Budget 90k+ Gaming laptop for student (max 1.5L)

kvn95ss

Adept
A friend of mine needs a gaming system. He wants to play latest games with smooth framerate.

Currently he's looking at Lenovo Legion 5 (Ryzen 7, 3060, 16GB RAM and 512GB storage) for 1.21L at reliance digital. Are there any better / cheaper alternatives for him?

not really, a ryzen 7 and 3060 should run most games at high framerates, your friend will have to upgrade the storage though 512gb is nowhere near enough.

A friend of mine needs a gaming system. He wants to play latest games with smooth framerate.

Currently he's looking at Lenovo Legion 5 (Ryzen 7, 3060, 16GB RAM and 512GB storage) for 1.21L at reliance digital. Are there any better / cheaper alternatives for him?
Imho why invest so much on gaming laptop at this time.

Most machines with under 70-80k are capable of running games with full hd or even 2k with smooth framerate and they are decent for next 2 years atleast .

He can save as much as Rs 50k if he chooses to do minor compromises with game settings.

Most machines with under 70-80k are capable of running games with full hd or even 2k with smooth framerate and they are decent for next 2 years atleast .

He can save as much as Rs 50k if he chooses to do minor compromises with game settings.
not really, a ryzen 7 and 3060 should run most games at high framerates, your friend will have to upgrade the storage though 512gb is nowhere near enough.
He'll use an external hdd it seems, so let him juggle his game data lol.

the title mentions student, so they need portability for when they need to take it to campus or to travel back and forth from home to hostel.

He'll use an external hdd it seems, so let him juggle his game data lol.
if his budget allows, then suggest him to get an internal ssd, modern AAA titles sometimes need faster storage to load their textures properly.

He would prefer a new laptop, currently he's avoiding used laptops.
In that case he should look for Ryzen 5800H and Rtx 3050 and above.
I think Rtx 3060 will be sweet spot.
16gb ram and SSD he can ofcourse add more in future if Laptop allows expandable storage.

Also screen if he can get OLED that be nice but otherwise IPS 144hz .

All this should come around 75k-80k.

Check AMD Advantage laptops. I own one from 2021, Asus. They offer excellent performance and battery back-up in it is superb. Check reviews online once ..

And mine I purchased for around 1.5L, ur budget. You can check for 6600m and 6700m variants.. they'll be cheaper.

Check AMD Advantage laptops. I own one from 2021, Asus. They offer excellent performance and battery back-up in it is superb. Check reviews online once ..

And mine I purchased for around 1.5L, ur budget. You can check for 6600m and 6700m variants.. they'll be cheaper.
Do these come with both AMD CPU and GPU?

Suggest Zephyrus G14/G15. 2021 versions will be within budget. The one and only downside is that no webcam. Other than that they excel at everything: build quality, keyboard, screen, lightweight, battery life.

Suggest Zephyrus G14/G15. 2021 versions will be within budget. The one and only downside is that no webcam. Other than that they excel at everything: build quality, keyboard, screen, lightweight, battery life.
Aah. Same. I have last year's Strix and didn't come with webcam. I think that's how it is with Asus? We can get a USB cam for few hundreds. But it's always convenient to have one on the laptop itself...

Legion 5 2021 Gen 6 is the best 3060 imo (fastest)
See notebook check
U can find it around 115K-120K brand new, 90K-1L used.
Pro is good too but 1440p is bit lacking for 3060 laptop or rather tipping the toes.
Legion display is amazing on par with 30K monitors in terms on colors and 165Hz
I personally have it and its great!

Back