they dont have SUD 701.

unilet quoted 26000, and agreed to reduce a bit more.

but they ware more interested in selling LG diret drive models.
how good is LG direct drive ones?

lg direct drive are good better then IFB,but overall the fit and finish of the SUD701 is still better.

Did lots of research on FL WMs

IFB is good but their customer care & engg are worst. See complaints on Google search about pathetic service of IFB.

Check out LG they have best WM as well very good service. Dropped IFB from my list due to real bad reviews of customer care & after sales service.

Whirlpool are really good at customer service. I had a Whirlpool sensation elite 6.5 kgs. After 18 months of usage, it gave terrible sound, guess what Whirlpool replaced the unit with a brand new Professional sport model 7kg washing machine and to my surprise the warranty on the new unit stands good for another 24 months.

I would vouch for whirlpool as my Refrigerator is going good for almost 10 years now. I am in chennai and the customer service is really excellent.

You can add whirlpool to your choice list

Have you considered Samsung Front Loaders? I got one 6.5Kg model with builtin dryer for 32K cash here in Mumbai. the ones without a dryer cost about 25K.

Its been here for about 1.5 years and doing good. Its superquite. I was originally considering only IFB but the build quality was not good. Even the"glass" on the front door is actually plastic. So I dropped it and went for Samsung.

After long search, i ended up buying SUD 701,

but i came across few issues in instillation.

1) I don't have power plug in vicinity , so i am going with 20A extension code (5mts) is it fine?

2) My water tap is far away, (except in kitchen)

I need an extension cord or longer water inlet tube, where to get it from?

3) I will need a stand, wirlpool guy is quoting 1000 for it and 800 for descaling chemical..

Should i get it or some cheapo option available?

If available where will i get it?

Back