WTB Galaxy s or captivate or vibrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

^nerd

Recruit
Hi Guys,
My younger brother recently demanded a smartphone.
So this got me thinking, what phone should I buy him? :rolleyes: I think galaxy s is the right phone for him.
With a very nice screen, the phone has decent hardware considering how old the phone is. He won't be using it very heavily.
The phone also has good developers support.
So please pm me your offers and suggestions.
Budget: 6k to 9k
Will prefer sellers from Mumbai or Navi Mumbai.

Earlier I considered buying pantech burst (good hardware but less dev support)but I've read somewhere that the burst has issues like heating up without any heavy use and that the front speaker quality is also not good.

I feel, you will be wasting your precious 6-9k by purchasing outdated device. No matter how good the developer support is (I still visit XDA I900 daily) until and unless the device doesn't provide that power all the work is waste. I don't say SGS and variants are bad. But thou are too old to handle the updates. Apps are getting bigger, they need more power which SGS and variants can not provide.

I would say go for Pantech Burst :) It has doubled RAM + Processing power which is must needed thing I believe.

I feel, you will be wasting your precious 6-9k by purchasing outdated device. No matter how good the developer support is (I still visit XDA I900 daily) until and unless the device doesn't provide that power all the work is waste. I don't say SGS and variants are bad. But thou are too old to handle the updates. Apps are getting bigger, they need more power which SGS and variants can not provide.

I would say go for Pantech Burst :) It has doubled RAM + Processing power which is must needed thing I believe.
You've put a strong case in favour of the pantech burst...:p and I agree with you...I think I'll go for it... Have already pm'd a local seller...

You've put a strong case in favour of the pantech burst...:p and I agree with you...I think I'll go for it... Have already pm'd a local seller...
Not in face of Pantech burst to be precise. I am just saving some money from getting invested in something that is outdated. :) I do own SGS and I love it but I know the fact that it lacks of RAM and Processing power. It runs the recent build from Google (4.2.2). When I try playing a game, it lags a lot. Even if you install like 40-50 apps (some of them always run in background) it starts lagging..

I bought Galaxy S4 and using my SGS as PMP now, thanks to the godlike Wolfson DAC and #VoodooSound :)

Guys, bought a galaxy s2, thanx for all the offers and suggestions...
Mods please close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back