Galaxy Sl or Galaxy R

karty

Disciple
My Preferences :

Budget - 15 to 20k
Display type and size - Minimum 4" screen
Preferred operating system - Preferably android 2.3

Phones considered : Galaxy Sl and Galaxy R

Usage of the phone - Apart from the regular phone calls and stuff. Will be using it for browsing internet via wifi only. Will not be using 3g. Browsing includes watching youtube videos, social networking and plane surfing. Not buying it for games. Though might play it occasionally as a stress buster. But gaming is not the deciding criteria.

Galaxy Sl is available for 17k while Galaxy R is for 21k. Question is, Will Sl be sufficient for my usage or will i need to extend and get R ?

Pros and cons as i see it(subjective) :

Sl : Good - Gorilla glass, better battery life.
Bad - OS 2.2. Read that 2.3 on this has issues.
(Will 2.2 be good enough for my usage ?)

R : Good - Dual core, Ram, OS 2.3
Bad - No Gorilla glass, Just a tad big for my comfort, price.

So guys, could you all please share your viewpoint and help me.

PS: Not considering LG 2x. Dropped Xperia models because of wifi issues.

Galaxy R hands down. For couple of thousands more, you'll get a A dual core processor, much more memory than SL (You will need it on Android), great phone overall..

Just wanted you to inform you - Don't expect good music quality (audio out for earphones) on Both of them. The only good phone for better music quality would be SGS :) I am not sure if Galaxy SL or Galaxy R has same DAC as that of Galaxy S.

hirumon said:
Go for DEFY+.. Its build quality is better than both GSL and GSR.. costs 16k..and will easily cover your requirements..

Op wants minimum 4" display..

watching videos is fun on bigger screen while surfing is more convenient... i think SGR is the best among the options he got.......

Back