Graphic Cards Funny stuff...

nice..... and yeah.... it does seem a bit funny.... it is like a Ferrari being cheaper than a Merc or BMW... :bleh: :tongue:

I hope Zhopudey sees this..... AFAIK, he was planning to get an X800 XL from the US....

hmmm.... it has no VGA output? Only dual DVI. Maybe it doesn't sell much cos of that. (tho there are other cards there with dual DVI)
Also TV out is only mentioned as Svideo/composite while all the others have HDTV as well.

Did you guys also noticed its VIVO and cheaper than other non VIVO cards?
The thing is ASUS X800XL does not overclock very well compared to others.
The best overclockers are Sapphire UE, Abit, HIS and surprisingly Connect3D (maybe bcoz it has the external power connector)

funkymonkey said:
Did you guys also noticed its VIVO and cheaper than other non VIVO cards?
The thing is ASUS X800XL does not overclock very well compared to others.
The best overclockers are Sapphire UE, Abit, HIS and surprisingly Connect3D (maybe bcoz it has the external power connector)
None of the X800XL cards overclock more than 20-30MHz core anyway. Still its not a good enuf reason to be the cheapest. Also asus 2D quality is the best of the lot amongst all nvidia cards.

heh, i have seen Connect3d, His and Sapphire UE do 50-60Mhz more on the core. Most to atleast 40 over stock.
There is also simple vcore pensil vmod similar to that of 6600GT.

Aces170 said:
OT : Did you guys notice the price of X800 PCIE !!! atleast now in PCIE 6600 GT is dethroned.
Yes but its another sign of ATi's desperation.A 12-pipe ,256-bit card against a 8-pipe,128-bit card isn't fair competition(a la 5900XT vs. 9600XT).
The "work done per clock cycle" advantage is Nvidia's now.(remember the 9800XT's advantage over the 5950?)

^^ How does it matter mate ? Till you are getting a faster card at a cheaper price.. Man seriously think apart from Nvidia for once. Buy which gives you the best bang for buck...

yep. only if they did this before. They would have had better market share by now.
And lol undertaker, its the price that matters. Do you miss bragging about lack of SM3.0 on ATI cards? And you say it aint a fare comparison to compare two similarly priced cards bcoz 1 have technical adavntage over other? lol.

That $149 card is 128 mb card. spend about
$20 more and get the 256 mb card.

but even at that price of $149 the 128mb x800 card is a good deal as it will outperform 6600GT easily.

funkymonkey said:
I would pay that 20 bucks more and get 256MB version. That card has raw power to take advantage of that.
Yup plus the 256MB card for sure has GDDR3 so would clock to 1GHz memory out of the box for sure.

The only drawback it that it has two electrolytic caps near the gpu which will prevent the installation of the Arctic cooling's ATI Silencer 5 cooler.
Solution: you can use the zalman VF-700 gfx card cooler
or
just replace those 2 caps with smd caps (my preference) and use the silencer on it.

Check my sig guys b4 speaking.I am seriously contemplating the X800 but I know I'll buy the 6800NU.LOL.
Its high time the 7600 was released and ATi put out of its misery.Hope they have it out by late-Aug/early-Sep. when I build my rig. :eek:hyeah:

why do you think these x800 postings were aimed at you ...??:huh:
it was for the other members who are / were contemplating purchasing a mid-range card around $150 mark.
and besides we dont encourage "defections" :D
That we leave it for the politicians.....:eek:hyeah:

Back