GadgetShieldz Invisible Skins for Ipod Touch 2G - Need Tips

greenlobster

Disciple
Hello Techenclavians,

Just received Gadgetshieldz scratch protection skins for my new Ipod Touch 2G from www.GadgetShieldz.com . Has anybody got any tips for installation which is not mentioned on the site ? All these days I have only heard about these skins but never installed one. Same product as the invisibleshield that you may have heard of.

I need a few tips if possible before I go ahead with the installation tonight.:)

Cheers

I have used the Zagg Invisible Shield for my P1i phone. Zagg ( ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield ), I think, are very good and the product is similar to the one you are using.

Look through the installation guide.

GadgetShieldz Installation

My screen install did not go very well because I placed it, then waited a tad too long and then removed it and then reapplied it. Never do that. Make sure you use enough water to make it well wet and moist. Keep your hands dust-free as far as possible.

Best of luck!

I myself have lukd out for experiences frm other users of GadgetShieldz. But it seems thay haven't got that many customers frm India yet. And hence i hv lukd out in other forums. Do let me know how it goes for u. We will b glad if u can provide a review. I am using a iphone case now for my ipod touch 2nd generation.

And I hv seen a lot of Ipods back side going totally dull grey frm the original shiny steel finish..Ipods certainly needs a lot of protection especially on the back.

I've applied similar skin from bestskinsever, it wasn't easy and it was only after a few attempts that I was able to get it in place, specially the back skin was difficult to apply.

Delivery within 24 hours :O my grandmom just gave me the cover she received in the afternoon. awesome. will try installing right now.

Sorry for bumping. is this thing re-usable?

G@d of w@r said:
Sorry for bumping. is this thing re-usable?

The zagg invisibleshield FAQ mentions that it can't be re-used once removed.So I think same should apply even to GadgetShieldz since both look like the same thing.

The gadgetshieldz skin can be moved and adjusted as long as it stays moist, after it dries out you can't move it and hope to reuse it again. I think that goes for all the skins out there, its not a 'flaw' unique to any one brand. Other than that, I've found gadgetshieldz to be a good choice, a sensible one as opposed to the more expensive options that don't really give you anything that increases the value of the skin.

Back