Gaming Chairs discussion

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Anyone here got any "gaming chair"? What do you think of them? What is your opinion on gaming chairs?

I posted a similar thread in some group and got some pretty interesting replies. Wanted to see what you guys here think of the subject. :D

Gaming chairs are in most cases like gaming headsets. Flashy and overpriced. Get a high back office chair with mesh back and lower back support.

Gaming chair is something which I'll only accept if sponsored lol. And yeah when I get a chair, it will be a proper office chair. But where can one get a good one which will also be shipped?

Amazon has them, although the basic one's are faux leather and plastic instead of leather and metal, so do some research. Local will probably be cheaper.

Can't find any high-back chairs. Just normal office chairs and those gaming-branded ones. It would be so much simpler if I had good carpentry skills. Hmm...

Can't find any high-back chairs. Just normal office chairs and those gaming-branded ones. It would be so much simpler if I had good carpentry skills. Hmm...
search for mika study chair on urbanladder. Its a copy of dxracer "gaming" chairs youtubers use. Friend bought it and its pretty comfortable.

There are even high back amazonbasics chairs on amazon. There's also another startup called greensoul and they sell some good chairs too (its an amazon launchpad startup)

I use the urban ladder venturi. Pretty damn good for the 7k I paid for it. It is no frills but very comfortable.
Mesh? Not a fan of mesh. Also need a sturdier chair.

search for mika study chair on urbanladder. Its a copy of dxracer "gaming" chairs youtubers use. Friend bought it and its pretty comfortable.

There are even high back amazonbasics chairs on amazon. There's also another startup called greensoul and they sell some good chairs too (its an amazon launchpad startup)
I know about the Mika and it's my last go-to option (I do hope they will ship to my location). Just not sure if the backrest is high enough. I would also like a head-rest.
And because I have back pain I like to put my back on chairs and make that satisfying cracking sound so need a sturdy chair. :D

For people with back pain, the most important consideration is the height of the lumbar support. If the height of the lumbar support is fixed, then it may be suitable for some, but not for others. If you can try it out and buy it, then well and good, but if you're buying online, then there's no guarantee that the lumbar support will suit you.

Most gaming chairs have height-adjustable lumbar support, so no issues when buying it online. Not sure about brands like Mika.

Has anyone here used or owned those cheap gaming chairs from Circle/Ant? How are they? Just curious.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's just the assembly of an already-bought gaming chair? What kind of DIY is that? :|
Anyway I had some very interesting discussion on building a "gamin" chair from scratch in one facebook group. It involves cheap labour and low cost of the raw materials. The final design however is up to the maker of that chair. I can post the screenshots of the chat if anyone is interested in building one from scratch just for the heck of it. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's just the assembly of an already-bought gaming chair? What kind of DIY is that? :|
Anyway I had some very interesting discussion on building a "gamin" chair from scratch in one facebook group. It involves cheap labour and low cost of the raw materials. The final design however is up to the maker of that chair. I can post the screenshots of the chat if anyone is interested in building one from scratch just for the heck of it. :D

Please do share. Will try to make it. How much would entire thing cost?

@iPwnz

Have you built the chair? I too need an ergonomic chair. Most office chairs on Amazon has mixed reviews i would probably buy in local store like DAMRO or go for godrej interio chairs

Omg I totally forgot about this lol.
The stores which sell the chair parts are still closed down in my area and the local carpenters I know are out of station.
I tried looking for used car seats as alternatives but no luck so far. But I'll keep looking for this. The problem is where I live automobiles parts are really expensive. This includes the seats.

Please do share. Will try to make it. How much would entire thing cost?
Depends on how much the raw materials cost in your area. You need decent quality faux leather or any durable cloth. Then the material for the main cushion/sponge. It's like tailors making cushions. You just need something which last. Don't go for soft sponge. I'm not the type who likes soft bed mattresses. They hurt my back so the choice to go for stronger sponges (if that makes sense). Also, soft sponges nowadays don't tend to last. I don't know what material it's called but I saw some pretty rigid materials back when I made my earlier post. You need to build chair piece by piece for least headache. The most troublesome part would be the stands. Fixed stands are far simpler than trolley wheels. The latter also don't last long. Many office chairs which come with wheels, the wheels are cheap Chinese made just locally re-branded. So you'll come across many similar quality/models under different brandings.
Also while no really "viable" due to high labour costs (you still need a professional to do the hard part and the final touches) it will still be a fun learning experience.
Our market is also very small so I won't be able to find the exact materials which I'm looking for and shipping costs a bomb. You guys will have better luck out there.

Last edited:
Mesh? Not a fan of mesh. Also need a sturdier chair.

I know about the Mika and it's my last go-to option (I do hope they will ship to my location). Just not sure if the backrest is high enough. I would also like a head-rest.
And because I have back pain I like to put my back on chairs and make that satisfying cracking sound so need a sturdy chair. :D
Mesh I think is under-rated. Mesh chairs don't make one sweat. The Herman Millers are mostly mesh :)
I think I will buy a Godrej chair. Good old solid no nonsense durable stuff from Godrej.

Last edited:
Not all mesh are made equal. I haven't personally seen Herman Millers chairs so I don't know how they are. I already tore the mesh on one office chair in two months of almost everyday use.

Not all mesh are made equal. I haven't personally seen Herman Millers chairs so I don't know how they are. I already tore the mesh on one office chair in two months of almost everyday use.

I would rather buy steelcase chairs in India. HM india pricing has gone to dogs of late.

Back