Budget 90k+ Gaming PC for 100K

Audi0slave
Unnecessary spending on that motherboard, it's totally not worth it, atleast if you go by Indian pricing. No matter how expensive a board you buy, there are enough chances it will go kaput.
What's the use ?. Anyways it is your choice.
Also you need a cooler with those monster CPUs now!. Get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo if you are falling short of budget, it is also a nice performer till 4 GHz generally, sometimes 4.2, but you cannot do with a stock cooler mate. This is Ivy bridge not Sandy bridge.

So much delay! But finally I all the funds now and I need to buy it this weekend. I was half tempted to purchase everything off flipkart two days back but from some of the prices I checked on SMC International's website its seems pointless.

Did a little reading around this time and I have a couple of stuff in mind would very much appreciate any last minute words.

CPU - I'm now content with i5 3570k, I did a lot of reading behind this and don't see myself needing a 3770k at all.
RAM - Corsair/GSkill 16GB 1866 Mhz.
Cabinet - Corsair 400R or some Coolermaster cabinet in the same range, will leave this on availability.
Cooling - SVG HOC 40
Motherboard - This is the part that's confusing me the most. All of my requirements are being met by the GIGABYTE-Z77X-UD3H which I think retails for 12-13k. I can easily go for a board like ASUS P8Z77-V PRO/Sabertooth Z77 but can't really decide on whether I should spend extra on them. I tried reading some reviews on them but my puny little brain can't seem to make head or tails of what was in them.
GPU- From what I've read a 660ti is more than enough for 1080p gaming but I plan to keep this rig for a long time so planning to get this Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R797OC-3GD 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com unless SMC can provide a better deal.
SSD - Corsair's 180GB SSD's hit the sweet spot when it comes to my budget. But if there is any problem with them I will go for the Crucial M4 128 gb one.
Headphone/Soundcard - This is the part that's hurting me the most. From my interactions with the people I play and the opinions of various anons on the interwebs everyone is crazy for this combo, Audio Technica AD 700 + Asus Xonar DX. Its still no where near what I intended to spend on them but I really want to see what's so special about these.

Motherboard - This is the part that's confusing me the most. All of my requirements are being met by the GIGABYTE-Z77X-UD3H which I think retails for 12-13k. I can easily go for a board like ASUS P8Z77-V PRO/Sabertooth Z77 but can't really decide on whether I should spend extra on them. I tried reading some reviews on them but my puny little brain can't seem to make head or tails of what was in them.
GPU- From what I've read a 660ti is more than enough for 1080p gaming but I plan to keep this rig for a long time so planning to get this Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R797OC-3GD 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com unless SMC can provide a better deal.
SSD - Corsair's 180GB SSD's hit the sweet spot when it comes to my budget. But if there is any problem with them I will go for the Crucial M4 128 gb one.

I suggest that you go for the GIGABYTE-Z77X-UD3H, the performance is good (4.8GHz on air), the price is palatable and not a lot of mutterings around.
I have to say that or overall impression from Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H and GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI mainboards is highly positive. In fact, we didn’t have any serious problems with these boards during our test session. The only disappointment was their high power consumption, especially of the top model. Both these mainboards have convenient layout, rich functionality, good overclocking potential and a variety of proprietary technologies and features such as 3D Power, 3D BIOS, Ultra Durable 4. Their distinguishing feature is the mSATA connector that will let you take advantage of such technologies as Intel Smart Response or Intel Rapid Start. The presence of two BIOS chips now has huge practical value, because the convenient onboard switch allows you to work with either of them independently. We were very pleased with such nice extras as Power On, Reset and Clear CMOS buttons, POST-code indicator and special voltage control points. Numerous improvements in the new version of Gigabyte 3D BIOS make fine-tuning and overclocking even easier and faster, all the small issues we pointed out previously have been successfully fixed.

For graphics card I suggest that you go for the Sapphire HD7950 3GB Vapor-X Edition. The base core-clock is ~850MHz and an one-touch over-clock function will raise it to ~950MHz increasing the performance to GTX670 levels. Sapphire AMD VAPOR-X HD 7950 OC with Boost 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Sapphire: Flipkart.com

I still suggest that you go for the Crucial M4 128GB OR 256GB SSD.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Got myself these today from Cost to Cost, Nehru Place.

i5 3570k - 13000
Asus p8z77 V pro - 16500
Corsair Vengeance 8GBx2 - 5900
Corsair 400R - 4700
Razer DA - 2400

5% vat extra on all of the above.

Also ordered Audio Technica ATH- AD 700 + Asus Xonar DX for 12200 from proaudiohome.com will hopefully get them by Wednesday.

GPU prices were usually higher even than flipkart :(, except the Sapphire 7970 vapor x one which was 32.3k. Think I'm gonna order this today Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R797OC-3GD 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com. This is the cheapest 7970 card I can find at 29k shipped and its factory overclocked as well. Though after a little bit of research I found some of the revisions of this card has locked voltage which doesn't seem to cause any problem for me.

Still stuck on what SSD to get, prices at Nehru Place were atrocious and now I see why @ALPHA17 takes a lot of pain to mention onlyssd.com frequently (thanks for that). Anyways I've been reading up on a lot of SSD's and don't see myself getting the OCZ Vertex 4 cause it has significant real world performance drop at loads greater than 50-60% otherwise its a top notch drive. Crucial M4's are not available at 128GB and Corsair Neutrons have various different problems at load again.

Will be ordering the SVG HOC 40 when I talk to their rep tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got myself these today from Cost to Cost, Nehru Place.

i5 3570k - 13000
Asus p8z77 V pro - 16500
Corsair Vengeance 8GBx2 - 5900
Corsair 400R - 4700
Razer DA - 2400

Nice to know that you were able to get most of the core components in Delhi itself.

Yes, I noticed SSD prices are on the whole ridiculously inflated everywhere in the country apart from Bangalore and Bombay (personal experience). Makes onlyssd a real asset.

Luckily my neutron gtx performs flawlessly at the moment, though might be too early to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to know that you were able to get most of the core components in Delhi itself.

Yes, I noticed SSD prices are on the whole ridiculously inflated everywhere in the country apart from Bangalore and Bombay (personal experience). Makes onlyssd a real asset.

Well it is because of heavy competition, I guess you might have gone to these places like lamington road, there are literally 100s of shops = that many competitors. Also many small online dealers trying to fight it out, it becomes almost impossible to keep those mad prices we get at many places including my local place. There are many small shops around but also is a sort of uncontested king here who overcharges for everything. Many ignorant people or those who cant find time to go to far off places to buy stuff, they settle for this guy.

Well it is because of heavy competition, I guess you might have gone to these places like lamington road, there are literally 100s of shops = that many competitors. Also many small online dealers trying to fight it out, it becomes almost impossible to keep those mad prices we get at many places including my local place. There are many small shops around but also is a sort of uncontested king here who overcharges for everything. Many ignorant people or those who cant find time to go to far off places to buy stuff, they settle for this guy.

^^ Nehru Place is Delhi's format of Lamington Rd. Only problem, there is not much demand for premium components and very constricted variety due to which we still need to get such peripherals and components from Bombay OR some online retailers. =|

Received my Headphones and sound card. A very new experience for me as I've always stuck with generic Philip headphones and it looks quite promising. I see now why people recommend these for gaming as positional accuracy is phenomenal, I can pinpoint people just via the sounds they make.

Also got sick of the synthetic benchmarks on SSD's and ordered a Corsair 120 GB Neutron GTX. Real world performance for most of the drives are similar and with Corsair's warranty I don't think I will have any problems.

EDIT:

Picked up a Sapphire 7970 VaporX for 31K from Computer Empire.

Back