Laptops Gaming laptop for around 40k.

Thanx for the info bro, I'm depending on u for it. My family has gone to Vaishno Devi and I had to stay back for the fuggin' Laptop. :( Please tell me also as soon as u get the news regarding its availability. :cool2:

Ryunosuke said:
WoW! That's a sweet @$$ price! :hap2: Did have to bargain for it? Please post some pics of the laptop and the some screenies of it too. If u can then please tell its performance in COD4, strictly if you can only. ;) :cool2:

Long story.

Zenith dealers get 16% discounts on demo units. My dealer had this demo unit which wasnt delivered to him since Feb. So he sold it to me. I checked seal on packaging and delivery date just to be sure.

He quoted 38K and then reduced 300 :D

Attached some pics. Benchies later, when I get time.

Just checked with the R.J Computers on the phone. They are one of the official Zenith dealers in Nehru Place. They've got Zenith Director Ultra Plus, the P8400 one, in stock for 43K inclusive of taxes! Gonna get mine tomorrow, hopefully. :hap2: :clap:

Deus Ex Machina said:
Long story.
Zenith dealers get 16% discounts on demo units. My dealer had this demo unit which wasnt delivered to him since Feb. So he sold it to me. I checked seal on packaging and delivery date just to be sure.
He quoted 38K and then reduced 300 :D

Attached some pics. Benchies later, when I get time.

congrats mate. gr8 lappy @ gr888 price. cant wait to see the in-game performance :eek:hyeah:

painkiller said:
congrats mate. gr8 lappy @ gr888 price. cant wait to see the in-game performance :eek:hyeah:

Everything maxed out, this was the performance.

I haven't updated the drivers yet I'm using 175 while 179 is latest or something like that.

HL2 - 70 fps

Gears Of War - 40 fps

Using FRAPS.

Deus Ex Machina said:

Everything maxed out, this was the performance.
I haven't updated the drivers yet I'm using 175 while 179 is latest or something like that.

HL2 - 70 fps
Gears Of War - 40 fps

Using FRAPS.
WOW..not bad for a lappy. what abt the battery?
ur comments reminded me that i need to upgrade my drivers as well :)

painkiller said:
WOW..not bad for a lappy. what abt the battery?

ur comments reminded me that i need to upgrade my drivers as well :)

Well a movie played for 2 hrs and 15 mins. Otherwise I'm keeping it always plugged in.

Heating might be a prob, I played for 5 mins and it was slightly more warm than my normal usage(browser+VisualStudio2008)

Well urs is the T6400 processor..so thats why it will heat more than P8400 which is 25W processor..compared to 35W for T6400...but anyways..gaming laptops do tend to heat a little bit..a laptop cooling pad would be a good option if one plans to do long hours of gaming.. :p
Also try latest titles like GTA 4,farcry2,crysis etc. etc. :eek:hyeah:
and update drivers from NVIDIA & Laptop News | Latest NVIDIA drivers and related news | laptopvideo2go.com ..they have the normal dekstop drivers for nvidia cards which are modified to use on laptops..

abhisheksohal said:
Well urs is the T6400 processor..so thats why it will heat more than P8400 which is 25W processor..compared to 35W for T6400...but anyways..gaming laptops do tend to heat a little bit..a laptop cooling pad would be a good option if one plans to do long hours of gaming.. :p

Also try latest titles like GTA 4,farcry2,crysis etc. etc. :eek:hyeah:

and update drivers from NVIDIA & Laptop News | Latest NVIDIA drivers and related news | laptopvideo2go.com ..they have the normal dekstop drivers for nvidia cards which are modified to use on laptops..

All those are next in queue after windows 7 :)

That nVidia driver too.

BTW, any luck with that local shop which were selling Zenith lappies?

^^ No man.. :no: :( I called up the owner of the shop in chandigarh two days ago and he told me that the parts arrived that day itself and now after assembly the laptops would be take around 5 days to reach here...so will have to keep waiting more :no: and also i called the zenith area sales manager and he affirmed it saying that it is so... :mad:
Damn! All i've been duin all the time is wait wait and wait! :mad:
I'll wait only till next week for the P8400 one otherwise im gonna get the T6400 which is in stock in ludhiana..

Hii ppl........... I bought da Croma laptop last week.... Going good with GTAIV at 1024 x 768 res.... For now my only grouse is the speaker...... Its pretty much useless... And of course, heating.......

DEEJAYROX said:
Hii ppl........... I bought da Croma laptop last week.... Going good with GTAIV at 1024 x 768 res.... For now my only grouse is the speaker...... Its pretty much useless... And of course, heating.......

What you gonna do about the heating problem?

Yeah, I agree, the speakers are useless. Not even good enough for movie watching, that too indoors. And I'm talking about volume, forget the quality.

DEEJAYROX said:

congo mate...post more specs bout croma laptop :D
u know what i was the first one for flag this croma lappy here so where are my rep points...hehe just kidding yaar :eek:hyeah:

ur post also reminded me that i need to spend more time gaming...hasnt played anything for the last few weeks:( , guess coming weekend is gonna b hectic with cod4/grid/gta sa :)

@Deus- I dont have much of an idea......... May b I could get a laptop cooling pad later...... but that would need a USB port...... For speakers I may go for some logitech speakers...... but that would need another USB port......... I dont like the keys for track pad....... so another for mouse..... for internet plug 2 surf..... yet another one gone..... but tata\zenith guys were kind enuf to give you just two of them..... Im screwed...... :S

@painkiller- specs are same as zenith director plus ultra, viz. 4GB/9600MGS/320GB HDD ...... They even say on the box its built by zenith.... Atleast they give plug 2 surf modem for 999 but speeds are crap btw...

@ryonusuke.... thelappy came to 40500, cos i opted i dont need the printer it came bundled with.... otherwise 43000.....

DEEJAYROX said:
@Deus- I dont have much of an idea......... May b I could get a laptop cooling pad later...... but that would need a USB port...... For speakers I may go for some logitech speakers...... but that would need another USB port......... I dont like the keys for track pad....... so another for mouse..... for internet plug 2 surf..... yet another one gone..... but tata\zenith guys were kind enuf to give you just two of them..... Im screwed...... :S

A nice surprise for you.... the e-stata port is actually a USB/e-sata combo. You can plugin a usb device there(apply a bit more pressure). Thanks to abhisohal for pointing that out :)

ohhhh.......... so can i get faster transfer speeds from esata port???? and "apply a bit more pressure"????? man its been only a couple of days and i dont wanna see her fall apart in bits and pieces already.....

Finally got my laptop today!! :eek:hyeah: :hap2: :clap:
and its the one with P8400 processor!! :hap2:
awesome laptop! ran burnout paradies just now..ran on highest at 1280x800..wid 2x antialiasing..ran absolutely smooth! will try more games...but cant write review till next week..xams will be over by wed..so will post review then..

Back