Galaxy R vs Optimus 2X - Which is a better buy?

rtkomar

Adept
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3598&idPhone2=3967

So the comparison of specifications can be seen in the above mentioned link. Both cost about 19k.

Here are the major differences.

First Galaxy R then Optimus 2X
  • 1 GB RAM vs 512 MB RAM
  • SLCD 4.2 inch screen vs IPS LCD 4 inch screen
  • 5 MP, 720p camera vs 8 MP, 1080p camera
  • Scratch-resistant glass vs Gorilla Glass
  • Samsung Service and Support vs LG Service and Support

If we just look at the specifications, Optimus 2X definitely looks better on paper, save for the RAM. But is it really better than Galaxy R? For e.g., LG's service and support is not as good as Samsung's and their phones always have one or the other problem (As far as I have seen).

1080p video of Optimus 2X is no better than 720p video of Galaxy S according to GSMArena and Galaxy R has same camera module as that of Galaxy S.

Now more RAM might mean that Galaxy R performs better than Optimus 2X.

So the users of these phones, please let me know your opinion. It would be very much helpful for me to decide which will be my next phone.

You Definitely are..
<

GS2 prices wont comedown anytime soon..
<
They haven't even announced GS3 yet.. Anyways if you are in no hurry and can wait and ready to increase your budget, Definitely go for GS2. Or they may release Galaxy S Advance too. Keep an eye on that.

And I dont know if it applies to your area, But in many parts of Maharashtra, you will be charged Octroi charges. You will have to pay the couriers extra.

Yea you are right because the new ICS phone wont hurt the GS2 prices because I heard it would be priced at 40k+

So people would still prefer a GS2 with ICS .

Yeah all sort of taxes are charged here , these taxes kill man ! .

Thanks am from mumbai . First I was considering this and it was available all around and now when I had thought its the best feature / money deal , its gone .

The dealers told me Samsung has stopped production so only those who have stocks are selling it .

I dont know what made Samsung take the step , was selling like cakes - the dealers told me .

May be they feel they it might eat up the sales of the new Android 4.0 phone sales or something .

Now If newer androids are close to launch , hope the current ones prices some down .

Will go for Galaxy S 2
<
, amoled is awesome , yeah am dreaming
<
because S2 can upgrade to ICS

It is still available at ebay. Don't think S2 prices are getting lowered.

Lately, i have observed if there is any price drop in high end Samsung model, then they are putting an end to those models.

Same happened to i9000 and now i9103.

If samsung would be replacing S2 with S2+ then you can expect a price drop
<

Back