Games that make you a GAMER

1. Contra

2. Super Mario

3. NFS:MW

4. Call of Duty series

5. Prince of Persia trilogy

6. Assassin Creed series.

Contra = Best. Game. Ever.

VirtualNES.com contains hundreds of 8-Bit NES games, which we can play online. Great website.

Contra|VirtualNES

POP Series, Especially Warrior Within

NFS Most Wanted

Crysis

COD Series(Played all and Loved it)

Trackmania

Assassins Creed

Batman Aarkham Asylum

Gears Of War - X360

Forza Motorsport 3

Road Rash - My First PC Game

Contra -Best Game Ever created

Mario

Many people here must be really young to have been turned gamers by such recent games. I turned a gamer playing contra and mario in gaming parlours. The first video game I ever played was some kung-fu game. My dad had taken me to to the gaming parlour. I turned a gamer right then.

Contra was really difficult too. Specially double player in Waterfall. If one guys moved ahead to fast.

I started it quite late,

two best memories,

Halo & GTA Vice City ( remember having dreams about these games ),

I LOVED GTA IV and ME1 recently.

The best ones that still bring good memories are:
1.Contra (My first video game, played thousand of times with brother and friends)

2.RoadRash (My first PC game that I actually was able to finish)

3.Max Payne 1 (The best Shooting game ever.. The novel style story narration was UNIQUE)

And last but not the least. Played this one for 3 years.. With friends on my Campus LAN and practising alone :

4.Counter Strike Condition Zero.

Honorable Mentions : GTA Vice city
NFS Most wanted
Finished both of there atleast 5 times!

1> Mario (first game...was only 4 year old....Sleepless nights :D)
2> Cadillacs and Dinosaur (1000+ hours well spent....totally worth it )
3> Doom ( its the GAME)
4> Islander IV ( addicting game)
5> RoadRash (great gameplay).
6> Contra (awesome game)
7> Road Fighter (cool game)
8> Street Fighter.(here comes the a m u l chick xD)
9> Jazz Jack Rabbit(Fast and addicting gameplay)
10>Aladdin(good game)
11>Tekken 3 (Great gameplay)
12>Need for Speed 2,3 (super fun racing game)
13>Age of Empires (where's the END?)
14>Max Payne ( bullettime FTW)
15>Tomb Raider 5+(excellent games very engaging).

baccilus said:
Many people here must be really young to have been turned gamers by such recent games. I turned a gamer playing contra and mario in gaming parlours. The first video game I ever played was some kung-fu game. My dad had taken me to to the gaming parlour. I turned a gamer right then.
I was turned into a gamer when I was in 1st standard. My older brother demanded a Video game. It all started from there! Even my parents used to play the 2D car racing game

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

comp@ddict said:
Oh gawd, add these:

Prince of Persia 1 and 2, it's where it all started!
For me It started from Warrior Within! :)

That's when the warrior within me was awaken :p

Now I've completed the latest one... Naam kya tha.....?? Forgotten sands maybe..

Shubham1401 said:
I was turned into a gamer when I was in 1st standard. My older brother demanded a Video game. It all started from there! Even my parents used to play the 2D car racing game
i turned into a gamer when i was 4 yr old.First game was Mario on a cassette game console and then a lot of sleepless nights..Now turning into a video game developer.That's life. :D

gamingstill said:
i turned into a gamer when i was 4 yr old.First game was Mario on a cassette game console and then a lot of sleepless nights..Now turning into a video game developer.That's life. :D
Wow! Game developing sounds interesting..

Will see if I can become one later in life (now just a 12th standard passout waiting for entrance results :p ) :)

For me its the following:

CS1.6
DOTA
AOE II

Even I play CS 1.6 still now in competitive levels, its about 6 years now. I am totally addicted towards it.

Learning everything from books and internet. I m more of a programmer then a designer.udk is too much for small games,it's kinda overkill.Used unity sometime ago but it's not free..I know opengl,direct3d and basic ai programming.Currently using AndEngine for a android game. :D

Damn this brings back some good ol' memories!
cry.gif
Here's my story. Read on:

The first game console was the 8-bit NES gifted by mom for my 10th birthday when I was in my 5th grade. Dad was posted at Trivandrum back then. She took me and my sister out for a dinner, we walked into a duty-free shop (which was right besides her bank) and the guy at the counter handed me over the box covered with the fancy packaging. Upon reaching home, it came as a shocker to me that I was gifted a frikking TV game console! There wasn't any cartridge, the console had some games within the chip. Plugged the cables into the TV, plugged the light gun into the console and began the first game - Wild Gunman!

Thereafter every month, with her monthly salary she used to get me a cartridge from the duty-free shop.
happy19.gif

I could still hum the tunes of SMB (esp. when the time counts down to 99 seconds that special tune that plays as the warning, when Mario dives into water, the first stage, the second one which is mostly a warp with that bluish shades of level design). Used to play co-op with my sister who sucked and sometimes I used to reset the console if I lose a health. Then we started discovering those green mushrooms (1-up) that gave us an extra life if we were to hit that particular space. I realised I got stuck at the 4th stage of Level 6 and just couldn't get to the boss turtle - Bowser. Later, I swapped my sister's place with the then tenant's son who used to be good at console games (he had a Sega Mega Drive!). We used to get back home from our school, quickly freshen up and sit in front of the TV! We figured out that we could warp from 4th stage to the 7th one and then to the 9th one. And finally, after a lot of tries, retries we finally got to the final boss but he used to throw a bunch of hammer-like thingy (or was it nails? Don't recall much). We beat him and got to the princess. Damn it was one satisfying day!
happy55.gif

Other than SMB, Adventure Island I & II were awesome. I recall there used to be hidden eggs, skating for sometime etc. Time passed by and I had this friend at school (he is still in touch on FB!) with whom I used to exchange cartridges. He once gave me a cartridge that had Ninja Gaiden, the side-scroller. I couldn't get past the boss of the 3rd stage. Then figured out a way after almost a week, got past him (had to throw some shuriken) and finally completed that game. Then for TP gaming, I used to make some nasty tracks on Excitebike and attempt a race. Used to be real fun with those huge ass hills, pools and other obstacles.

Double Dragon - one of the best beat-em-up titles played till date other than Spartan-X and Splatterhouse. The second title had a bug. Select 2-player and either of them could beat the other player and claim his life. Discovered this when I was playing co-op with my friend. Later I used this exploit and played as a single player.
tongu23e.gif
Then ofc we had Contra!

After a year, the controller became faulty and wouldn't work properly. Had to wait till the month-end for a new controller. Later the connector became loose. Then ripped open the console and with my l33t soldering skills, I had the cable soldered directly to the board. IIRC there were some 9 thin cables for the connector. It remained permanent and worked well without issues. Today I've no idea where this console is. We have changed our residence at least 5 times (dad works for SBI!). It must be somewhere in some stash gathering dust.
sad.gif

I owe my mom a lot for having gifted that console. The first step into gaming and it became my most loved passion till date.

Anyways, these are some of the games I recall (in no particular order) and will cherish it for a lifetime:

- Super Mario Bros.

- Dr. Mario

- Mappy

- Duck hunt

- Galaxian

- Tetris (meh!)

- Spartan-X

- Double Dragon

- Double Dragon II

- TMNT III - The Manhattan Project

- Excitebike

- Captain America

- Robocop

- Tennis

- The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle

- Aladdin

- Batman (couldn't complete this one unfortunately! Was hard back then)

- Adventure Island

- Adventure Island II

- Bomberman

- Contra

- Super Contra

- The Jungle Book

- Hogan's Alley

- Popeye

- Soccer

- Chip n Dale - Rescue Rangers

Sorry for the slightly long post! Couldn't help the outburst!
54645.gif

Legend of Zelda, Contra and Mario series- specifically Mario 3. Remember the days when saving the game was not possible. In those days After Mario 1-2 (which took less than an hour to finish with all levels played) we had Mario 3 (where our Mario could fly)with over 200 stages spread across 8 worlds:). I used to get up in the morning and start playing the game and finish only by Night.

Back