Budget 21-30k Gaming PC without monitor

matrixvipin

Disciple
  1. Q: What is your budget?
    • 25k to 30k max.
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Nothing special to mention, 10yrs old pc.
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell IN2030M
    • dvdwr
    • speakers, keyboard, mouse.
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - any intel or amd
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU
    • ram
    • cabinet, smps
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Pune
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No.
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • arkham city, crysis, assassin creed, gta, nfs, COD, far cry.
    • high settings
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - Best available
    2. Desktop - 1600x900(I think thats max my monitor can handle)
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • Don't think there is a need but if available in my budget then will do.
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 & 8 64 bit

So I need every except moitor, dvdwr, speakers, keyboard, mouse.

@matrixvipin this is what I suggest --

Intel Core i3 2120 ~6500/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1700/- [get 1x 4GB module now and add the another one ~3 months down the line]
AMD HD7770 GHz ~9500/- OR AMD HD7850 2GB ~16500/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4200/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~4200/-
NZXT Gamma OR Bit Fenix Merc Alpha ~2600/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

P.S. -- talk to @havoknation, he can help you with these components in Pune.

Last edited by a moderator:
Intel i3 2120-6.4k
Gigabyte B75M D3H-4.5k
Corsair Vengeance OR Gskill Ripjaws 2X2GB 1600mhz-1.6k
Sapphire HD7770-9k
Corsair CX430V2-2.4k
Nzxt Gamma-2.4k
You will be able to play games @Medium settings but not High setting as for High setting you'll have to get HD7850-16k OR similar GPU.
Hope this helps.:)

But is i3 future proof? I was thinking atleast I should buy i5 2500 or amd fx6100. Do you think its right to spend thrice the amount for GPU instead of CPU? Isn't there any better card till 6 to 7k and rest amount to spend on better CPU and still able to play games in high setting?:unsure:

Just want buy better pc bcoz I am buying this one after 12 yrs, my current pc is amd 1.6ghz sempron with fx5500 gpu. So I want it future proof as I am not frequent buyer but yes I can upgrade in some periods.

If you want to play games @High settings then you'd get 15k GPU as games are GPU powered then CPU,The old games didn't have graphic detail as new one's so it doesn't work that way now.As mentioned above you'd increase the budget and get HD7850 to play games on higher setting.You can go for i5 2400-10.5k but you'd have to add 2-3k more.
But is i3 future proof? I was thinking atleast I should buy i5 2500 or amd fx6100. Do you think its right to spend thrice the amount for GPU instead of CPU? Isn't there any better card till 6 to 7k and rest amount to spend on better CPU and still able to play games in high setting?:unsure:

Just want buy better pc bcoz I am buying this one after 12 yrs, my current pc is amd 1.6ghz sempron with fx5500 gpu. So I want it future proof as I am not frequent buyer but yes I can upgrade in some periods.

If you want to play games @High settings then you'd get 15k GPU as games are GPU powered then CPU,The old games didn't have graphic detail as new one's so it doesn't work that way now.As mentioned above you'd increase the budget and get HD7850 to play games on higher setting.You can go for i5 2400-10.5k but you'd have to add 2-3k more.

Thanks I would definately go for i5 2400 by increasing little but budget.
Is there any other less costly website other than flipkart?

I will be buying in a week.

Thanks I would definately go for i5 2400 by increasing little but budget.
Is there any other less costly website other than flipkart?

I will be buying in a week.

Look at hardwire.in, Prime ABGB and The ITWares and I already told you about Havok Nation, it is a computer shop in Pune. He is a member here too.

Tagging him again -- @havoknation.

But is i3 future proof? I was thinking atleast I should buy i5 2500 or amd fx6100. Do you think its right to spend thrice the amount for GPU instead of CPU? Isn't there any better card till 6 to 7k and rest amount to spend on better CPU and still able to play games in high setting?

The games these days are not affected by a multi-core processor, they can hardly saturate dual-cores completely.

There is not a great difference in frame-rates between a Core i3 and i5. It is just in RTS genre games that you will see performance trailing a little. The AMD FX-series processors gaming performance is poorer OR at par with the Core i3 and they are way more inefficient than the Intel offerings.

Here are benchmark runs --
Core i3 2100 vs. AMD FX-8150 (top of the line AMD FX processor) -- http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/434?vs=289.
Core i3 vs. Core i5 2500k -- http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/288?vs=289\

The Core i3 should be good for intensive gaming till ~2014 after that it might start showing its age.

Look at hardwire.in, Prime ABGB and The ITWares and I already told you about Havok Nation, it is a computer shop in Pune. He is a member here too.

Tagging him again -- havoknation.

The games these days are not affected by a multi-core processor, they can hardly saturate dual-cores completely.

There is not a great difference in frame-rates between a Core i3 and i5. It is just in RTS genre games that you will see performance trailing a little. The AMD FX-series processors gaming performance is poorer OR at par with the Core i3 and they are way more inefficient than the Intel offerings.

Here are benchmark runs --
Core i3 2100 vs. AMD FX-8150 (top of the line AMD FX processor) -- AnandTech - Bench - CPU.
Core i3 vs. Core i5 2500k -- AnandTech - Bench - CPU\

The Core i3 should be good for intensive gaming till ~2014 after that it might start showing its age.

Thanks for your efforts buddy, I will now compare price and post my new pc pics here after I bought it.

Again thanks a lot both of you guys. :)

If you are interested in second hand purchase I can help you
To get
Intel I5 2500 with Asus p8z77 v pro
Intel c2d e8400 with Asus p5kpl-amps
Amd x4 955be with Asus m4a88
A xfx 6950 2gb
A hd 4850
Cooler master 550gx
Corsair 450vx
Corsair tx750v2

One more question,
which hdd is better, seagate barracuda 1tb http://www.flipkart.com/seagate-bar...dm003/p/itmd6uyz2g5sdhgh?pid=IHDD6UYN8VR4HRMA
or western digital caviar green 1tb http://www.flipkart.com/wd-caviar-g...9376-78ff-4cbf-80b2-4fb823f1ee17#read-reviews

seagate 2tb http://www.flipkart.com/wd-caviar-g...9376-78ff-4cbf-80b2-4fb823f1ee17#read-reviews
wd green 2tb http://www.flipkart.com/wd-caviar-g...PGTK&ref=83349376-78ff-4cbf-80b2-4fb823f1ee17

I heard these hdds above 1tb are unreliable and don't last long.
Which one is reliable and can be used as primary?

@matrixvipin, go for the Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5000/-.

Western Digital Green edition drives are not reliable as OS drives. So please avoid them for this purpose, if later you want to have a large data-dump drive then the Green edition will be a good pick.

Bit OT, but OP you might consider this http://www.techenclave.com/consumer-feedback/warning-about-havoknation-137851/ before dealing with havoknation.
Thanks for cautioning us.
matrixvipin, go for the Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5000/-.

Western Digital Green edition drives are not reliable as OS drives. So please avoid them for this purpose, if later you want to have a large data-dump drive then the Green edition will be a good pick.

Ok I will buy seagate barracuda 7200 2TB.

Regarding graphics card, I see benchmark of gtx 560 better than HD 7770.
Also there are many different companies for similar kind of card, so is there any physical difference between them other than software?

How do you see these cards,
1. It is 2gb Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2 GB DDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com
2. http://www.flipkart.com/forsa-nvidi...c2ce-3a88-4c04-8d2f-14d89e6a70d1#read-reviews
3. http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-am...-card/p/itmd7th7krc5umdg?pid=GRCD7TGZHNSN39YR
4. http://www.flipkart.com/asus-amd-at...73df-199c-4f2d-9e9e-5b4e26b2a830#read-reviews

I'd recommend you to get 2X1TB HDD's if you can as 2TB HDD's have bigger failure rate than 1TB,It's better to have 2 HDD's if one fails.About GPU yes the GTX560 does surpasses HD7770 but if you want to spend more than 10k then HD6870 OR HD6950 would be a better get as they perform better than GTX560,If you don't want eye candy in gaming then settle for HD7770 it'll do ok for you.
Thanks for cautioning us.

Also there are many different companies for similar kind of card, so is there any physical difference between them other than software?

1. It is 2gb Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2 GB DDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com
2. Forsa NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1 GB DDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com
3. Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com
4. Asus AMD/ATI HD 7770 Direct CU 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

2. Forsa NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1 GB DDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com
3. Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com
4. Asus AMD/ATI HD 7770 Direct CU 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

Avoid hard-drives over the 1TB mark simply because they are less reliable primarily due to the following reason --> multiple platters used for storage, this means there have to be extra access heads and this is the reason why reliability goes down. The 1TB capacity has recently been breached and stuffed onto a single storage platter and that is the main reason we are suggesting you go for that one.

Seagate Barracuda drives (all capacities) have a 2 year limited warranty period (effective July 2012), so you are covered there as well.

Now onto your graphics card, depending on your budget I suggest these cards --
  • under 10000/-: HD7770 GHz edition
  • between 10000/- -->15000/-: HD6870 1GB, HD6950 1GB / 2GB (if you can find these at these prices), MSi GTX560Ti Twin Frozr edition
  • over 15000/-: HD7850 2GB.
I suggest that keeping your future usage in mind it will be best if you get an AMD HD6950 / 7850 class card over everything else.

If you can scale back the performance as time progresses the HD7770 GHz edition is your best bet.

Please avoid nVidia GTX560 / 560Ti's with 2GB memory they do not really perform better than their 1GB editions which are soundly crushed by the HD7850 2GB. Also they consume more power while at it.

Which is better among hd 6850 and hd 7770? In benchmark I see hd 6850 performing little better, though it has less gpu clock but more processors and cores.
Also I can overclock it for more better performance.

Also how are MSI cards in comparison to sapphire because MSI are little bit cheaper in comparison.

Which is better among hd 6850 and hd 7770? In benchmark I see hd 6850 performing little better, though it has less gpu clock but more processors and cores.
Also I can overclock it for more better performance.

Also how are MSI cards in comparison to sapphire because MSI are little bit cheaper in comparison.

A 6850 will Surely have Better Performance then 7770! and With Overclocks the gap Also Increases!

Mind sharing Which cards you are talking about? Both are good! But One with better Cooling Will have Higher Overclocks keeping the Temps Low!

The HD6850 looks good. Go for it, if you are keen on over-clocking the same (mind you, the power consumption goes up).

If you are not over-clocking then the HD7770 GHz is also a worthy card and the GPGPU performance is better thanks to the GCN architecture; not withstanding the card runs cooler and quieter on load.

Back