Budget 41-50k Gaming PC around 50-60k

MegaMind12

Recruit
Hey guys! It's my first time building a pc, here are the components I had planned, I'd mostly like to know if they're the best choice within the budget, any suggestions to improve performance within the budget and/or to reduce costs are welcome. Thank you!
Primary purpose: Gaming and programming
Budget: 50-60k (includes monitor)
CPU: amd ryzen 5 5500gt
CABNINET: Zebronics Zeb-Cronus Premium Gaming Cabinet
RAM: ADATA GAMMIX D30 DDR4 8 GB x2
SSD: Crucial P3 1TB PCIe 3.0
GPU: GIGABYTE Geforce RTX 3060 WINDFORCE OC 12GB (Planning to get this preowned to reduce costs)
MONITOR: GEONIX 22 Inch Monitor, FHD IPS, 75Hz
PSU: Circle CG RAW POWER 550 WATTS
MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450M Pro-Vdh Max Gaming Fullat Motherboard Ddr4

There's no reason to get a 5500GT, with an integrated GPU, if you are adding a separate GPU anyhow.

Also LOL @ that no name monitor and PSU

Hey guys! It's my first time building a pc, here are the components I had planned, I'd mostly like to know if they're the best choice within the budget, any suggestions to improve performance within the budget and/or to reduce costs are welcome. Thank you!
Primary purpose: Gaming and programming
Budget: 50-60k (includes monitor)
CPU: amd ryzen 5 5500gt
CABNINET: Zebronics Zeb-Cronus Premium Gaming Cabinet
RAM: ADATA GAMMIX D30 DDR4 8 GB x2
SSD: Crucial P3 1TB PCIe 3.0
GPU: GIGABYTE Geforce RTX 3060 WINDFORCE OC 12GB (Planning to get this preowned to reduce costs)
MONITOR: GEONIX 22 Inch Monitor, FHD IPS, 75Hz
PSU: Circle CG RAW POWER 550 WATTS
MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450M Pro-Vdh Max Gaming Fullat Motherboard Ddr4
Instead of the 5500GT get the 5600 its almost the same price but has superior gaming performance due to larger L3 cache.
Be sure to check if the motherboard supports ryzen 5000 processors some b450 motherboards didn't.
Don't get two separate 8gb ram sticks and try and run them in dual channel it might not work just get a kit it won't be that much more expensive. Example:
https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...0mhz-desktop-ram-black-tf3d416g3200hc16fdc01/
Get this monitor instead:
https://www.amazon.in/Acer-1920x108...pcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG
Get this psu instead:
https://www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-...f550d-power-supply-r-pf550d-ha0b-uk?limit=100
I think you should go with a better motherboard as well but the chosen one works fine as well and also do check on other websites for better prices on all the components as well.

If you are running a 3060 u dont need a high power supply so you could check this out instead

And here's another alternate build i made for you, feel free to edit the parts as u like.

_202406291204.jpg

With the monitor you were deciding on , it should add upto 62k . And heres an alternate monitor you could consider to help u fit in that same price range.

Would highly recommend u to get a good quality power supply like the one listed here. the one listed has been rated to be pretty good in mulitple forums so its trustworthy for the price.

If you are running a 3060 u dont need a high power supply so you could check this out instead

And here's another alternate build i made for you, feel free to edit the parts as u like.

View attachment 200243

With the monitor you were deciding on , it should add upto 62k . And heres an alternate monitor you could consider to help u fit in that same price range.

Would highly recommend u to get a good quality power supply like the one listed here. the one listed has been rated to be pretty good in mulitple forums so its trustworthy for the price.
I would recommend not going for a H series or an AMD A series board ever in a gaming rig, as you will be utilizing a good amount of power for you cpu most of the time and the VRMs on those boards are not capable of handling it. Also for that price you can easily get a 750 watt 80 plus gold psu and that will be required as the 12400F can easily go above its max rated power of 120watts, plus the ram is in a single channel configuration a dual channel doesn't cost that much more.

Replace below with some Good Quality Brand

Zebronics
Circle
Geonix

few thousands what you intended to save using above brand will prove very costly for your system/work/you.

I would recommend not going for a H series or an AMD A series board ever in a gaming rig, as you will be utilizing a good amount of power for you cpu most of the time and the VRMs on those boards are not capable of handling it. Also for that price you can easily get a 750 watt 80 plus gold psu and that will be required as the 12400F can easily go above its max rated power of 120watts, plus the ram is in a single channel configuration a dual channel doesn't cost that much more.
Considering his budget a H series motherboard is more than okay, i have atleast 3 friends running it and no where online do they say it can cause any problems. Is it the best possible? No, but its the best for his budget. a 750w plus gold in his budget dosent make any sense considering his gpu and the cooler master series which is the best VFM in india costs close to 9k for the 750W, do list a better supply if you know of any, as id love to get one myself.

And I have been personally using a PC with a 3070ti and an i5 12400 and it hasnt ever gone above 117W even when i stress tested so considering his budget and a 3060 a 550W should be plenty

And the reason i suggest a single stick 16gb is so in the future when he expands he will get duel channel if he decided to go for 32. And since it isnt AMD the duel channel isn't always required so why waste money

Here's the list u can look at for PSU ranking

The power supply u recommended was a 550 watt supply from deepcool which is tier C so why were you suggesting me to recommend a 750W when its just pure overkill for a 3060

Last edited:
750W, do list a better supply if you know of any, as id love to get one myself
Here is a 750 watt 80 plus bronze psu which has active pfc and a 5 year warranty from deepcool:

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...-series-pk750d-power-supply-r-pk750d-fa0b-uk/

A few months ago you could also find 80 plus gold ones for pretty much the same price but I guess they are sold out or the price has gone up since. The reason I suggest their power supplies considering the efficiency test I have seen on youtube for myself and also because they are cheaper (a very important consideration for this build as the op also wanted a monitor in the same budget) and offer very reasonable warranty, a higher end choice for me would be gigabyte or msi (atx3.0) power supplies for pretty much the same reasons. A 750 watt psu should only cost 9k if it is at least atx3.0 otherwise my friend you are clearly getting ripped off.

The power supply u recommended was a 550 watt supply from deepcool which is tier C so why were you suggesting me to recommend a 750W when its just pure overkill for a 3060
The reason I suggested a 750 watt psu for your build was because........... well I mentioned the reason in my post:
a 750 watt 80 plus gold psu and that will be required as the 12400F can easily go above its max rated power of 120watts
I recommended a 550 psu because well in my parts list I advised the op to get a 5600 with a TDP of 65 watts which it rarely exceeds as it is very efficient (gotta save the planet you know) and a psu is something that most people upgrade the last in their pc as they mostly last several years without much problems so any new upgrade might add new higher power need so imo, no a 750 watt psu will not be so "OVERKILL". Also I said that at they price you have given you could get a 750 watt psu for about the same price.
And the reason i suggest a single stick 16gb is so in the future when he expands he will get duel channel if he decided to go for 32
You should also not do that I have already warned the op against doing exactly that in my original comment, it can work but some times it just doesn't (there are a lot of problems such as the ram timings not matching or the motherboard just not supporting both the ram sticks together... etc, you can look it up if you want) and they you have wasted your money and time and also another reason for not using single channel is that it affects the gaming performance which is is the exact reason the person wants to build the pc, to game and it not just an AMD problem it is the same case with Intel also.

no where online do they say it can cause any problems
It does, and you would have to cool the vrms separately or set the cpu power limit to a max of 90w. Also it is an problem for future upgrades as intel is has the same socket for 13th as well as 14th gen so if the person decides to upgrade 1-2 years down the line they don't have to upgrade the motherboard as well due to power constraints. Also please do tell which motherboard you are using with your 12400 because if it a H610 I highly recommend you upgrade to the B760 would be surprised but a motherboard can also make a difference in terms of performance to see you can just check a motherboard roundup video from Hardware Unboxed.

Also I would like to say that the next time you make a build keep in mind the needs of the op as you didn't suggest a monitor included in the budget which need I say can make a huge difference in your gaming experience.

I don't have anything personal against you and I am not being passive aggressive as I might come across that I am. I just didn't like the suggestions that you made and I don't think that they made much sense.

Screenshot 2024-06-30 003219.png

Here is a 750 watt 80 plus bronze psu which has active pfc and a 5 year warranty from deepcool:

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...-series-pk750d-power-supply-r-pk750d-fa0b-uk/

A few months ago you could also find 80 plus gold ones for pretty much the same price but I guess they are sold out or the price has gone up since. The reason I suggest their power supplies considering the efficiency test I have seen on youtube for myself and also because they are cheaper (a very important consideration for this build as the op also wanted a monitor in the same budget) and offer very reasonable warranty, a higher end choice for me would be gigabyte or msi (atx3.0) power supplies for pretty much the same reasons. A 750 watt psu should only cost 9k if it is at least atx3.0 otherwise my friend you are clearly getting ripped off.

The reason I suggested a 750 watt psu for your build was because........... well I mentioned the reason in my post:

I recommended a 550 psu because well in my parts list I advised the op to get a 5600 with a TDP of 65 watts which it rarely exceeds as it is very efficient (gotta save the planet you know) and a psu is something that most people upgrade the last in their pc as they mostly last several years without much problems so any new upgrade might add new higher power need so imo, no a 750 watt psu will not be so "OVERKILL". Also I said that at they price you have given you could get a 750 watt psu for about the same price.

You should also not do that I have already warned the op against doing exactly that in my original comment, it can work but some times it just doesn't (there are a lot of problems such as the ram timings not matching or the motherboard just not supporting both the ram sticks together... etc, you can look it up if you want) and they you have wasted your money and time and also another reason for not using single channel is that it affects the gaming performance which is is the exact reason the person wants to build the pc, to game and it not just an AMD problem it is the same case with Intel also.

It does, and you would have to cool the vrms separately or set the cpu power limit to a max of 90w. Also it is an problem for future upgrades as intel is has the same socket for 13th as well as 14th gen so if the person decides to upgrade 1-2 years down the line they don't have to upgrade the motherboard as well due to power constraints. Also please do tell which motherboard you are using with your 12400 because if it a H610 I highly recommend you upgrade to the B760 would be surprised but a motherboard can also make a difference in terms of performance to see you can just check a motherboard roundup video from Hardware Unboxed.

Also I would like to say that the next time you make a build keep in mind the needs of the op as you didn't suggest a monitor included in the budget which need I say can make a huge difference in your gaming experience.

I don't have anything personal against you and I am not being passive aggressive as I might come across that I am. I just didn't like the suggestions that you made and I don't think that they made much sense.

View attachment 200294
the power supply u mentioned here is again the tier C of the power supply list regardless of however high it may be i wouldnt want to risk going any lower than B if im going for high power supply.

Also i dont disagree with taking a higher power rating for power supply but you need to see the budget he has. Its physically not possible to take anything else if he wants a 3060 and going for a higher power supply just means throwing money in the gutter since those are around expensive.

I havent seen properly about deepcool but i woudnt trust that power supply if i have to be honest. And when cooler master provides a much better power supply for around a lil more no real reason to take a lower tier power supply.

a higher power rating is preferred for upgrade path but when its the best his budget can fit no reason to spend that extra money on a power supply when it can be used elsewhere.

And for the motherboard im using a b series cuz i got it on a sale from the USA but i have a friend running it on a h series and its okay.

I understand that there are some issues with upgradability with the build i have provided him but it was the best i could make given his budget and i wanted to make the best build for his budget today not for how he might upgrade tom. u cant have the best performance per rupee and have upgradability at the same time

And except for the gpu if its for gaming, i dont see reason to upgrade for the next few years, i dont see his cpu being a bottleneck.

Also no offense taken, no worries lol

Back