Budget 90k+ Gaming laptop under 1.2Lakhs and some video editing.

Trickshot17

Disciple
Asking for a friend.
Budget : 1 - 1.2 lakhs
Purpose : Primarily Gaming (Casual) and Non-Professional video editing.
Online links also appreciable
Thanks in advance.

Take a look at the Asus Dash F15. Comes with 11th Gen i5 + RTX3060 at under 1 Lac. Should be ideal for your needs!

Take a look at the Asus Dash F15. Comes with 11th Gen i5 + RTX3060 at under 1 Lac. Should be ideal for your needs!
This one looks great. I'll consider this. Thanks a lot.

That's a pretty bad choice tbh since it has an anaemic 4core processor as well as a pretty low powered variant of the GPU. A far better choice in this price range would be the Acer Helios 300 with i7 10870H (8core16thread) and 100W RTX 3060.If your friend can stretch budget by about 20k more, the Asus G15 with Ryzen 7 (or Ryzen 9) 8c16t processor and 100W RTX 3060 will launch at around 1.38L in June. For the extra ~20k or so you get a 1440p 165Hz screen, much larger 90Wh battery, nicer build, higher portability and (subjectively) better aesthetics.
But whichever you go for, either will far outperform the TUF Dash F15 by leaps and bounds.

the TUF also has a pretty poor screen as well - 250nits and just 62.5% sRGB coverage compared to the Helios' 300nits 100% sRGB coverage (both 144hz tho). Forget doing video editing and colour correction, I won't enjoy watching content on such a terrible (for the price range) screen. My current 2yr old 70k laptop with a puny 1650 and 9750H has a better screen than the 1L TUF lol

Also I should add that I recently bought the Helios 300 variant from Flipkart a few days ago and I'm awaiting delivery, so maybe I'm a bit biased but after a thorough 2 weeks of research I concluded there's no better bang for buck in this price range, and for what it's worth my needs are the same as your friend's - gaming (mainly AAA and VR) and video editing, along with music production.
Bought this model specifically a few days ago at 1.11L (after some card cashback), though it was available for 1.07L about a week or so ago:

Last edited:
That's a pretty bad choice tbh since it has an anaemic 4core processor as well as a pretty low powered variant of the GPU. A far better choice in this price range would be the Acer Helios 300 with i7 10870H (8core16thread) and 100W RTX 3060.If your friend can stretch budget by about 20k more, the Asus G15 with Ryzen 7 (or Ryzen 9) 8c16t processor and 100W RTX 3060 will launch at around 1.38L in June. For the extra ~20k or so you get a 1440p 165Hz screen, much larger 90Wh battery, nicer build, higher portability and (subjectively) better aesthetics.
But whichever you go for, either will have far outperform the TUF Dash F15 by leaps and bounds.

the TUF also has a pretty poor screen as well - 250nits and just 62.5% sRGB coverage compared to the Helios' 300nits 100% sRGB coverage (both 144hz tho). Forget doing video editing and colour correction, I won't enjoy watching content on such a terrible (for the price range) screen. My current 2yr old 70k laptop with a puny 1650 and 9750H has a better screen than the 1L TUF lol

Also I should add that I recently bought the Helios 300 variant from Flipkart a few days ago and I'm awaiting delivery, so maybe I'm a bit biased but after a thorough 2 weeks of research I concluded there's no better bang for buck in this price range, and for what it's worth my needs are the same as your friend's - gaming (mainly AAA and VR) and video editing, along with music production.
Bought this model specifically a few days ago at 1.11L (after some card cashback), though it was available for 1.07L about a week or so ago:

Thanks for the info and suggestion.

But whichever you go for, either will far outperform the TUF Dash F15 by leaps and bounds.

For your purposes and budget, I second this model, go for it. The Helios 300 pretty much meets all your needs. @Trickshot17

For your purposes and budget, I second this model, go for it. The Helios 300 pretty much meets all your needs. @Trickshot17
Yep, agreed with @Sammoka. I have shared a few impressions of this laptop so far on the RTX 3XXX thread here in case you are interested
Also some results with overclocking and undervolting are mentioned a bit later in the thread as well if that's something you might find useful

I suggest you wait a bit. RX5x00M laptops are coming and they are competitive with RTX 3000 series graphics, in your case the 5600M which will compete with the RTX 3060. Since they will probably be paired with an AMD CPU, you wouldn't have a core deficit that many offerings what ship with Intel CPUs have. Granted you would lack Ray Tracing/DLSS (which AMD has plans for with Fidelity FX Super Resolution but that's another discussion altogether) and NVENC to list a few. But for general gaming, its better to wait in the long term. As of right now in the Indian Market, there are basically no laptops I'd recommend in your budget. Either they have lackluster graphics, bad thermal design, insufficient processors or are last gen, for which you wouldn't want to splurge on for that price right now.

Edit : The only laptop I'd say is almost worth it is the Helios 300 with i7 10870H with RTX 3060 100W TDP. Nice enough display, 144Hz and 300 Nits. RGB for them extra frames. There have been reports of the GPU locking at 30Watts but that can be solved, Undervolt the processor for thermals, flash a vbios that pushes the TDP of the 3060 to 115W(at your own risk) and you have a very intriguing gaming machine. Although it comes with only one 16gig RAM so you'd need another 16gig or buy two 8gig sticks for dual channel ram for optimal performance. Only downside i think is the chassis design, it might not appeal to everyone and might not have the best thermal design when compared to the competition. But that's just my two cents.

Last edited:
I suggest you wait a bit. RX5x00M laptops are coming and they are competitive with RTX 3000 series graphics, in your case the 5600M which will compete with the RTX 3060. Since they will probably be paired with an AMD CPU, you wouldn't have a core deficit that many offerings what ship with Intel CPUs have. Granted you would lack Ray Tracing/DLSS (which AMD has plans for with Fidelity FX Super Resolution but that's another discussion altogether) and NVENC to list a few. But for general gaming, its better to wait in the long term. As of right now in the Indian Market, there are basically no laptops I'd recommend in your budget. Either they have lackluster graphics, bad thermal design, insufficient processors or are last gen, for which you wouldn't want to splurge on for that price right now.

Edit : The only laptop I'd say is almost worth it is the Helios 300 with i7 10870H with RTX 3060 100W TDP. Nice enough display, 144Hz and 300 Nits. RGB for them extra frames. There have been reports of the GPU locking at 30Watts but that can be solved, Undervolt the processor for thermals, flash a vbios that pushes the TDP of the 3060 to 115W(at your own risk) and you have a very intriguing gaming machine. Although it comes with only one 16gig RAM so you'd need another 16gig or buy two 8gig sticks for dual channel ram for optimal performance. Only downside i think is the chassis design, it might not appeal to everyone and might not have the best thermal design when compared to the competition. But that's just my two cents.
I told him already. He is looking to pass the time because of this covid situation. Anyway Thanks for the suggestion.

Back