FS : hardware stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi , i changed the memory to hynix 512mb ddr400 and it is not giving me any errors ( like crashing , BSOD etc. as my old TA ram used to . so it would not be correct to sell these ram ( 2x256 TA DDR333 ) to anyone under the pretext that they work fine i thought the crashing was related to my processor or some thing else . i dont know how the hell the memory benchmarking programs report the ram is fine when they give errors while playing games watching videos too lol . if anyone is interested :D , they can buy this used ram for special combined price of rs.1350 LMAO . i doubt anyone would want to get this as they give errors!!

U must not have tested properly.Try goldmemory,better than memtest86+,never once has it been wrong for me.And yes TA IS VERY VERY BAD RAM.The TA stands for TAndon,some shady guy who runs a rejected chip business.The sad thing is many dealers still promote this ram in NP.I once got this ram(two sticks of it in fact) and they didnt pass one single test of memtest86+ on a via board(let alone nvidia ones)-immediately changed them with Kingston ones which have been pretty good.
In my opinion,Intel boards have better tolerance for faulty ram(may be a +ve thing for the ignorant majority) but nvidia based boards seriously kick bad ram.So if u have a nf2/3/4 board don't even think of anything less than kingston/transcend/hynix/twinmos/kingmax(no other good brands here,hynix is very good if the chips are original)
PS: Sell that ram to a dealer,those filthy scum are the only ones who should be tricked into buying it.Don't worry while most dealers know how to scan the HDD for bad sectors,they are pretty ignorant about ram-if the pc boots up and windows loads and then the ram is declared fine! :rofl:

For @sunmysore:U r better off with a 256mb hynix than 1gb TA!The former will atleast work w/o errors!
For @broar94:I think a dealer is the best person to sell this ram to.Anyway as U wish man,ur sale. :clap:

Undertaker , you are banned from this thread from now :p . what is your problem about my RAM ? i told the truth that they give errors and you still want to aggressively tell everyone dont buy this ram keep to yourself undertaker anyway i know this is lost already :(

dealer will only give 256mb = 1,000 bucks and doesnt want the whole RAM ( 512mb - 2x256mb )

broar94 said:
Undertaker , you are banned from this thread from now :p . what is your problem about my RAM ? i told the truth that they give errors and you still want to aggressively tell everyone dont buy this ram keep to yourself undertaker anyway i know this is lost already :(

dealer will only give 256mb = 1,000 bucks and doesnt want the whole RAM ( 512mb - 2x256mb )
Well my problem with ur ram? :rofl: Its ur ram that has problem with itself. :clap:
U urself stated this ram is bad....why still sell it to someone on TE and make his life miserable :no: .U can sell it to shahbaaz_vision on TA(tech-arena not TA ram!),hez a nasty dealer who'll grab anything provided the price is low. ;)
Now I wont post on this thread anymore. :cool2:
PS:U can sell it to shahbaaz for approx. 1500-1600.Don't ask how I know that!

@ broar94, How do you know the rams are bad. i mean how did you test them ???? does the rams get detected and you atleast get the post screen on your monitor ??

of course they are detected in the BIOS lol . before buying the new hynix ram , i was working on that and it is running fine . whenever I start playing games , sometimes it crashes BSOD . even while playing videos or exploring net ( internet explorer ) lol . @Undertaker , thanks for the tip lol . deejay , i tested them using Prime 95 and memtest86 ( i got PASS : 4 and i quit it ) and they do not report any kind of errors . maybe because i didnt complete the tests fully . but both i ran for at least like +1.5hrs . if you go thru the thread properly and carefully , you should know better about the tests :D

in memtest86 the tests 4 and 6 are the most stressfull. and take the longest time to complete. next time try running all the tests. and post ur observation here.
You also mentioned this "( i got PASS : 4 and i quit it ) and they do not report any kind of errors . maybe because i didnt complete the tests fully . but both i ran for at least like +1.5hrs"
Could you simplify the above. ??
on ur m/c (p4 2.8 'b') 1 round of memtest86 should not take more than 20 minutes max.

Well I have started to take memtest86+ with a pinch of salt.It showed that my KVR 333 was stable @ 400 (and passed even one test at 420)2.5-3-3-11,when it was not.Gold memory showed the errors in 20 mins.So I finally became tired of optimising this rig any more (will keep it for a few more months b4 getting a new a64 + gf6600)and let all my sticks do a relaxed 182@2.5-3-3-11 with the cpu (a tbred-b) at 11x182=2ghz.
Goldmemory IS the tool to use to test ram.It is almost as good as a PCI based ram tester.
An excerpt from an old article:
"TwinMOS / Winbond DDR400 Mega Test! by CrackMaster , November 07, 2002

Overclockers Australia had a review of TwinMOS's DDR400 products using Winbond chips. Here's a snip: "We ran first Memtest-86 and then re-tested with Goldmemory. In a few cases we found Goldmemory to report faults when Memtest-86 attested a fault free run. As condition for “fault-free†operation the module had to withstand 3 runs with both testing programs. One run with the Goldmemory based-test alone takes almost 1 hour. Memtest-86 needs around 5 minutes for a 256 MB stick."

broar94 said:
forget it Deejay .
did you find out the prices of the powersafe 400w ?
Forget what ????:huh:
Re: prices , it will be better if you contact the mumbai office of kunhar directly. just mention that you want to purchase the 400W model in mumbai and what will be its lowest price ??
The link is here Powersafe

well i contacted Bangalore office and they quoted powersafe 400W rs.1560 .. GOOD PRICE !!!! I think the Mumbai price also should be the same or even higher .

well refer to your last post , Deejay . forget about that memory issue lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back