Front Loader: Bosch 14060IN or Samsung WF550B0BKWQ?

Rajen

Recruit
if i were in your place,i would stay away from ifb.

ifb is all china stuff while bosch is all german import .one factory to rule them all.
<

both siemens and bosch use one factory to roll out their gear for consumer market.

i am using siemens dishwasher and cant be more happier.

i have ifb microwave as well and honestly ,unless you know higher ups at ifb service center,stay away.
Hi guys,
I am new here. Planning to buy a front load WM.
Shortlisted Bosch 14060IN & Samsung WF550B0BKWQ
Gone through the reviews and confused for which machine I should go for.
Samsung - 10 yrs motor warranty, Diamond drum, Ceramic heater, 1000 RPM, many features costs 23500
Bosch - Good reviews, good & trusted brand, sufficient for my family costs 27000
Please help me to buy a good product with your suggestions and reviews.
Also please give me review about your DW.
Thanks in advance.

They are both good, since there is a good difference in price, you should go with Samsung. Bosch/ Siemens have a internal policy on spare parts - if the product is 10 years old, they will not keep any spare parts for it, once stock of parts is over, support is over. We had a Siemens fridge, ran beautifully for many years. Then the temp controller gave up, and the Siemens guy told us this. Plus the 10yr warranty by Samsung on the motor.

They are both good, since there is a good difference in price, you should go with Samsung. Bosch/ Siemens have a internal policy on spare parts - if the product is 10 years old, they will not keep any spare parts for it, once stock of parts is over, support is over. We had a Siemens fridge, ran beautifully for many years. Then the temp controller gave up, and the Siemens guy told us this. Plus the 10yr warranty by Samsung on the motor.
Thanks for reply, after reading lots of reviews I have decided to go for Bosch WAX18260 model, re. Samsung I was also interested in it but after reading some reviews I found it makes noise after 2-3 years. Also one of my friend told me that motor is the part which never gets damaged, so 10 yr. motor warranty is only for selling campaign.

@Rajen i have been using the WAX18260 for about a year now. Very solid performance and no complaints till date. Very good wash quality. I was faced with a similar dilemma as your's at the time of purchace. i am glad i brought the Bosch.

@Rajen i have been using the WAX18260 for about a year now. Very solid performance and no complaints till date. Very good wash quality. I was faced with a similar dilemma as your's at the time of purchase. i am glad i brought the Bosch.
artattak thanks for review, I have decided to go for Bosch only same model. Have some questions? do you need to wash collers before wash? also can you go outside while machine is running? can we keep the machine in varandah? its covered

artattak thanks for review, I have decided to go for Bosch only same model. Have some questions? do you need to wash collers before wash? also can you go outside while machine is running? can we keep the machine in varandah? its covered
From experience collars have not been a problem. If the clothes are too soiled, selecting a more thorough wash program which makes use of hot water and increasing the detergent quantity a bit takes care of it. The clothes come out clean every time. Its best to use a front loader detergent and also use a fabric conditioner.
You can set the wash program throw in your clothes, add detergent and conditioner and forget about it. Basically you can go out but the only problem i see with that is if the power goes in between the wash operation and comes back the machine goes in the pause mode and needs to be resumed for continuation. Also even if the wash cycle is complete the clothes aren't completely dry and would start smelling if not taken out and dried within a couple of hours. Also if you leave them for a long time inside the machine, since they are a crumpled mess strong creases will form which will require ironing. You can keep the machine in the verandah if its covered. I have kept mine in the service area which is open from two sides and i use a cover when not in use.

Thanks for the details, I think Surf Excel Matic and comfort softner are good, please suggest.
is the machine gives a beep or sound after completing the wash cycle? also as you are using the machine from 1 year have u faced any wrinkles problem or tangling or tearing of clothes? is it good on delicate clothes like silk and mink blankets? I know its a list of questions but as I am using WM first time, I have so many queries in mind.
Now wife get fed-up with maid, so many offs, no clean cloths and list goes on. so for peace of mind thinking to buy one WM. Hope it will be better than maid :)

Thanks for the details, I think Surf Excel Matic and comfort softner are good, please suggest.
is the machine gives a beep or sound after completing the wash cycle? also as you are using the machine from 1 year have u faced any wrinkles problem or tangling or tearing of clothes? is it good on delicate clothes like silk and mink blankets? I know its a list of questions but as I am using WM first time, I have so many queries in mind.
Now wife get fed-up with maid, so many offs, no clean cloths and list goes on. so for peace of mind thinking to buy one WM. Hope it will be better than maid :)

Yep Excel Matic and Comfort is what i use. The machine give beeps at regular intervals after the wash cycle is complete. A little bit of tangling happens but its not that bad. Wrinkles happen if you leave the clothes in it overnight. Its best to take out the clothes and dry them as soon as possible after a wash. There are many wash programs for silk and delicate clothes and you have to use the right program for specific lots. At one point one of my wifes top's was ripped to shreds as i had put it in with other clothes in the cotton wash cycle. Turns out it should have been put in the delicate category :-D We are careful after that and everything is fine. And it does the work of a maids full yearly work in a weeks time and is much better at it. Also consumes less water and detergent and hardly makes any noise. And never goes on a leave. Complete peace of mind and you will love the sweet smelling clean, sparkling clothes in the end. Go for it.[DOUBLEPOST=1380622763][/DOUBLEPOST]The clothes also take much less of a beating when compared to a maids washing or even a top loading washing machine.

thanks a lot for answering all my queries. will keep in mind all the suggestions while using the machine. Will update you once I use the machine, thanks for all your help.
Have a good day

You can set the wash program throw in your clothes, add detergent and conditioner and forget about it. Basically you can go out but the only problem i see with that is if the power goes in between the wash operation and comes back the machine goes in the pause mode and needs to be resumed for continuation.

The LG Direct Drive in my house, auto resumes...

@Rajen.. How much you paid for the BOSCH. I am also looking for one but there is only one dealer in my city & he is asking for 30k for the WAX1860IN (MRP 31999/-)

I am getting this cheaper online at ShopClues for 28735/-

Hi HailStonE, Today I booked WAX18260IN in 28000/- in CROMA, Price was 30999 but we bargained. In my opinion take it from dealer as it will be good for after sales service. You can talk with them personally, online it is not possible.

^... After sales is directly handled by BOSCH.. I spoke to them first & they told me that even if you buy online the installation & service will be directly handled by BOSCH.

First installation & demo is free while subsequent installation + demo would be chargeable..

Congrats on your purchase. I want to be sure of the MRP which you have mentioned as 30999/- I was told the MRP to be 31999/- & they would give me 1k off... therefore effective price = Rs.31000/- That's why I looked on-line. There is only one dealer here. I will be going to him tomorrow & discuss this further..

@Rajen Can you put up pictures & a review once you get it..

Also there is a new model....

http://www.bosch-home.com/in/produc...washing-machine/WAB16260IN.html?source=browse

Basically same features but 6KG capacity & metal door + BuiltUnder support...

Last edited:
^... After sales is directly handled by BOSCH.. I spoke to them first & they told me that even if you buy online the installation & service will be directly handled by BOSCH.

First installation & demo is free while subsequent installation + demo would be chargeable..

Congrats on your purchase. I want to be sure of the MRP which you have mentioned as 30999/- I was told the MRP to be 31999/- & they would give me 1k off... therefore effective price = Rs.31000/- That's why I looked on-line. There is only one dealer here. I will be going to him tomorrow & discuss this further..

@Rajen Can you put up pictures & a review once you get it..

Also there is a new model....

http://www.bosch-home.com/in/produc...washing-machine/WAB16260IN.html?source=browse

Basically same features but 6KG capacity & metal door + BuiltUnder support...

Yes after sales is handaled by Bosch but if we purchase from local dealer its his responsibility to solve our problem and Croma people assured me for it. Local dealers told the price little bit more and offer 5% discount on it. Bargain a little I hope you will get a good deal. Try Croma, Vijay Sales or any multi-brand showroom.
http://www.cromaretail.com/Bosch-55-Kg-WAX18260IN-Front-Loading-Washing-Machine-pc-4770-404.aspx here is CROMA's price 30399/-

We are family of 3 so 5.5 Kg is sufficient for us and if we look at features then its never ending. So I decided on this one as we cannot guarantee the electronic machines sometime they serve for years and sometime within 3-4 years we need to replace it. Also after 8-10 years the technology changes and we want to go for new technology so I have taken the machine which fulfill my family's requirement not too basic and not too advanced.

Will surely post pics and review after getting the machine. Best of luck on your purchase, hope you will get a great deal :)

^.. No Chroma or Vijay Sales.. Though we have LOTUS, NEXT & Reliance Digital they do not stock BOSCH... Siemens is available with LOTUS but they do not entertain any bargaining yet...

There is only one dealer & Its my earlier experience with him is that he does not give good prices.. But I will try.. The difference in both the models is not much but only that it takes 500g more clothes. Rest of the feature are more or less same. The features may looks major on paper but they are not much relevant... first the metal door hinge & then A+ energy rating in the 6 kg model + Allergy Plus (longer rinse).. The built under I think is a gimmick in front loaders since I believe all SIEMENS & BOSCH models could be accommodated under a counter top...

Will try tomorrow & see what's available..then would negotiate price. Otherwise ShopClues it is. I will get more benefit in terms of bonus points, EMI & ClueBucks as well.. Delivery time is the only drawback. It will take a week at-least...

Also wanted to mention that you can go for extended warranty from Chroma which is much cheaper then buying extended warranty from Bosch directly. Cheers![DOUBLEPOST=1381142440][/DOUBLEPOST]
The LG Direct Drive in my house, auto resumes...
I guess Bosch didn't thought about the india specific scenario of power going off ! But in my case its a blessing in disguise because the moment the power goes, backup power kicks-in in my apartment, probably with a 2 second delay. If the machine would auto resume it will trip my generator power MCB every time.

^.. Actually its a blessing in disguise as explained to me by the sales rep today... since we also have huge voltage fluctuations sometimes, any washing-machine with auto start might have to deal with these fluctuations & PCB might get burned. With auto cutoff this chances are limited...

Today I thoroughly went through both BOSCH & SIEMENS.. As expected only one dealer (TARANG) of BOSCH & this has led to the given arrogance. He told me the model 18260IN is for 29k & he didn't budged even for a single rupee.. I told him its cheaper online, he told me to buy online then... He also had SIEMENS & as expected the prices were higher then LOTUS which agreed for 27k for WM08X160IN (5.5 kg) but then they have only one piece which is used for display hence minor scratches on the body & door... TARANG is asking 28k for the SIEMENS model..

Finally the cheapest I am getting 18260IN is from Shopclues for 28.7k but then I will be getting 575 cluebucks + 3 months EMI (0%) + PAYBACK Points & CC Points (Seperately) therefore effective price would be ~28k + EMI benefit...

@Rajen.. Did you get the washing machine yet.. How much did you paid & how is it performing.. Any issues while installing...

Also requesting suggestions from other members. should I get the machine locally for 29k or go for the online option.. Pros & Cons please...

Last edited:
^.. Actually its a blessing in disguise as explained to me by the sales rep today... since we also have huge voltage fluctuations sometimes, any washing-machine with auto start might have to deal with these fluctuations & PCB might get burned. With auto cutoff this chances are limited...

Today I thoroughly went through both BOSCH & SIEMENS.. As expected only one dealer (TARANG) of BOSCH & this has led to the given arrogance. He told me the model 18260IN is for 29k & he didn't budged even for a single rupee.. I told him its cheaper online, he told me to buy online then... He also had SIEMENS & as expected the prices were higher then LOTUS which agreed for 27k for WM08X160IN (5.5 kg) but then they have only one piece which is used for display hence minor scratches on the body & door... TARANG is asking 28k for the SIEMENS model..

Finally the cheapest I am getting 18260IN is from Shopclues for 28.7k but then I will be getting 575 cluebucks + 3 months EMI (0%) + PAYBACK Points & CC Points (Seperately) therefore effective price would be ~28k + EMI benefit...

@Rajen.. Did you get the washing machine yet.. How much did you paid & how is it performing.. Any issues while installing...
Also requesting suggestions from other members. should I get the machine locally for 29k or go for the online option.. Pros & Cons please...

BWM1.jpg BWM2.jpg BWM3.jpg BWMPlumbing.jpg BWMPlumbing2.jpg
BWM3.jpg
Booked Machine on last Sat at Croma paid 28K, on Sunday Croma people delivered it at my place on given time. Bosch guys called me within 24 hrs. after machine delivery and told me plumbing requirement, the water inlet pipe is small so I need to make a new tap for WM. Plumber take 400 and the material cost 400, total I need to spent 800 for plumbing work. I have attached pics of Machine and plumbing work done, have a look.

The machine performance is very good, very silent while washing only makes some noise while spinning @ 900 RPM but its not a big issue. No need to wash collars separately. Only you need to select appropriate option as per clothes and you will get fresh, clean clothes. Very easy to operate, no unnecessary options, anyone can easily use the machine.

Also I like service of Bosch, the Demo person called me twice to set the demo time, Described all options, guided us through 1st washing cycle, waited till the first wash cycle completion. Solved all our queries. Give us his personal mobile to call whenever we have any difficulties.

I am very much satisfied and happy with the Machine, first I was thinking to go for Samsung as it was for 23k but now I feel I didn't make any mistake by taking Bosch.

Go for it and you will also feel the same :)

Last edited:
Back