FS: 500GB Seagate IDE/PATA + 2x1GB Transcend DDR2 667

Status
Not open for further replies.

saumik_

Adept
Seagate 500GB ST3500830A, 8MB, 7200.10, IDE/PATA - Rs.4100 Shipped.
No Bill. Bought in June 2007. 4 Years Warranty left upto March 2012.
Reason for sale- moved onto a 750 giger.

2x1GB Transcend DDR2 667Mhz Jetram - Rs.1600 Shipped.
Bought on 12 Nov 07 comes with bill, purchased from cassette world on lamington rd..has 3 year warranty i.e. upto Nov 2010.
I called up casette world 2day and he said that if there is any problem, i should bring the ram to him n he wld take care of it and that it has 3 yrs warranty
**SOLD** To Tommy_Vercetti

PLEASE DO NOT crap the thread, Dont LowBall & PM me ur offers if interested....i do know how much 500GB SATA drives cost currently ...bare in mind this is a IDE/PATA drive....
Both items work flawlessly :hap2:

OK I HAV DROPPED THE PRICES :cool2: .....4.1k for the hdd i feel is decent considering a new one costs around 5.3k

ofc8qa.jpg

zk3fqa.jpg

my friend got a new wd 500gb aaks for 3675 and got a quote of 3800 for the seagate 7200.11 500gb one day back at lamington... the ide was cheaper iirc you might want to reconsider selling your 1 yr old used 500gb with 8mb cache @ 4800 lol or is that a typo?

tejo said:
my friend got a new wd 500gb aaks for 3675 and got a quote of 3800 for the seagate 7200.11 500gb one day back at lamington... the ide was cheaper iirc you might want to reconsider selling your 1 yr old used 500gb with 8mb cache @ 4800 lol or is that a typo?

the IDE is never cheaper

Transcends don't have more than 3 yrs warranty locally iirc- subject to dealer too.

Some sell it with only 1 yr warranty too and some might have none as is the case with parallel imports. :no:

Please post exact facts. :)
Also, it has been observed lately that some dealers sell HDD cheaper without bill and those don't have any warranty locally.

You have no bill- didn't get or lost?

Just double check if your HDD is covered under local warranty. :)

I know same thing how can one get warranty without a bill i.e., a proof of purchase.

Ram: the dealer (cassette world) offers 300 days warranty (wherein they
contact the service centre) after which the remaining 4 year warranty support is directly from the service centre.
thats what the shopkeeper told me....tho on the ram box it is advertised Lifetime Warranty he had said 5yr warranty.

As for the HDD, u dont need a bill to get it replaced/repaired, all u need is the HDD itself...u must contact a seagate service centre directly, they use the serial no. on the hdd to determine hw much warranty is left and u can do the same online.
I bought the HDD from the US and had emailed seagate regarding the warranty. i got multiple replies :p

Dear Saumik,
Thank you for your email.
You drive's warranty is until 30-Mar-2012 . It will be valid in India as well. If you have problem with your drive in India, you can return it for replacing in your country in its warranty period.
Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. In order to allow us to deal with all enquiries as efficiently and accurately as possible we would ask that you include any previous emails when replying to us.
Best regards
Yang Y
Global Customer Support
Seagate Technology

Dear Mr. Barua
Thank you for contacting Seagate Support. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.
Yes, you can avail warranty in INDIA.
Your Product is in Warranty Upto 30-Mar-2012.
For further assistance you can mail us at seagatecomplaints@igate.com or call us at our Toll Free # 1800 180 1104 and we will be glad to help you.
Regards,
Sudhir Kumar
Operations-Seagate,
India

@saumik.. no offence to your sale mate.. but cassette world is known to have parallel imports.

also, transcend offers only DEALER warranty in India. they do not ahve any known service centers. do correct me if im wrong.

sTALKEr said:
@saumik.. no offence to your sale mate.. but cassette world is known to have parallel imports.

also, transcend offers only DEALER warranty in India. they do not ahve any known service centers. do correct me if im wrong.

Im not Lying or anything to get the item sold...im jus saying what the shopkeeper told me, he said 5 years warranty
the bill says 300days warranty from cassette world, also there is a stamp which reads warranty support directly from service center.
I believed him(5 yr warranty) considering the package said Lifetime warranty...i will call them up 2mr and make sure.

Called up casette world he said if theres anything wrong with the ram he'll take care of it and that it has 3yrs warranty...
also i found this on techtree...this happens to be casette worlds phone no.
TRANSCEND SERVICE CENTER IN MUMBAI: NO.23872034, 23895333 OPP. GRANT ROAD POLICE STATION LAMINTON ROAD CONTACT.PERSON : SAMEER SUPPORT FOR ALL TRANSCEND PRODUCTS...(including warranty and guarantee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back