Budget 90k+ gaming laptop

Is it light gaming or ultra gaming? OP suggests you want longevity, if so avoid buying the highest power parts for any chassis, whether XPS or G14. You can't get around the laws of thermodynamics. I can understand if you want a better GPU but anything beyond the 4800HS is a waste. To me it seems like you need to take some time to think about what you really want and clear some misconceptions.

You're right about the res. however, 1080p@120hz is way better for your use-case than UHD/QHD@60hz.

Re: Portability, every laptop is portable...sort of. What I'm trying to ask is how much of a weight penalty/performance hit you're willing to take/give up to pursue extra portability beyond what a normal laptop offers? Look at some of the Zephyrus S models since you seem to be okay with moving upto 15-inch.

please give your guidance and everyone else also.

models ,

ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14, 14" FHD 120Hz, Ryzen 7 4800HS, RTX 2060 Max Q 6GB GDDR6 Graphics, Gaming Laptop (16GB/1TB SSD/MS Office 2019/Windows 10/Eclipse Gray/Anime Matrix/1.7 Kg), GA401IV-HE184TS
price unknown

Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-51 36.9 Cm (15.6 In) FHD IPS Gaming Notebook (Intel Core I7 9th Gen/16GB/2 TB SSD/Win 10/ 8GB Of RTX 2080 Graphics With Max-Q Design/ Black
price 219000

New XPS 17 9700 Laptop
10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-10750H (12MB Cache, up to 5.0 GHz, 6 cores), Windows 10 Pro (64bit) English, (Dell recommends Windows 10 Pro for business), NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6, 16GB DDR4-2933MHz, 2x8G, 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
price 235000

i feel acer triton 500 is best option for me as i want to do gaming but i cant get over the looks of the xps 17 and its build, design and screen.

need to last atleast 5 years,
ill be doing gaming, daily use but no am happy to even game at medium settings, ultra is not a compulsion. i only play games like xcom, red dead, gta, witcher. i dont play csgo, cod, pubg and fornite shooter games.
photo and light video editing.
please guide. am happy to wait a month or two for sale to start. please recommend other models if u know any like asus g15 strix or any other.

PS: every time i find a more value laptop than the xps 17 (all of them) , the xps 17 comes in my sleep and whispers in my ear. " dear brother, do not go to enemies, we r one."

Last edited:
Haha, I can understand your feelings. If you really want the XPS, go for it. You'd be buying more of a work laptop rather than something for gaming however and prioritizing build/longevity over performance (gaming or otherwise).

The Triton is sort of a mixed bag, has plenty of performance but is paired to a normal display. This might not be a factor if you plan on connecting it to a monitor while gaming.

The G14 is the best balance of performance, value, build and portability, which is why it is an easy recommendation. Ultimately this is a choice that you have to make.

Haha, I can understand your feelings. If you really want the XPS, go for it. You'd be buying more of a work laptop rather than something for gaming however and prioritizing build/longevity over performance (gaming or otherwise).

The Triton is sort of a mixed bag, has plenty of performance but is paired to a normal display. This might not be a factor if you plan on connecting it to a monitor while gaming.

The G14 is the best balance of performance, value, build and portability, which is why it is an easy recommendation. Ultimately this is a choice that you have to make.
"Prioritizing build/longevity over performance (gaming or otherwise)." is longer true for Dell laptops. They started using lower quality batteries a few years back, I think it lasts for 400 cycles vs 1000 cycles in most others, something like that. My Alienware m15's battery wear is at 50% just after 1.5 years, now its starting to puff up. A friend of mine has Alienware 15 R4 (i think, older thick one), he got 50% in 1 year as well. Bad thermals can deteriorate products faster in the long run, maybe that degraded my battery faster.

So, Dell's price premium doesn't seem justified these days & prices of Dell laptops are similar to others in US, in India they cost more compared to the competition. I think Dell is banking on its reputation & has enough business customer orders here.

I agree that even the XPS range isn't what it used to be. That said, it has held on better than most other series. While build/longevity are important, recommendations cannot be made for them to the exclusion of all else. Further complicating this is that some decisions are made from the heart, not the head. As such, if someone has their heart set on a particular design, its hard to make an objective case against it. The build quality is still relatively good however (some components notwithstanding), but that's not enough to justify the price.

You've hit the nail on the head with the business market, those companies are their primary customers and they have contracts that ensure bulk sales for their employees. Issues like a weak battery etc will get taken care of by an IT maintenance schedule.

Back