Gaming Laptops for 50K

abhijit945

Recruit
I have searched for such and got some details:
HP Envy 15
Dell Studio XPS 16
HP pavillion DV6-2020 AX [I know it is costlier than 50k :( ]

I am aiming at 4GB RAM,i3/i5 with turbo,500gb HDD,preferably Radeon
anythin with these specs and budget is highly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance... :hap2:

ALl your requirements come fulfilled by ACER 5740G ( i5 + 4GBRAM + 500GB HDD + ATI 5650 1GB DX11 card ) :) And price ?? Only 43-44k depending on the place.

hi man ,look for gaming laptops from Asus & MSI,both are rugged & reliable, few models are officially available in India now..........GOR FOR IT.

no exceptional heating on acer whatsoever. the 5xxx series kicks 4570's ass by a HUGE margin. Dell's GPU suck. And snce you want a gaming rig, dell shoudl be out unless you get a non 4570 machine.

4570 is a low level GPU. anything upwards of 4650 should be kick ass for your needs!

AFAIK none of the laptops from Dell, HP etc have not introduced the Radeon 5650 GPU on their lineup, YET! The Acer 5740G is your best bet.

If you could extend your budget upto 55k, you might as well get a Sony VAIO VPCCW26FG with i5, GT330M, 4GB DDR3, 500GB. I have been using it for almost a month now and overall been very happy with it. Although I might have liked a slightly bigger screen for gaming, the 14" offers great portability.

Acer 5740 simply rocks.

It's build is really sturdy but looks are a bit docile for what it stores under the hood.
Display is giving nice crisp output and colors are vibrant thanks to its glossy surface.

Its running really cool(big improvement on Acer's part) does not go hot beyond 46C idle/720p movies and 65C while gaming(as compared to DellStudio15 and Vaio's whereas HP's the hottest one). These are pretty good temperature for such a power-horse subtract 1-2C temps if you're planning to use a lappy cooler pad(Belkin one will do just fine).

Its giving me complete 3hrs battery life, 2.5hrs while watching 720P movies and 1.5hrs while gaming(CODMW2).

The icing on the cake is its price tag Rs.43K w/bag. Add 4.7K to get 3yrs warranty all parts and labor covered.

P.S. 1gbATI5650 outperforms nVidiaG330M by quite some margin(I'd checked its performance on my friends lappy). If you want I can PM you 3DMarkVantage scores for Acer5740. PM me if you have any more queries regarding Acer5740.

Cheers.

If you can get one from US then get the asus n51vn-x1a has 2 year global warranty and one accidental damage warranty and specs are pretty neat too.

I have been using it from past 6 months runs super silent and cool(gets a bit hot during some long gaming sessions) but overall worth the money.

Back