Budget 31-40k Gaming PC within 40 K

Hi Guys,
Posting again after long. i had postponed the plan to upgrade my pc. finally getting a upgrade this week. Also the budget has increased. The final config is :

Core i5 4590 - 13.8K / 4460 - 11.6K
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H - 5.7 K
Sapphire Radeon R9 270X (September Purchase) - 14.6 K
WD Caviar Green1 TB - 3.6 K
Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB - 3200 x 2

As mentioned i will be using this rig only for development, browsing and playing FIFA 15 (and future series). I want your advice
1. Whether for the purpose mentioned above spending 2k extra on 4590 is worth it ?
2. Since ill be only playing FIFA 15 and next versions of the same, is the R9 270X an overkill. ?

Rahul

guys please reply regarding my question 2 above .

Hi,
Finally ordered the following from flipkart :
Sapphire R9 270X
Seasonic SII 620 W
Corsair Vengeance 4Gb x 2
WD 1 TB HDD

Still have to buy the CPU+Mobo

I have shortlisted i5 4460 but after reading a few posts i am confused about the motherboard.
which one is a better option Gigabyte B85 D3H or Asus H97M-E. Have read that Gigabyte B85 D3H is not directly compatible with this processor.
Can anyone please confirm the same.
Want to buy this by the end of this week .

Hi,
Finally ordered the following from flipkart :
Sapphire R9 270X
Seasonic SII 620 W
Corsair Vengeance 4Gb x 2
WD 1 TB HDD

Still have to buy the CPU+Mobo

I have shortlisted i5 4460 but after reading a few posts i am confused about the motherboard.
which one is a better option Gigabyte B85 D3H or Asus H97M-E. Have read that Gigabyte B85 D3H is not directly compatible with this processor.

I don't think there is any compatibility issue. I use a Gigabyte B85 DS3H (same as D3H except for the SPDIF output) with i5 4440 ( basically the same but 4460 has a little higher clock speed). And there is absolutely no compatibility issue. Can you give me the source of your compatibility issue claim?

You would be better with H97 based board.

I don't think there is any compatibility issue. I use a Gigabyte B85 DS3H (same as D3H except for the SPDIF output) with i5 4440 ( basically the same but 4460 has a little higher clock speed). And there is absolutely no compatibility issue. Can you give me the source of your compatibility issue claim?

i5 4460 is a Haswell Refresh CPU where as i5 4440 is Haswell CPU. i5 4460 will work with 9 series chipset based motherboard out of the box, where as boards with 8 series chipset will need a BIOS update :)

You would be better with H97 based board.

i5 4460 is a Haswell Refresh CPU where as i5 4440 is Haswell CPU. i5 4460 will work with 9 series chipset based motherboard out of the box, where as boards with 8 series chipset will need a BIOS update :)

Yeah i have read regarding the need for a BIOS update. But i have also read people denying the need for the update as the Gigabyte website shows that the 4460 is compatible with the version 1.0 of the BIOS.[DOUBLEPOST=1413264762][/DOUBLEPOST]Finally the Rig is complete. Ordered the 4460 and the Gigabyte B85-D3H from Amazon yesterday.
Hopefully wont have any issues relating to the BIOS update.

Back