Galaxy Nexus or Atrix HD for ~20k?

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I didn't want to make another thread for a small question.

I'm in the same dilemma, about buying a 20-25k android phone. I really like the Galaxy Nexus, but the only problem is warranty. How risky is buying phones without company warranty and with seller/dealer warranty instead? Am I absolutely screwed if my phone gets messed up, or are informal repairs reliable enough?

The fact is Atrix HD is as good as the one x and s3, as gnex doesn't even come near. As both phones have no warranty and at the same price, the better choice is the definitely the Motorola Atrix HD.

DarkAngel it seems we are on same boat, so what have you decided between Atrix hd and nexus?

Not a power user in the sense that not too interested in modding the software of the phone and spending much time on that aspect. Also dont need to play high end games. I might opt for the GNex since it will get regular Android update at least till next year and also it has a regular SIM card slot so that swapping of SIM cards is not a chore.
Even with less powerful hardware a newer android version optimized for the phone can make it better than the Atrix HD when it comes to browser and snappines.

Even with less powerful hardware a newer android version optimized for the phone can make it better than the Atrix HD when it comes to browser and snappines.
Agrees, and hence yet recommend people to buy the G Nexus. The Atrix HD is a stop gap arrangement from Motorola, and I dont see any real development on XDA too. Its a pity that Motorola is not releasing the phone worldwide, as that would give a wider user base, and more dev work.

Not a power user in the sense that not too interested in modding the software of the phone and spending much time on that aspect. Also dont need to play high end games. I might opt for the GNex since it will get regular Android update at least till next year and also it has a regular SIM card slot so that swapping of SIM cards is not a chore.

You pretty much summarized my requirements also, I think I'll also buy the nexus.

But why from us and why not here itself now?

@OP: sorry for hijacking the thread, @admin: do I need to open a new thread for this?

Aman27deep Atrix HD is a very good deal at 18K, so congrats on your purchase. But I have a query, the GEB link you have provided is for New Other Atrix HD and the description says the product shall have minor scuffs or marks. Are you aware of that Bro?

Minor????? This is what the listing says.

They do however may have one or two large scratch/scuff/mark on the outside bezel or back of the phone.

You pretty much summarized my requirements also, I think I'll also buy the nexus.

But why from us and why not here itself now?

@OP: sorry for hijacking the thread, @admin: do I need to open a new thread for this?

Moved to a new thread since it was too much hijacking of the other thread.
I dont want to spend more than 15k on a phone. That GEB link that has been given here for ~18k is available for ~$270-$290 in USA ebay. So it will be much cheaper if some relative gets it from there.
Motorola Atrix HD Unlocked Android Smart Phone International Version GSM at T | eBay

Though I am waiting for a hopeful price cut on the GNex to $300 or below after the Nexus 4 is unveiled. My hope is that there would be a price cut and stock clearance for couple of weeks before its out of stock. In that case I will be able to get it for ~15k via my relatives who will visit India before end of the year.

doesnt the fact that the atrix HD has a locked bootloader bother you? Though I admit its awesome spec and build quality wise, I find it rather annoying that my atrix 2 has so few ROMS because the bootloader is locked :(

Though I am waiting for a hopeful price cut on the GNex to $300 or below after the Nexus 4 is unveiled. My hope is that there would be a price cut and stock clearance for couple of weeks before its out of stock. In that case I will be able to get it for ~15k via my relatives who will visit India before end of the year.
When is this price cut expected?

No other samsung phone in Indian uses a TI OMAP dual core
I think G variant of S2 has same TI OMAP dual core and Power SGX 540.
People should not worry about Motorola shutting operations in India. They specifically mentioned that they are not shutting down service centers. Most of the service centers are third party which honor warranty of Sony mobiles as well so, I don't think they will shut down that soon.

And Nexus 4 is LG so most probably it would be launched in India. Just hope the Indian price is a fair conversion of the USD price.

As for the topic, does anyone know if the ATRIX HD is available locally and not just through GEB?

And Nexus 4 is LG so most probably it would be launched in India. Just hope the Indian price is a fair conversion of the USD price.

As for the topic, does anyone know if the ATRIX HD is available locally and not just through GEB?

I got it from eBay India.

46vvh.jpg

Back