Audio Full sized Headphones (Cans) With in-line mic under 3000

Guyz...I wish to seek your expert views for purchasing a full sized headphone with in-line mic (on the wire itself) for music( punchy,bassy,big soundstage, good isolation) , movies ( crystal clear dialogues) and skype + phone chats.

In short....want everything in the headphone. Won't be using it for running etc..but mostly inside the house, wired mostly with the mac i have.

Know the requirements are too many for the budget...but there must be a great can out there waiting for me. TE.....guidance!!!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

hey..no replys yet...cmon...help your fellow upgraded TE member out....all the big fellows....(Privileged users)....:) ....waiting for some cool names on the list of the desired cans!!!

Hi there everyone.....there has been no reply / suggestions to my small litttle query....come on guyz....help your upgraded user friend a little...
need your suggestions ASAP.....hope to get some replies soon!!!!

Hello Rahul if you can compromise on mic you may have lots of options. However Bass and good soundstage can't be available in same headphones at least under 3k.I recommend you have a look at flipkart USB headsets. These headsets have mic. Though they may be good for gaming,for music it's not recommended.its your call.

In short there won't be any good all in one headsets/headphones under your budget.

Also have a look at below link.you will have some idea about the options you can have.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/in-line-microphone

Hi Rahul,

I have been into semi-pro audio production for some time and know one thing that making the right choice now-a-days about gadgets is not as simple as it used to be earlier due to numerous variables. I have made numerous mistakes in the past and have learnt from them. Therefore I recommend that you do some serious legwork (fingerwork on net) and then spend your money in getting a product that meets your needs.

I also suggest you visit "bajaao.com" website who are into professional audio equipment and seek help from them. They also have great variety starting from 700 bucks to almost a lakh, just in headphones. With some looking around, you may find something that is good enough for your requirement and also within your budget. I have made some purchases from them in the past and they are pretty reliable too. However, a sincere word of caution -- do not get carried away by what you see on display as it often leads to impulse buying.

All the best...

Thanx Prabs and onlystruggler.....
OK if microphone is kept out......any suggestions for a great sounding headphone (full size) ( nice punchy bass ) and treble etc etc

the ath-t500 would have been an acceptable choice though with mine the headband cover has started dissolving in a bad way and due to the rupee falling they seem to be over 4k atm. the panasonic htf-600 and the jvc rx-700 are other choices but they seem to be oos as well :(

suggestions...anyone??? headphone:: great sounding..good bass....WITH IN-LINE MIC for skype..etc
but not just a gaming headset...sound quality is a very imp component

Back