Gaming headsets under 3K.

Hi all I want to purchase gaming headsets within 3K and I prefer over the ear design. I want for gaming only so no problem if they are not good for music too.
What I need is that they should be comfortable for using for long hours and should have microphone.

I am also looking around the same budget, except want good music quality and mic not mandatory...
also, gotta buy tomorrow itself...

I have been playing a lots of games from last 5 years on my 5.1 speakers and now 7.1 speakers. But I never used any headphones ever but still play awesome. Most of the games I play are Witcher 2 enhanced or Skyrim or GTA series. Latest I played was Dishonored. But I never felt a need for a gaming headset.
So my question is if they really help you while playing games? Like I can't play BF3 or Dead Space 3 or Crysis 3 MP as they don't have any servers in India. SO will these headsets really be helpful in RPG or FPS SP games?

I have been playing a lots of games from last 5 years on my 5.1 speakers and now 7.1 speakers. But I never used any headphones ever but still play awesome. Most of the games I play are Witcher 2 enhanced or Skyrim or GTA series. Latest I played was Dishonored. But I never felt a need for a gaming headset.
So my question is if they really help you while playing games? Like I can't play BF3 or Dead Space 3 or Crysis 3 MP as they don't have any servers in India. SO will these headsets really be helpful in RPG or FPS SP games?

No it is a personal choice whether you want a headphone OR not. Although in games like Counter-Strike a headphone is preferred due to the positional accuracy of the head-phones (these headphones are towards the more expensive side).

How do your lacking a set of headphones, dearth of Indian multi-player servers and = I cannot play BattleField 3 OR Crysis 3?

I use head-sets for privacy purposes and personal preference, if you are fine with your speaker system no need to get a headphone.

They are related in a way that, I have heard you get better precision when playing FPS MP like BF3 or DS3 with using headphones. You get to know in little advance from where the enemy is approaching as sound comes faster than him.

Back