PC Peripherals Gaming keyboard

^^ The Roccat ARVO doesn't have a separate Numpad, and arrow keys are also integrated into the Numpad which in my views is an excellent way to swindle a guy, by buying a more expensive keyboard with lesser features than better keyboards (the Roccat products even have issues with Windows 7) --

Razer Lycosa (full keyboard, back-light, compatible with all Windows OS)

Logitech G-15 (same as above)

This a Razer Lycosa review -- http://xsreviews.co.uk/2011/02/razer-lycosa/8/ -- Roccat Arvo (on the same site) -- http://xsreviews.co.uk/2011/02/roccat-arvo/6/

how do you guyz compare all above with the Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800..

not just Gaming wise, but convenience & wireless factors wise...... I think the mechanics are at part with other better keyboards as per the good reviews I've checked on the site...

I'm much tempted to grab it because its wireless & its illuminated!!!

^^ Can you get me a review for the Logitech K800 please. It is the piece of hardware which sparked of this thread.

IS there a difference between TVS GOLD and the ones sold by the razer etc assuming both are mechanical , because even i was thinking of changing my keyboard and would not like to overspend on the same unless there are really some advantages other then looks , If tvs gold can offer such performance i wil go for tvs gold but if theres advantage other than that i wont mind going for a rzer arctosa or lycosa , how exactly does programmable key help in gaming like in cs 1.6 maybe.

^^ TVS Gold is a mechanical class keyboard -- so it practically never has a lag issue, due to individual key-strokes being recorded by a dedicated switch below an individual key.

While the Razer Lycosa / Arctosa are standard membrane based keyboards so have a cap to how many keys you can simultaneously hit and the membrane can record. (I've tried my Lycosa it coops out around 7-key-strokes)

Here are some reads on this matter --

Mechanical vs. Membrane vs. Scissor-Switch Membrane Keyswitches on Keyboards by ErgoCanada.com

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Keyboard technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With Programmable keys improvements in gaming is subjective and might not be as great as buying a Razer Death-Adder against a standard Dell optical. It is better in games like DoTa and WoW: Online, where multiple attacks have to be chained in quick succession / potions and spells have to be taken where single key-stokes macro-ed to such specific tasks will show a better chaining of commands in a real-time battle.

mehargags said:
"get me" means ?

XbitLabs
I should have articulated it better, never-the-less Thanks for the link.

no one in delhi has the K800 Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard, tried Neoteric/Rashi both..

someone hinted out the price should be around 4750/-

Can someone in Mumbai/chennai confirm the availability ????

@alpha17

Thanks mate , i have a keyboard which is almost dying on me , should i go buy a arctosa or a tvs gold , primary use for chatting and gaming ( cs 1.6) or if theres not even a 10 percent added advantage buying a gaming keyboard , then should i buy a basic keyboard.

Back