Front panel power switch for Corsair Carbide Series 100R CC-9011075-WW Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ATX

swanmoon

Recruit
Dear Folks,

I bought the above case for my self-assembled Desktop PC in 2020 from amazon.in.

The front panel switch is now intermittent and it is a lottery to turn the desktop on every morning.

Where can I get a spare part for the front panel assembly that I could swap in as a replacement, so that I have a reliable power switch? If so, how much would it cost?

I have attached an image to help you identify the part.

corsair-front-panel-power-switch.jpg
Else, can you suggest a sensible and affordable workaround please?

Thank you.

R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar
2024-06-17

Else, can you suggest a sensible and affordable workaround please?
You can hook up an external (momentary) switch to the MoBo as a last (but easy) resort.

Find a way to open the front panel and see what kind of switch is actually behind the power button.
Most likely the front IO is on a PCB and you should be able to swap / resolder a similar switch in place of the original.

Also , you will be able to clean out any dust / debris that may have accumulated behind the power button and clean it out to see if it helps.

Dear Folks,

I bought the above case for my self-assembled Desktop PC in 2020 from amazon.in.

The front panel switch is now intermittent and it is a lottery to turn the desktop on every morning.

Where can I get a spare part for the front panel assembly that I could swap in as a replacement, so that I have a reliable power switch? If so, how much would it cost?

View attachment 199285Else, can you suggest a sensible and affordable workaround please?

Thank you.

2024-06-17
You may contact Corsair India and or its service center and they might be able to help you with the spare for a small price.

Dear Folks,

View attachment 199285Else, can you suggest a sensible and affordable workaround please?

Thank you.

2024-06-17
If Service center have the part the you are lucky, else it will be a long wait! you can also try to repair it locally if possible.

Thanks to the excellent suggestions on this thread, I was able to contact indiaservice@corsair.com

Since the item was out of warranty, they quoted ₹1150 for delivery to my home, along with QR codes for payment by email,and followed up with a phone call. I was astounded by the speed and efficiency of the response. The reply came from helpdesk@kaizeninfoserve.com

Given that my cabinet cost less than ₹3000, I took the advice given here of first cleaning the contacts and seeing whether that helped.

After the dust near the connector posts was removed with a wooden toothpick, and the wires reconnected, the power switch started working every time when lightly depressed. Voila! Problem solved.

Nevertheless, I want to record the excellent response of Corsair in case it helps others in future who are looking for parts from them.

Moderators: Please mark this issue solved.

open case and circuit of Power/Reset Switch and remove dust etc. what ever stick to it's back side (inside part of Cabinet) & on PCB's. I did same with mine cooler master (2011 Bought) and it's work as it is, even the LED Indicators that was glowing so weak start glowing like Power Horse.

Back