Budget Above 40k Future proof smartphone suggestions

tchomper

Recruit
1. Budget?
A: INR 80K

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: None

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: iOS, Android(close to stock)

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G, 5G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Apple, Samsung(After sales service should be good)

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Internet, games, camera, mails(I would expect this to be my go-to device if laptop is not available)

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, high performance, less bloatware

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Samsung Galaxy S21+, iPhone 11 Pro/12

• I'm split between S21+ and iPhone(s). S21 comes with bloatware, not a huge fan of it. I used Pixel for so many years for Pure Android experience.
  • iPhone on the other hand comes with good OS experience but thier app store(most of then are paid :|), file management system makes lives tough.
  • Someone who used both the OS could help me if these issues are real or am I over imagining?
  • Are 20:9 ratio phone comfortable to use ? Last 4.5 years I stuck to Google Pixel(5 inches)
  • At least 3-4 years of OS updates possible with modern phones?
  • My current mobile no longer works, so I nee to use buy one one a week or two.
  • OnePlus 9 has good specs but is it worth spending so much money for 2 yrs of updates?
  • Can I expect future support for 5G bands in India ?
  • I take care of mobiles well(physically), I know that I can't expect the device to performance the same in next 3 years. But with all the bloatware on Samsung can I expect slow down in 2 years ?

Honestly, for a budget this big, I'd rather wait for the iPhone 13 series to launch.

Either they will be a massive improvement, and you can get them, or they will be a small improvement, and you can grab a good deal on the 12 pro/pro-max
I don't have a mobile phone right now, mic and speaker are busted. Sim tray doesn't work.
Even I would have waited till December if my current mobile worked.

Honestly, I cant really recommend buying an iPhone at full price to you, or to anyone for that matter right now, knowing fully well that it will get replaced in a couple of months.
And the Samsung's overpriced.

Honestly, I cant really recommend buying an iPhone at full price to you, or to anyone for that matter right now, knowing fully well that it will get replaced in a couple of months.
And the Samsung's overpriced.
Thanks, I will wait until iPhone 13 is released. Meanwhile will use a basic phone.

Each year or each 6 months all company brings new phone...
Future proof is technology only.. Like 5g or wifi6e.. Etc
If u r in city np u can buy any phone, they have service centre definitely in and around..
If not always check with your local place which service centre available...and choose the phone wisely...due to lockdown..
My opinion only...
Mostly i choose samsung and iphone...

1. Budget?
A: INR 80K

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: None

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: iOS, Android(close to stock)

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G, 5G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Apple, Samsung(After sales service should be good)

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Internet, games, camera, mails(I would expect this to be my go-to device if laptop is not available)

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, high performance, less bloatware

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Samsung Galaxy S21+, iPhone 11 Pro/12

• I'm split between S21+ and iPhone(s). S21 comes with bloatware, not a huge fan of it. I used Pixel for so many years for Pure Android experience.
  • iPhone on the other hand comes with good OS experience but thier app store(most of then are paid :|), file management system makes lives tough.
  • Someone who used both the OS could help me if these issues are real or am I over imagining?
  • Are 20:9 ratio phone comfortable to use ? Last 4.5 years I stuck to Google Pixel(5 inches)
  • At least 3-4 years of OS updates possible with modern phones?
  • My current mobile no longer works, so I nee to use buy one one a week or two.
  • OnePlus 9 has good specs but is it worth spending so much money for 2 yrs of updates?
  • Can I expect future support for 5G bands in India ?
  • I take care of mobiles well(physically), I know that I can't expect the device to performance the same in next 3 years. But with all the bloatware on Samsung can I expect slow down in 2 years ?
If you want to future proof i would say getting the iPhone 13 when it releases will be the best , apple is good with its updates and supporting older devices , i would also say the S21+ is a good option , one UI has improved alot and is definitely very competitive , I'd say older samsung options like the s9 and s10 are still holding up decently , but iPhone would still be the better option if you want to maximize its duration]

iPhone 12 meets your requirements.

As an iPhone 11 user, file management is decent. Take extra clicks to achieve the task but nothing short of what android offers.

Not all apps are paid. most apps have free version and In app purchases to upgrade to pro version with more features. Some apps are paid to download itself. in the past I have spent around 1000 INR in total to buy 2-3 apps which I needed for note taking in iPad, etc. but it’s not mandatory that certain apps are required to use iPhone or anything of that sort.

it has 5g support, iOS updates for 5 years, less bloatware/ most Apple apps can be deleted if not needed by end user without jail breaking, fluid/ snappy UI without any micro stutters, no heating issues, good display quality and brightness of use in sunlight.

most important of it is that you would have great control over privacy, most apps work even if you deny permissions like contacts access, location access, etc., background refresh of apps can be turned off so that they won’t data in the background.

Yep, when I said future proof. I wanted them to up and running with most of the functionalities working in coming 4 years.
Thanks for the input about file management and app store concerns

Yep, when I said future proof. I wanted them to up and running with most of the functionalities working in coming 4 years.
Thanks for the input about file management and app store concerns
I bought the LG V20 in Oct 2017 for 30k, still using it today.

Refused the update to O and still on android 7. Everything works fine on it.

Future proof is whether you can live with what you got.

I could for a few more years if my phone does not break.

I think for that budget you should get an iphone that suits your screen/camera needs.
This is because most android phones lose support after a couple of years. Apple seems to have a 5 year OS support track record so as long as you're able to get the battery replaced.

Almost any brand phone will not last more then 4-5 years. They are just not made to last these days. Either you will suffer a low performing device which will take ages to open after 3-4 years or go for battery replacement which is again hard to find for older phones since they stop manufacturing in sometime.
All the manufacturers want people to change phones in max 3 years. More over technology evolves and you will be tempted to go for the upgrade like a better version of wifi chipset with more range or a fast charging battery and so on...
Just go for the one which servers your purpose you will end up changing it anyway.

Back