Budget 71-90K Gaming Laptop With Good Display Under 80k!

Saint Kopite

Recruit
  • What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.) -> Under 80k INR.
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming) -> Casual gaming + Good Display with colour accuracy for Photo Editing + Multimedia viewing.
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between) -> Casual Gaming with Good Display.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell) -> Open to all as long as they have service centers.
  • Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.) -> I am not a heavy gamer. Would most likely play the NFS racing games or FIFA etc. But I need a very good display because I need good colour accuracy for photoshop related work.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah. There are Asus service centers. No issues with that.

But can that game run games like FIFA, F1, Forza Horizon and NFS etc?
it can but dont expect top tier performance, they'll run on low easily but that's about it with dlss you can get a fair bit of perf more but dont expect any wonders. Honestly, you need to drop the display requirement because your budget simply doesn't support it. No offense

Getting good display under 80k is hard, since most gaming laptops in this budget will cheap out on the display as mentioned in the thread. The asus linked in the thread is going to be the best display u will get since its a OLED. It will be able to play FIFA and NFS on medium-high. Forza, F1 in low-medium.

Yeah. There are Asus service centers. No issues with that.

But can that game run games like FIFA, F1, Forza Horizon and NFS etc?
Yeah those games should not be an issue.

Just make sure and check the reviews of any laptop before buying, especially from good review sites like Notebookcheck. You never know how well the display of a laptop may be calibrated and if the laptop would additionally give an option to manually calibrate the display.

This laptop's display is decently calibrated as per their review Here so it should be fine.

I would recommend getting the Ryzen 7 version of that laptop. The better processor and extra storage will help in increasing the longevity of the laptop. Its going for ~82k before discounts on Amazon - https://www.amazon.in/ASUS-Vivobook...50-Fingerprint-M3500QC-L1712WS/dp/B0C1YWXN9Q/

Could maybe find a better deal elsewhere if you look

I don't know. You can look for some reviews. But under 80k, I think this laptop brings the best balance for this

You could find some laptops like Ideapad Gaming with a higher wattage 3050, TUF A15 with 3050Ti, but they cheap out on display.
it can but dont expect top tier performance, they'll run on low easily but that's about it with dlss you can get a fair bit of perf more but dont expect any wonders. Honestly, you need to drop the display requirement because your budget simply doesn't support it. No offense
Getting good display under 80k is hard, since most gaming laptops in this budget will cheap out on the display as mentioned in the thread. The asus linked in the thread is going to be the best display u will get since its a OLED. It will be able to play FIFA and NFS on medium-high. Forza, F1 in low-medium.
Yeah those games should not be an issue.

Just make sure and check the reviews of any laptop before buying, especially from good review sites like Notebookcheck. You never know how well the display of a laptop may be calibrated and if the laptop would additionally give an option to manually calibrate the display.

This laptop's display is decently calibrated as per their review Here so it should be fine.

I would recommend getting the Ryzen 7 version of that laptop. The better processor and extra storage will help in increasing the longevity of the laptop. Its going for ~82k before discounts on Amazon - https://www.amazon.in/ASUS-Vivobook...50-Fingerprint-M3500QC-L1712WS/dp/B0C1YWXN9Q/

Could maybe find a better deal elsewhere if you look

Ok fellas.

Thanks for the replies.

I was actually going through Lenovo website and tinkered with their customized option.

With promo code and and cashback, I can get a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i with these specs just around 80k.

• Processor : 12th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-12450H Processor (E-cores up to 3.30 GHz P-cores up to 4.40 GHz)
  • Operating System : Windows 11 Home Single Language 64
  • Operating System Language : Windows 11 Home 64 Single Language English
  • Microsoft Productivity Software : Microsoft Office Home and Student 2021 India
  • Memory : 16 GB SO-DIMM DDR4 3200MHz
  • Second Solid State Drive : 512 GB SSD M.2 2242 PCIe Gen4 TLC
  • Display : 39.62cms (15.6) FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS, Anti-Glare, Non-Touch, 100% sRGB, 300 Nits, 165Hz
  • Graphic Card : NVIDIA GeForce® RTX™ 3050 Ti 4GB GDDR6
  • Camera : HD with Dual Microphone
  • Color : Onyx Grey
  • Keyboard : 4 Zone RGB Backlit, Storm Grey - English
  • Wireless : 11AX (2x2) & Bluetooth® 5.1
  • Surface Treatment : Painting
  • Palmrest : PC/ABS
  • Battery : 4 cell, 60Wh, Upto 7 hours
  • Power Cord : 170W Slim (3pin)-India
  • Language Pack : Publication - Polish/Portuguese/English
  • Warranty : 1 Year Courier or Carry-in
Along with Additional 2 YR Warranty + 2 YR Premium Care + 2 YR Accidental Damage Protection.

What do you guys reckon? A good deal?

Based on my limited research and knowledge feels like it more or less ticks all my needs.

Also, I can get the i7 version for 8k more. Worth it? Just to be future proof? I can stretch it till 85k-86k INR.

Had to search a bit to find detailed review for 165Hz panel. It seems to be a good display. One of the best in a budget laptop. The 120Hz screen for the same lap is average having lesser AdobeRGB coverage and slightly less brightness.

As for your question whether to get i7, I would say go for it. 8k seems like a low amount to get +5-10 % single core performance and 33-43% multi core performance. See the benchmark scores in the linked site. Real world difference is less, but always good to have some headroom. (If you are doing video editing i7 is a must, for photo editing for i5 and i7 are fine).

Along with Additional 2 YR Warranty + 2 YR Premium Care + 2 YR Accidental Damage Protection.
Idk how much this is worth, but looks like a good deal if u are getting all this along with laptop under 80k.

Overall, I think its an average - good deal. 3050 Ti 4 GB is probably the weakest part in this.
(I assumed the i7 will be 12650H. If it is 12700H, then it is even better.)

Had to search a bit to find detailed review for 165Hz panel. It seems to be a good display. One of the best in a budget laptop. The 120Hz screen for the same lap is average having lesser AdobeRGB coverage and slightly less brightness.

As for your question whether to get i7, I would say go for it. 8k seems like a low amount to get +5-10 % single core performance and 33-43% multi core performance. See the benchmark scores in the linked site. Real world difference is less, but always good to have some headroom. (If you are doing video editing i7 is a must, for photo editing for i5 and i7 are fine).

Idk how much this is worth, but looks like a good deal if u are getting all this along with laptop under 80k.

Overall, I think its an average - good deal. 3050 Ti 4 GB is probably the weakest part in this.
(I assumed the i7 will be 12650H. If it is 12700H, then it is even better.)

The 2 Years Warranty + 2 Years ADP will cost Rs. 2999.

Yeah. I was willing to pay around 5k extra for 3060 6 GB GPU but unfortunately that option isn't available to add to this.

And yes, i7 will be 12650H.

Back